Nassau Coliseum Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Are there any studies out there pointing to the economic impact of the Isles leaving?

I'm not aware of any economic studies, but TOH's Bucolic Meter numbers are way up. Keep it up and they could be challenging the Chernobyl area at some point.

JohnTonelliRises

Tonelli Approves↑
Sep 29, 2006
Connecticut
Team management and owners should be ashamed that they won their first series in 23 years in BK instead of Nassau.

It's the sort of stuff that makes you go "hmm.."

While I don't blame Wang for everything, it's a crying shame that he just offloaded the team using Plan Z and raked in the dollars on last season and this season. Great payoff for him and a good way to give it to the NC politicians (Mod Edit). But, this was really more of him cutting off the nose to spite the face sort of play.

Hopefully, the renovation efforts are a little more thought out than Charles' last stand.

Last edited by a moderator:

Strummergas

Regular User
Sep 3, 2006
Queens, NY
Team management and owners should be ashamed that they won their first series in 23 years in BK instead of Nassau.

It's the sort of stuff that makes you go "hmm.."

While I don't blame Wang for everything, it's a crying shame that he just offloaded the team using Plan Z and raked in the dollars on last season and this season. Great payoff for him and a good way to give it to the NC politicians (Mod Edit). But, this was really more of him cutting off the nose to spite the face sort of play.

Hopefully, the renovation efforts are a little more thought out than Charles' last stand.

Seriously? He owned the team for 15 years and tried to get a deal done in Nassau during every single one of them. How long would YOU have waited; not as a fan, as a business owner. I think it's somewhat fitting that finally getting over the first round hump coincides with the team getting out of Nassau. Not that this team couldn't do it at the Coliseum, or that Brooklyn had anything to do with it, but it does seem symbolic to me. So many new beginnings.

And by all accounts, the renovation efforts are pretty well thought out; for life without the Islanders.

Last edited:

JohnTonelliRises

Tonelli Approves↑
Sep 29, 2006
Connecticut
Seriously? He owned the team for 15 years and tried to get a deal done in Nassau during every single one of them. How long would YOU have waited; not as a fan, as a business owner. I think it's somewhat fitting that finally getting over the first round hump coincides with the team getting out of Nassau. Not that this team couldn't do it at the Coliseum, or that Brooklyn had anything to do with it, but it does seem symbolic to me. So many new beginnings.

And by all accounts, the renovation efforts are pretty well thought out; for life without the Islanders.

It's actually not his fault in that sense, I just wish that the thought process was a little bit more rational and less of dump the team anywhere at any cost, sort of thing.

ScaredStreit

May 5, 2006
Tampa, FL

Wang sucks as an owner for many reason....the Isles leaving Long Island is NOT one of them.

edott

Mar 10, 2016
Wang cannot be happy with Bridgeport's very poor attendance for two weekend home playoff games the fans knew would happen. I'm not sure he wants a lame duck year in Bridgeport and has to supply a professional hockey league team there but it's time to get an Islander affiliate team into the Coliseum whether it be AHL or ECHL.

He has two practice rinks and two facilities so no issue bringing in a team.

JohnTonelliRises

Tonelli Approves↑
Sep 29, 2006
Connecticut
Wang cannot be happy with Bridgeport's very poor attendance for two weekend home playoff games the fans knew would happen. I'm not sure he wants a lame duck year in Bridgeport and has to supply a professional hockey league team there but it's time to get an Islander affiliate team into the Coliseum whether it be AHL or ECHL.

He has two practice rinks and two facilities so no issue bringing in a team.

I never understood why their AHL team plays in CT. Sure, it's cool, but regardless, they belong in LI.

edott

Mar 10, 2016
I never understood why their AHL team plays in CT. Sure, it's cool, but regardless, they belong in LI.

When the Sound Tigers were formed Roy Boe was based in Ct, the new arena was built there and the Islanders wanted to finally stop sharing affiliates or have to pull their prospects from other teams who owned the affiliate. The Islanders were at the Coliseum so there was no place in Nassau for an AHL team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad