Value of: Nashville's pending UFAs

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
Novak has the most value, but I don't see him getting much more than a late first, if that.

Carrier - 2nd + late rounder or 3rd + prospect
Trenin same as Carrier, maybe a little more.

I'd see if we could package the two for a 1st if we want to trade them at the deadline.

Reactions: Armourboy

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I don't think we move Novak unless someone offers something stupid or Trotz knows he won't resign.

I think Trenin could push a bit more than Carrier simply because of the style of game he plays but who is in the market for what will really drive both players values.

Reactions: Play

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
Pardon my lack of knowledge if I'm off base, but doesn't Trenin hit everything that moves? I assume that's an asset many teams would love to have in the playoffs to beef up their bottom 6. Could see a team overpaying for him.

Reactions: DJN21 and Chainshot

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Novak has regained his scoring touch and confidence here recently. Trotz is reportedly wanting to keep him but if he cant, then his near league minimum caphit and 50ish point pace will be enticing to alot of teams looking for cheap depth. Has some positional versatility able to play wing or center as well. I believe in a bidding war he could get a late 1st or a recently drafted 1st round prospect, or a 2nd + prospect

Carrier is an underrated dman. Solid defensively with a very reasonable caphit. Probably a 2nd maybe a little more if retention is involved.

Trenin - i find his value hard to nail down. Gms always overvalue grit/playing with an edge/hitting etc. Trenin is a big physical player that can chip in offensively and eats minutes on the PK. Id say a 3rd but who knows he might get a 2nd.

Reactions: Clint Eastwood

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
Trenin for Nick Robertson? 🤷
I think that would be a bad trade for the leafs. The kid will be a top 6 player, not a star but a 25 to 30 goal player in his prime. Trenin provides physicality and decent defensively but his offense is terrible.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Id do leafs 1st + Ryan Tverberg (22/23 year old prispect putting up good numbers on the marlies who plays a pretty forechecking based game) for Carrier@50% + Trenin@50%

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Id do leafs 1st + Ryan Tverberg (22/23 year old prispect putting up good numbers on the marlies who plays a pretty forechecking based game) for Carrier@50% + Trenin@50%
TBH a deal for both is going to come down to what the market is offering for either as if a couple teams get into a bidding war it could push it to the point moving them separate just makes more sense.

As Soundgarden said as well, we only have one retention slot so would need to figure out one or the other for that but honestly we could use a body or two if we move guys just so we can keep the guys in Milwaukee for the playoffs there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad