Confirmed with Link: Nate Prosser returns - claimed off Waivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I suppose I'm under the impression that they're going to sign and roll with Bryz, which means no 8th D.
If that is the case, then the Wild will likely try to sneak Prosser through waivers themselves when teams are making final cuts. He's on a two way deal remember, so they'd have no issues playing him in Iowa if he clears.

There's no loss in the insurance attempt either way. Russo just tweeted that he thinks that is all this is, insurance. Won't affect Dumba/Folin directly. Only their play will affect their status. Thus far, both deserve spots.

tomthestone*

Prosser should have been forced to walk home from Chicago last spring. They're going to have to try and swing a deal for a real defender at some point if the blueline is brittle enough to bring this guy back.

Generic User

How's your burger?
Jul 7, 2009
Uncanny Valley
All he said was that we were happy to get the Avs in the first round vs the Blues. I don't think it's a big deal, everyone knows we stack up better against the Avs.

Oh yeah, I knew about that..

I saw that more as a "Wild knew the Blues were a better team than the Avs" than "Wild were scared of the Blues and knew they would lose." Slight to the Avs/compliment to the Blues.

Vashanesh

Nope.
Jan 29, 2010
Minnesota
If that is the case, then the Wild will likely try to sneak Prosser through waivers themselves when teams are making final cuts. He's on a two way deal remember, so they'd have no issues playing him in Iowa if he clears.

Fair enough. Maybe they claimed him to pair him with whichever of Dumba and Folin end up in Iowa, if that's still their plan.

Whatever, I'm going to stop baselessly speculating, now. :laugh:

Chojin

Tiny Panger...
Apr 6, 2011

There's no loss in the insurance attempt either way. Russo just tweeted that he thinks that is all this is, insurance. Won't affect Dumba/Folin directly. Only their play will affect their status. Thus far, both deserve spots.

Doesn't work that way. They'd have to put him on waivers again, and if he wasn't claimed for an NHL roster, the Blues are allowed to claim him and place him directly in the AHL.

Jarick

Doing Nothing
Weeeeiiiiirrrrd.

The only thing I can think is that Folin is going down for sure and maybe Dumba too.

I don't dislike Prosser as a depth guy. And there's no trouble with having Prosser making popcorn while Dumba and Folin get some seasoning.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Fair enough. Maybe they claimed him to pair him with whichever of Dumba and Folin end up in Iowa, if that's still their plan.

Whatever, I'm going to stop baselessly speculating, now. :laugh:

Prosser doesn't play left D, that's why we wouldn't give him a 1 way to begin with.We're over loaded on the left as it is.

The Wild would like Brodin to move primarily to the left side himself, which is why Dumba/Folin both have a good chance at being in the top 6 right now.

Suter - Dumba
Scandella - Spurgeon
Brodin - Folin

Looks sexy! Brodin would still take quite a few right side shifts to limit both Dumba/Folin's icetime to around 15 minutes each give or take.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Doesn't work that way. They'd have to put him on waivers again, and if he wasn't claimed for an NHL roster, the Blues are allowed to claim him and place him directly in the AHL.

Did you even READ what you bolded? I said they'd put him through waivers in that bolded statement!

The Blues have no rights to him unless they put in another claim of their own. Russo even mentioned already the Wild could waive him to send him to Iowa.

The Blues do not own him, and his rights do not revert back to the Blues if the Wild waive him.

If the Blues make a claim, they's have to keep him in the NHL. That's how waivers work.

The ONLY way to go to the AHL through waivers is to clear unclaimed.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Prosser doesn't play left D, that's why we wouldn't give him a 1 way to begin with.We're over loaded on the left as it is.

The Wild would like Brodin to move primarily to the left side himself, which is why Dumba/Folin both have a good chance at being in the top 6 right now.

Suter - Dumba
Scandella - Spurgeon
Brodin - Folin

Looks sexy! Brodin would still take quite a few right side shifts to limit both Dumba/Folin's icetime to around 15 minutes each give or take.

Interesting. Like Brodin in his rookie season, let Dumba play to the right of Suter who can be trusted to clean up the youngster's mistakes....and see how it goes from there.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta

Suter - Dumba
Scandella - Spurgeon
Brodin - Folin

Seems like it would work, in theory, but is it a good thing to make 21 year old defenseman consistently flip flop between the right and left side during games? Seems like that's asking a lot.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Granted I only saw the last Pittsburgh game, but I didn't see the whole 'Bickel is god awful' thing. He looked pretty much like a right handed Stoner to me.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Interesting. Like Brodin in his rookie season, let Dumba play to the right of Suter who can be trusted to clean up the youngster's mistakes....and see how it goes from there.

This, and you add in the fact that Suter/Brodin are same style players where as Dumba's skill set would compliment Suter's, same with Brodin/Folin...it seems like a no brainer as long as they are playing well.

Chojin

Tiny Panger...
Apr 6, 2011
Did you even READ what you bolded? I said they'd put him through waivers in that bolded statement!

The Blues have no rights to him unless they put in another claim of their own. Russo even mentioned already the Wild could waive him to send him to Iowa.

The Blues do not own him, and his rights do not revert back to the Blues if the Wild waive him.

If the Blues make a claim, they's have to keep him in the NHL. That's how waivers work.

The ONLY way to go to the AHL through waivers is to clear unclaimed.

See: http://www.wingingitinmotown.com/2013/7/26/4548948/getting-to-know-the-cba-episode-7-waivers

If for some reason, a club loses a player to waivers and then later is the only club to claim him when he's placed back on waivers, they may loan him to the AHL immediately.

If the Wild waived Prosser, and the Blues claim him, they can place him directly in the AHL because they originally owned his rights. So the Wild have no way of 'sneaking him through waivers', because the Blues would obviously pick him back up and assign him to their AHL affiliate, as they had planned on doing all along.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Seems like it would work, in theory, but is it a good thing to make 21 year old defenseman consistently flip flop between the right and left side during games? Seems like that's asking a lot.

He already did for the second half of last season as a 20 year old...

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
See: http://www.wingingitinmotown.com/2013/7/26/4548948/getting-to-know-the-cba-episode-7-waivers

If the Wild waived Prosser, and the Blues claim him, they can place him directly in the AHL because they originally owned his rights. So the Wild have no way of 'sneaking him through waivers', because the Blues would obviously pick him back up and assign him to their AHL affiliate, as they had planned on doing all along.

You are assuming they want him back which isn't guaranteed. They may full his AHL spot with someone else in the mean time.

Chojin

Tiny Panger...
Apr 6, 2011
You are assuming they want him back which isn't guaranteed. They may full his AHL spot with someone else in the mean time.

This is true, although the Blues AHL defense depth is pretty pathetic and I imagine they'd want him back.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
This is true, although the Blues AHL defense depth is pretty pathetic and I imagine they'd want him back.

Well, Russo just quoted a text from Fletcher saying he could be back on waivers if he doesn't make the team, so it doesn't sound like there's much concern.

As I said, I expect the team to keep 8 D anyway, that post about sending him to Iowa was in response to someone saying they think we keep 3 goalies. I'm not convinced about keeping 3 right now.

I think this is our D lineup.

Suter-Dumba
Scandella-Spurgeon
Brodin-Folin
Extras: Ballard, Prosser

melinko

Jun 13, 2010
Minnesota
I like Prosser better than Ballard. Prosser plays within his abilities and Ballard tries to do too much.

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013
Granted I only saw the last Pittsburgh game, but I didn't see the whole 'Bickel is god awful' thing. He looked pretty much like a right handed Stoner to me.

Because there are other defensemen in the team who are way better than him.

Generic User

How's your burger?
Jul 7, 2009
Uncanny Valley
I like Prosser better than Ballard. Prosser plays within his abilities and Ballard tries to do too much.

Except last year in the playoffs vs Chicago when Prosser tried to play the hero role, stepped up, tried to play 4th forward to score a goal, did a risky pinch and caused a turnover the other way which led to Chicago's go-ahead goal. At least if my memory serves me correctly..

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013
Except last year in the playoffs vs Chicago when Prosser tried to play the hero role, stepped up, tried to play 4th forward to score a goal, did a risky pinch and caused a turnover the other way which led to Chicago's go-ahead goal. At least if my memory serves me correctly..

Yep at least if Dumba does it he has offensive abilities to make up for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad