Proposal: Nathan Beaulieu to Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.

typicalsavage

Oct 31, 2018
Beaulieu isn't great and neither is Winnipeg's defense as a whole. The one defense in the league that looks worse than Winnipeg's is Toronto and I'd rather let them toil in their own misery.

lol let me get this straight.

Morriseey, Pionk, Kulikov > Rielly, Muzzin and Barrie? Even when the Jets had Trouba, Buff and Myers their defence core was still worse than the Leafs. Jets mightve been the most overrated and overhyped team in the last decade.

unicornpig

Dec 8, 2017

Morriseey, Pionk, Kulikov > Rielly, Muzzin and Barrie? Even when the Jets had Trouba, Buff and Myers their defence core was still worse than the Leafs. Jets mightve been the most overrated and overhyped team in the last decade.
Lol

Reactions: HabsQC

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
Not to speak negatively on off ice issues but NB should probably stay away from major markets, Montreal was too much for him.

Prominence

Ryan Tverberg Fan
Jul 22, 2011
Vancouver
Toronto has rielly, muzzin, sandin and dermott on the left side. Next year, it will be sandin, rielly and dermott all of whom are better than beaulieu.

hell, i’d even take biega over beaulieu.

GaryPoppins

A broken clock is right twice in a day
Sep 10, 2016

Lol, no they weren't re last year. If you have Hainsey in your top 4, you're not a strong D Corps bud.

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
Beaulieu is very weak defensively. He is a fantastic skater but his offence just never translated over to the NHL. He is a bottom pair defenceman who needs to be paired with more of a stay at home type. He is the exact opposite fit that the Leafs should be looking to add.

Reactions: HabsQC and hn777

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Beaulieu isn't great and neither is Winnipeg's defense as a whole. The one defense in the league that looks worse than Winnipeg's is Toronto and I'd rather let them toil in their own misery.

I've watched some Winnipeg this year, you would be extremely incorrect in that assessment

Beaulieu (300k retained)

for

Marincin
4th round pick

God no, why waste a 4th on Beaulieu?

We've got plenty of other plugs we could play that aren't in danger of getting themselves into trouble in downtown Toronto

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
No point in the Leafs throwing away a draft pick. Just put the guy on waivers.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC

Well THAT is clearly wrong. When the Jets had Trouba / Buff / Morrissey they were significantly better than the TML D. Over hyped and overrated teams generally don't finish 3nd overall in the NHL with 114 points and a plus 59 goal differential (and make it to the conference finals).

Jets have the worst D on paper in the league NOW. IMO the Leafs D looks pretty good now. Reilly Barrie / Muzzin is a very good top 3.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Not sure why the Leafs would even want Beaulieu.

If we want a bottom pairing D-man...most likely would be a RD

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto

The Jets current D is no where close to as talented as the Leafs D haha. Literally it’s Morrissey and some also rans haha

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
Well THAT is clearly wrong. When the Jets had Trouba / Buff / Morrissey they were significantly better than the TML D. Over hyped and overrated teams generally don't finish 3nd overall in the NHL with 114 points and a plus 59 goal differential (and make it to the conference finals).

Jets have the worst D on paper in the league NOW. IMO the Leafs D looks pretty good now. Reilly Barrie / Muzzin is a very good top 3.

I consider this fair and accurate.

No to OP offer. It’s of no benefit to the Leafs.

grapes55

Sep 14, 2017
theneckguard.wordpress.com

Basically this, plus the Leafs would try at least one of the million bottom pair options they signed this summer before looking to trade for one

howkie

Dec 13, 2014

That would be Toronto, greatest team ever in NHL, champions of NHL, that cant win in the playoffs. Biggest papertigers.

Reactions: BatVader
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad