Nathan Mackinnon Now Vs Peak Peter Forsberg

who is better Nathan Mackinnon Now Vs Peak Peter Forsberg

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wrath

Jan 13, 2012
Why are most of the "Forsberg AINEC" [paraphrased] comments coming from non Avalanche fans...?

I take Forsberg, but the gap really isn't that huge.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Ok, but Forsberg also played at a 120 point pace in his mvp season with 70 plus games played. Add to the fact he did it in a lower scoring environment. His 1.41 ppg was good for best in the league while Mackinnon 1.40 ppg is 4th best.

Then when you factor other aspects of the game like defensive and physical ability, I think Forsberg becomes the close but clear answer.

I agree with the bolded. All im' saying is, it's closer than most will acknowledge or that the voting will show.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Forsberg BUT, MacKinnon is just getting into a window where his legend could be created. If MacKinnon picks up a Conn Smythe, you start to have to think about it. Forsberg, as amazing as he was, never carried a team to a cup, and that's where MacKinnon could make up ground.

Holymakinaw

May 22, 2007
Toronto
Forsberg BUT, MacKinnon is just getting into a window where his legend could be created. If MacKinnon picks up a Conn Smythe, you start to have to think about it. Forsberg, as amazing as he was, never carried a team to a cup, and that's where MacKinnon could make up ground.

Yup. McKinnon is just the kind of guy who COULD do it, too. He's got Conn Smythe written all over him.

Reactions: tucker3434

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.

It's close already but yeah Mac SHOULD have the better career and that's saying a lot

but I'm also one of those "Forsberg peak was the best player in the world" truthers so I'm definitely a little biased. I actually think that Mac does have that ferocity dimension that Forsberg had--the sheer intensity--but that he's too polite where Forsberg was a total dick and just as liable to hack your ankle off.

For me it's Forsberg but there's a lot of racetrack for Mac to change my mind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad