Confirmed with Link: Nathan Beaulieu for a 7th Rd pick

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
He was acquired as a physical depth defenseman, who wont cost anything toward the cap. If the Pens go on a long playoff run, you need 9-10 NHL level defensemen. He adds to that.

I saw some Tweets saying the Pens could bring back Zucker in the regular season and be fine. Having NB be on LTIR apparently made people think this. But right now, that's not looking true to me.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
I saw some Tweets saying the Pens could bring back Zucker in the regular season and be fine. Having NB be on LTIR apparently made people think this. But right now, that's not looking true to me.
With the retention on Rackell and ZAR/Simon moved out, Zucker can come off LTIR at any time. Beaulieu is not expected to be healthy until the playoffs, so there is zero cap complications in trading for him. Its remote that he plays enough to meet the conditions of the 7th round pick, so we got him for free whether he plays or not.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
With the retention on Rackell and ZAR/Simon moved out, Zucker can come off LTIR at any time. Beaulieu is not expected to be healthy until the playoffs, so there is zero cap complications in trading for him. Its remote that he plays enough to meet the conditions of the 7th round pick, so we got him for free whether he plays or not.

I understand the words and reasoning, but not the math/$$$.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
5 years ago, great. Now? Whatever.

He's not better than Riikola at anything. I highly doubt we have to reach that far down the depth charts and if we do, we have bigger issues.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
I honestly wondered if grabbing an LTIR guy was a move to give Hexy more cap flexibility just in case he needed it.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
I understand the words and reasoning, but not the math/$$$.
batman-begins-look.gif

Im not the best to explain it. There is currently enough cap space for Zucker to come off of LTIR, I am sure there will have to be some minor roster move to facilitate it, someone will have to go down to the minors. Basically you incur cap space daily by spending below the cap. Once you start using LTIR you no longer incur that space, LTIR allows you to temporarily go above the cap limit by the LTIR amount, LTIR gets really messy. Since the Pens have been on LTIR the entire year, equal money in had to be matched with money out, hence the need for ZAR and Simon to go back in the Rackell trade.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad