Nathan Mackinnon Now Vs Peak Peter Forsberg

who is better Nathan Mackinnon Now Vs Peak Peter Forsberg

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
How are we defining peak Forsberg? It could be his entire run in Colorado, or maybe just one season

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Mackinnon easily, tho Ive never P Forsberg play so theres that i guess

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
They would be something to see on a line together in the playoffs. This is Forsberg all the way though.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
Forsberg, but the gap is closing.

If MacKinnon can get a cup in the next couple years, I might change my mind.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
MacKinnon is great but it's pretty clearly Forsberg. MacKinnon hasn't been as good offensively as Forsberg's best season or half season and Forsberg was better defensively and in possession. Over a larger stretch, they're probably pretty close offensively though.

Kaner9

Nov 10, 2019
NJ
Forsberg easy cause of a more wellrounded game. Mack is no slouch and might get better so ask again in a few years.

Evgeny Oliker

Mar 12, 2003
Visit site
Forsberg and no it’s not close because:
When healthy and in his peak Forsberg dominated every area of the ice - offensively, defensively, physically. He was also very clutch in the playoffs and was a real difference maker every single game.

MacKinnon is a great player. But he doesn’t have Forsberg’s physical edge/dominance. I also believe Forsberg was the better play-maker. He made Hejduk a 50 goal scorer all by himself really. MacKinnon is a good play-maker but he doesn’t turn good players into elite 50 goal guys.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Forsberg.

If you don't think so, you must not have been watching hockey during his prime.

Who knows how good prime Forsberg would be in this era?

Last edited:

KoozNetsOff 92

Hala Madrid
Apr 6, 2016
Forsberg was better offensively, better defensively, more physical, actually won a ross (MacK has never been within 10pts of winning one), was actually 1st AST, was actually the best player in the world for a bit.. Not close at all.

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
This is probably closer than people will vote.

Forsberg is great and all - but he's not exactly superman. MacKinnon is playing at a ~120 point pace this season. That's pretty good.
Ok, but Forsberg also played at a 120 point pace in his mvp season with 70 plus games played. Add to the fact he did it in a lower scoring environment. His 1.41 ppg was good for best in the league while Mackinnon 1.40 ppg is 4th best.

Then when you factor other aspects of the game like defensive and physical ability, I think Forsberg becomes the close but clear answer.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
LOL can you imagine Peak Forsberg in today's NHL without the trap? Nobody would be able to deal with him.
Too strong, too tough, too smart and too skilled.

Reactions: Lemonlimey
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad