Confirmed with Link: Nate Prosser returns - claimed off Waivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
umm...this is good for our depth. or as an attitude coach in Iowa. whatever. i don't know why people assume he's going to be playing regularly...and if he isn't, what's to hate about this signing? I mean, we offered him a two way for a reason--because we knew he'd most likely be at the farm.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
i really didnt think we needed another 7th D man even though i like prosser. strange i thought we were waiting to scoop up a player a team like chicago has to get rid of for cap reasons. i'll have to assume CF knows why he did this. maybe russo can ask him?

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Didn't GMCF try to sign hin to a 2-way deal?

Well played, Chuck.

Jarick

Doing Nothing
By9V3AUCEAAOPqr.png

Dampland

Mar 14, 2011
Gainfully Employed
Well, I think the Wild are planning something that will shock you all.

The Wild are going to keep Ballard/Bickel/Prosser as the 3rd def. combo, and send BOTH Folin and Dumba to Iowa to start the season.

I then think around Christmas, they will bring one of the rookies up, and waive Bickel.

EDIT: I am not the least bothered about Prosser's "fist pumping" quote. He was just trying to win favor with a new team, and I think anyone would do the same. It's really a non issue in my mind, and I bet the Wild feel the same.

J22*

Prosser doesn't play left D, that's why we wouldn't give him a 1 way to begin with.We're over loaded on the left as it is.

The Wild would like Brodin to move primarily to the left side himself, which is why Dumba/Folin both have a good chance at being in the top 6 right now.

Suter - Dumba
Scandella - Spurgeon
Brodin - Folin

Looks sexy! Brodin would still take quite a few right side shifts to limit both Dumba/Folin's icetime to around 15 minutes each give or take.

I am going to assume that you meant right in the first sentence? It still wouldn't be true, especially if you believe that they want Brodin on the left side, but it would at least make some sense out of your argument.

As for the bolded comment about Brodin, I wont claim to know how "the Wild" feel, but they have shown zero indication that they want him on the left side.

Did you even READ what you bolded? I said they'd put him through waivers in that bolded statement!

The Blues have no rights to him unless they put in another claim of their own. Russo even mentioned already the Wild could waive him to send him to Iowa.

The Blues do not own him, and his rights do not revert back to the Blues if the Wild waive him.

If the Blues make a claim, they's have to keep him in the NHL. That's how waivers work.

The ONLY way to go to the AHL through waivers is to clear unclaimed.

Wrong. If the Wild put Prosser on waivers and he clears the 28 other teams, the Blues can put him directly to the AHL.There is basically zero chance that the Wild would be able to get Prosser to Iowa.

He already did for the second half of last season as a 20 year old...

Wrong again. Brodin only played a handful of games on the left side last year, and it was only because both Stoner and Ballard were hurt.

Marlowe Syn

R-O-C-K-F-O-R-D
Sep 2, 2008
He'll be a good #7-8 guy for us. It was a bit of a roundabout way but in the end Fletcher got Prosser on the two way contract he wanted. If he gets waived and gets claimed by either St Louis or some other team. No real loss. Honestly I think I'd rather we waive Ballard at some point. I guess that all depends how each guy plays. Another Minnesota player for the organization. Much rather have Prosser over Bickel. At least with Prosser he is familiar with the system.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I am going to assume that you meant right in the first sentence? It still wouldn't be true, especially if you believe that they want Brodin on the left side, but it would at least make some sense out of your argument.

As for the bolded comment about Brodin, I wont claim to know how "the Wild" feel, but they have shown zero indication that they want him on the left side.
No, you read it right, I meant overloaded on the left-side.

The fact that we have had a left hand shot playing the right side, and many times 2 left handed shots playing the right side (last year when Ballard played mostly on the right) shows we've always been shorthanded on the right side and overloaded on the left.

As for the Wild wanting Brodin to move to the left, Fletcher said as much last season - foreseeing him anchoring his own pairing down the road etc.
Wrong again. Brodin only played a handful of games on the left side last year, and it was only because both Stoner and Ballard were hurt.
Not at all, he was taking left handed shifts in games when he primarily played on the right side, as they were trying to give him extra ice-time in games when Ballard was playing left.

So not only did he play some games on the left, he played MANY games with shifts on the left when he primarily played on the right.

He's been moving back and forth more frequently as time has gone on.

J22*

No, you read it right, I meant overloaded on the left-side.

The fact that we have had a left hand shot playing the right side, and many times 2 left handed shots playing the right side (last year when Ballard played mostly on the right) shows we've always been shorthanded on the right side and overloaded on the left.

As for the Wild wanting Brodin to move to the left, Fletcher said as much last season - foreseeing him anchoring his own pairing down the road etc.

Not at all, he was taking left handed shifts in games when he primarily played on the right side, as they were trying to give him extra ice-time in games when Ballard was playing left.

So not only did he play some games on the left, he played MANY games with shifts on the left when he primarily played on the right.

He's been moving back and forth more frequently as time has gone on.

So, the Wild wouldn't give Prosser(a RIGHT defenseman) a contract because he doesn't play LEFT D and the Wild already have too many left d?

Wont get into the Fletcher "quote" too much other than to say that I don't remember hearing him say anything like that.

As far as Brodin "frequently" playing on the left side. Brodin played 62.2% of his 5 on 5 ice time with Suter and 20.1% with Scandella. That leaves a grand total of 263 minutes that he could have possibly spent on the left side. Take away any time he spent on the ice with Stoner, and the handful of games he played on the left because of injury, and I don't see any way you can claim he spent "frequent" time on the left side.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Hmm... considering 99% of it was post Olympic break, and I did say "more frequently" not that it was already "frequent". Big difference.

Though if Dumba AND Folin both make the roster, that puts Brodin on the left side permanently (or for as long as BOTH stay up that is, wouldn't be a shock to see one of them sent down if their play slips etc).

J22*

Hmm... considering 99% of it was post Olympic break, and I did say "more frequently" not that it was already "frequent". Big difference.

Though if Dumba AND Folin both make the roster, that puts Brodin on the left side permanently (or for as long as BOTH stay up that is, wouldn't be a shock to see one of them sent down if their play slips etc).

WOW, your excellent use of statistics has me rethinking my opinion. Just for fun I decided to listen to tonights game while watching the ice tracker on NHL gamecenter. The wild dressed 2LD and 4RD wanna guess which of the RD switched to LD? I will give you one hint, it wasn't Brodin.

Al Lagoon

Feb 22, 2012
If the Wild have an injury or two on the blue line, guys like Prosser and Falk could be useful.

When some of these college d'men need to be signed, less so.

BlueSinceBirth

Jul 4, 2006
Any idea if Prosser will end up on waivers? I'm sure Armstrong would put a claim in to get him back.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Any idea if Prosser will end up on waivers? I'm sure Armstrong would put a claim in to get him back.

I don't think so....It sounds like the Wild will start the season with 8 defensemen on the roster. And my gut feeling is that if anyone gets put on waivers, it'll be Ballard before Prosser.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad