Nathan Horton drops Peckham like a bad habit

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
Clearly Nathan Horton reads HF and saw where he was called soft the day before. So he decides to show everyone just how "soft" he really is. :laugh:

Phaedrus

Dec 23, 2008
Clearly Nathan Horton reads HF and saw where he was called soft the day before. So he decides to show everyone just how "soft" he really is. :laugh:

I like Horton (and I like Peckham), and I like seeing the player Horton is on the Bruins... he was wasted in Florida. I always wanted to see the Oil acquire him.

johnunit

Aug 16, 2007
Winnipeg
I used to hate Horton in Florida, I perceived him as soft and emotionless in the same way as guys like Jokinen and Bouwmeester at the time, but he's really turned around.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Exactly. It was a KD, not a KO or KTFO, or whatever exaggeration the announcers want to use. Funny, because I spent the last hour on youtube looking at old punch ups from the 70's and 80's and rarely were there even any knockdowns, let alone knockouts.

It's how fights are called nowadays in hockey. If you knock someone down from a punch and the fight is over, it's listed as a knockout.

1. The loser was dropped by a punch
2. He fell flat on the ice
3. He was clearly unable to continue

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Horton only fights when he is angry, I believe he has dropped the gloves only 3 times this year and he has pounded them all. He is both strong and throws haymakers, sometimes you will get clocked ala Colton Orr, but more times then not, he will win.

Central Scrutinizer

Lord of Song
Jan 6, 2010
montreal
Definitely not a KO.

If you want to see a knockout go look up Fridge/Orr, Downey/Boulerice, Jovo/Deadmarsh, etc...

It was a knockdown.
You can call it a knockdown...but he was knocked out of the game.

He went straight to the dressing room and did not return.

Oh and by the way he is not dressed for tonight's game(1st game sincethe ''knockdown'')
out with concussion like symptoms.

oilsands

dirty oil, comin 4 u
Jul 6, 2007
Halland
You can call it a knockdown...but he was knocked out of the game.

He went straight to the dressing room and did not return.

Oh and by the way he is not dressed for tonight's game(1st game sincethe ''knockdown'')
out with concussion like symptoms.

A knockout is when you are hit in the head and lose consciousness.

seeking*

definite KO, he would have failed a standing count, you can see in Peckham's eyes he is concussed as the linesman has a hold of him

TheFinalWord

Apr 25, 2005
It's how fights are called nowadays in hockey. If you knock someone down from a punch and the fight is over, it's listed as a knockout.

Perhaps by people that don't really know better. Visit hockeyfights.com or hockey-fights.com and see how they called it. I will pretty much guarantee you that nobody is calling it a knockout.

This is a knockout:

Even fights where the person is down and out and needs help to get back up could be considered a knockout, at least in boxing terms. Ivanans this year comes to mind.

It didn't look like Peckham was in any trouble at all and certainly got up on his own accord. He was dropped cleanly by Horton, but wasn't knocked out by any means. Just like Krecji wasn't knocked out by Pouliot and Thorton wasn't knocked out by Carcillo. They were dropped.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Can't say I've ever seen Peckham lose a fight. Good on Horton, that was a great punch.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
I was so hoping Peckham would've smashed him. Horton can hold his own pretty well against tough guys, the key is to not get involved in slugfests with him. He gave Asham a pretty good beating a few years back as well, the kid can throw em.
Yeah, Horton definitely can throw down in the wild brawls. Not a lot of technique, but he certainly has energy and power.

dead_golem

Jan 17, 2006
Salem, MA
I was under the impression that true TKO's and KO's only happened in boxing. In hockey, being on ice and wearing lots of equipment, to make the terms apply at all you have to modify the meaning somewhat.

Boxing you clock someone and they go down and can't continue they get a count to get up. Hockey you go down and linesmen jump in and the fight is over.

Now every time someone falls down and the linesman stop it isn't a KO by hockey standards, but if someone punches someone off their feet and they can't continue...seems pretty reasonable to call that a KO in hockey.

TKO is probably something like when I guy actually goes unconscious for a few seconds, which in hockey happens about once every 5 or so years.

Besides all that, its a announcer. He's meant to get excited and make the moment seem more interesting in order to sell the product, right?

This is the dumbest thread I've read on here in ages.

dafoomie

Jul 22, 2005
Boston
Now every time someone falls down and the linesman stop it isn't a KO by hockey standards, but if someone punches someone off their feet and they can't continue...seems pretty reasonable to call that a KO in hockey.

TKO is probably something like when I guy actually goes unconscious for a few seconds, which in hockey happens about once every 5 or so years.
KO - Literally a knockout, brief loss of consciousness or concussed/dazed, see Troy Mallette vs Murray Baron.

TKO - Hurt by a punch and unable to continue fighting, broken bone or whatever else. Not necessarily knocked down.

KD - Knocked down by a punch, not tripped or wrestled down.

At least thats how I understand it, correct me if I'm wrong. The differences are small and usually debatable.

Mr Atoz*

Do you NOT know what a KO is? Horton knocked him down with the punch and Peckham didn't return for the rest of the game. That's as clear as a knockout as it gets without Peckham laying on the ground motionless.

In other words it's a knockout except for the fact that he didn't knock him out.

Thanks for clearing that up. :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad