TV: Nathan For You

Diddy

Feb 20, 2015
SK
I searched for a thread on this but couldn't find one.

Season 4 is on right now and if you haven't watched the show, you really should. First episode is a look back at previous seasons episodes and talking to past clients.

Diddy

Feb 20, 2015
SK
Anyone else watch the celebration episode last night? Thought it was okay but not as good as a regular episode. Regardless it should be a great season.

Morozov

The Devil Killer
Sep 18, 2007
Yeah the celebration was OK but a bit flat after all the anticipation waiting for new Nathan. Looking forward to a proper season.

Jul 17, 2006
New Zealand
On the Bill Simmons podcast Nathan mentioned the season finale is 2 hours long and quite different 'tonally' to their usual episodes. Interested to see what it is.

SidGenoMario

Apr 10, 2009
Saskatoon, SK
Best comedy on TV.

Absolutely. There's nothing like it.

I thought the celebration episode was like a warm hug from an old friend, even if it wasn't up to same quality as a typical episode. The extended zooming in on signs gag made me laugh pretty hard.

It looks like the 2 hour episode may be about the Bill Gates impersonator.

• Love
Reactions: Rodgerwilco

Carlzner

Oct 31, 2011
Denver, CO
On the Bill Simmons podcast Nathan mentioned the season finale is 2 hours long and quite different 'tonally' to their usual episodes. Interested to see what it is.

The best bet seems to be the Bill Gates impersonator's journey that's in half of the trailer, but I'm not sure.

I remember seeing somewhere that CC is promoting as an episode that you've never seen anything like before on TV. I saw a few guesses on the NFY sub-reddit about Elon Musk and this project:

The two have some history & mutual admiration.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
I thought that first episode was great.

Nathan using the guy's ability to contact the dead to ask about OJ Simpson, presenting the tiny cheque, talking to Anthony about the Holocaust, awkwardly giving that dude the beer, and most of the narration come to mind as hilarious moments off the top of my head.

Diddy

Feb 20, 2015
SK
Anyone watch the episode last night? Thought the first half with chili was hilarious. Seeing Nathan in a chili fat suit and cane hustle into a handicap bathroom to avoid security was great.
2nd half with warts was okay. Though I enjoyed seeing the people he got to participate in something for wart massages was funny. So was the guy talking about his genital warts in front of a room of people. He seems to get the weirdest people to do these things.

Carlzner

Oct 31, 2011
Denver, CO
I thought the 2nd part was great, just a little hard to watch lol.

They actually had to switch episodes, it was supposed to be the Uber episode but apparently there's some kind of shooting scene so they decided to push that to next week. It did leak though, you can find a link on the NFY sub reddit.

Carlzner

Oct 31, 2011
Denver, CO
Just watched the leaked Uber episode and it is absolutely unreal. Probably my favorite episode of the series.

Diddy

Feb 20, 2015
SK
Yep the Andy vs uber episode was really good. Seeing the guy yell at Andy to "turn the music off" was hilarious. And at the end of Nathan's anonymous-esque video that all the terror could be avoided if they just don't give out baby onesies was funny too. Can't really think of a bad part.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Yeah, the threatening video to Uber may have been the highlight of the series so far

I watched it 3 times before continuing with the rest of the episode

Diddy

Feb 20, 2015
SK
Also the struggle to get the burner phones was classic. The fact someone on Craigslist even did all the tasks haha. And Nathan in full scuba gear to pick them up. The effort of the show is awesome.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
Ai-doo :laugh:

Nathan is mental, man. Honestly watching the episode I kept thinking it was about taking down Uber from within - until Nathan reminded me it was about the f***ing onesies, lmao.

Reactions: Kelly and Diddy
Jan 3, 2012
It really has no continuity episode to episode so you could watch however you like. I'd start from the beginning regardless.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad