Nathan Horton drops Peckham like a bad habit

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
Peckham goes out of his way to lay a hit on Krejci --Horton tracks him down and they drop the gloves. After a few quick exchanges, Horton comes across with a huge shot that lands flush and Peckham drops forward.

Peckham did not come back out in the 2nd period.

bov

Nov 13, 2010
I was so hoping Peckham would've smashed him. Horton can hold his own pretty well against tough guys, the key is to not get involved in slugfests with him. He gave Asham a pretty good beating a few years back as well, the kid can throw em.

Kyle Doobas*

Maybe Peckham pitied Horton and didn't want to make him any uglier

Wheatking

Sep 25, 2006
Great fight and great pbp by Edwards
I can tolerate homers but the Bruins broadcasters are brutal. Add Milbury during intermissions and it's a disaster. It was weird how much they discredited Hall to make Seguin look better.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Edwards is hilarious. Does he know what a KO is?

Do you NOT know what a KO is? Horton knocked him down with the punch and Peckham didn't return for the rest of the game. That's as clear as a knockout as it gets without Peckham laying on the ground motionless.

Eytinge

Jul 25, 2009
Didn't know Horton could throw down like that. Peckham is a tough customer and I think he underestimated Horton when he opened up against him. Tough break hopefully he's OK.

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta
It's a knockout not a knock down. In the video Peckham wasn't knocked out.

Exactly. It was a KD, not a KO or KTFO, or whatever exaggeration the announcers want to use. Funny, because I spent the last hour on youtube looking at old punch ups from the 70's and 80's and rarely were there even any knockdowns, let alone knockouts.

Giannetti30

Feb 29, 2008
Revere, MA
do you want to call it a TKO then? fights very rarely end with someone unconscious when i think of a KO in a hockey fight its a punch like that that knocks him down and ends the fight

Njd86

May 9, 2010
Pecks took a quick one faster than he thought. But props to him for playing his game. He'll have round 2 with Horton next year. Lucky punch, I predict a Teddy win next time.

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
Do you NOT know what a KO is? Horton knocked him down with the punch and Peckham didn't return for the rest of the game. That's as clear as a knockout as it gets without Peckham laying on the ground motionless.

Errr... Actually... A knockout means you're knocked out.

This is a knockdown. Nothing more.

(and no, I don't have any feelings towards the Bruins or Oilers, Horton or Peckham.... I just think the whole "KO" talk in hockey is beyond ridiculous)

karnige

Real Life FTL
Oct 18, 2006
doesn't look like Peckham expected it. ah that's the way it is when 2 teams don't see each other much. hopefully a rematch one of these days

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Errr... Actually... A knockout means you're knocked out.

This is a knockdown. Nothing more.

(and no, I don't have any feelings towards the Bruins or Oilers, Horton or Peckham.... I just think the whole "KO" talk in hockey is beyond ridiculous)

Dude...Something like that happens in boxing and 80% of the time, the fight is over.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad