Post-Game Talk: Nashville Wins - This is Like Coke and Mentos

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I read that as well and I thought he was way off.
If we were to grade players for year, how would grades go
McDavid 5
Drai 5
Kane 6
Nuge 4
Hyman 4
Brown 1
Foegele 6
Holloway 1
McLeod 1
Gagner 8
Ryan 2
Janmark 1

Nurse 2
Ceci 2
Bouchard 5
Ekholm 5
VD 4
Kulak 5
Broberg 1

Campbell 1
Skinner 1

Woody 1
Lots of F's on that report card. Not that I'm criticizing your grading. heh

No way Vinnie gets a 4 in my book though. Worst defender on the ice last night, with apology to Nurse who just got edged out...

Foegele probably shouldn't be getting a higher rating than Hyman. Think he's overrated a bit above. this has been good Foegele mostly, he's not a passenger this season. But not great either.

When I lose the Kostin bet thats the Avatar I prefer to be wearing. People promised me that I'd be made to wear a Woody or yama avatar. Oh the pain...Gonna look pretty ironic in the offseason.

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
f0e548d7e18ec7db1126a59c6e49c6e1.jpg

Zguy370

Dec 25, 2007
Mcdavid is hurt, there is no doubt about it.

I sit close to the ice and watched him last night, he cant pivot, not sure whats keeping him from pivoting, but he cant do it. Watched it multiple times yesterday. Along with pivoting he cant stick handle, or shoot. He was throwing hits, so not sure whats keeping him from pivoting, but its something in the core or hips
He's ailing some discomfort but to what extend? , Maybe he's doing it on purpose, like with Draisaitl, but in a different way, likely are fed up with playing for this goof of a nothing more than an minor hockey league coach and want to see new blood back there

Reactions: Drivesaitl

Wreckus

Feb 21, 2016
Maybe he's doing it on purpose, like with Draisaitl, but in a different way, likely are fed up with playing for this goof of a nothing more than an minor hockey league coach and want to see new blood back there
I don't know. That's what, the 4th coach in the McDavid era or the 5th if we replaced Woody?

Regardless, I hope that Jackson has a close door meeting with Connor and Leon on what to do now and what their plans on if this season is toast.

Zguy370

Dec 25, 2007
I don't know. That's what, the 4th coach in the McDavid era or the 5th if we replaced Woody?

Regardless, I hope that Jackson has a close door meeting with Connor and Leon on what to do now and what their plans on if this season is toast.
Hopefully the bolded part is going to take place. I honestly see this team, goaltenders haha, the current coaching staff, GM, amounting to another lost season anyways. The decision in that meeting will be if Connor and Leon want out or are still willing to suffer with another contract and hope

Wreckus

Feb 21, 2016
Hopefully the bolded part is going to take place. I honestly see this team, goaltenders haha, the current coaching staff, GM, amounting to another lost season anyways. The decision in that meeting will be if Connor and Leon want out or are still willing to suffer with another contract and hope
Yup. Hopefully some changes are done soon (coach, GM)

Reactions: Zguy370

Duke74

Jan 13, 2018
He's obviously playing through something, having said that, what the f*** is Draisaitl's excuse.

I like Leon and yes I give him a lot of leash, but c'mon dude.
I don't know what's going on with Drai. We all know (except for the trolls on the mains) that he can produce without McDavid. But he hasn't exactly risen to lead this team the way he did in 2020 when he swept the awards. Missing easy shots, not putting in an effort, etc. Either doesn't really give a shit about hockey and just wants to enjoy his rich lifestyle or he's given up on the idea of the team doing anything this year and so he's mailed it in. Unacceptable.

Time for the trade Draisaitl thread. 2/3's of the season he isn't worth 2 million. Last 1/3 worth more than McD.
I got absolutely killed on here when I made that suggestion last winter. It was a way of upgrading the G and D when our offence was already more than satisfactory and when Drai's value would have been higher than it is now.

Reactions: oljimmy

Duke74

Jan 13, 2018
At this point, IR him. Or LTIR him. They look just as incompetent and terrible as a team after game 10 as they did game 1. There's no fixing this shitbag roster Holland assembled so there's equally no use in putting the golden goose out in the pasture.
We should pull a Vegas/Tampa and LITR McDavid until Game 1 of the playoffs (assuming we can still make it). Then use the cap space to bring in a real goalie that Schwartz hasn't had the opportunity to corrupt along with a top-four D.

Wreckus

Feb 21, 2016
We should pull a Vegas/Tampa and LITR McDavid until Game 1 of the playoffs (assuming we can still make it). Then use the cap space to bring in a real goalie that Schwartz hasn't had the opportunity to corrupt along with a top-four D.
Way the team plays w/out Mcdavid, there's no chance in hell of getting into the playoffs.

Hemsky4pm2

Dec 2, 2017
Fans gonna fan, but it would be nice for a change to read some optimism here. This team won 3 rounds the past 2 seasons. Sure, there have been lows over the past many years, but we have a roster of elite players. It isn't working right now, but that is the randomness of pro sports. The tide will turn here.

Reactions: Gordy Elbows

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Fans gonna fan, but it would be nice for a change to read some optimism here. This team won 3 rounds the past 2 seasons. Sure, there have been lows over the past many years, but we have a roster of elite players. It isn't working right now, but that is the randomness of pro sports. The tide will turn here.
It should. But all players can have problems with confidence and even the best. So we're seeing that with McDrai. They are making some plays, and particularly Drai, but nothing is going, sticks are being squeezed, and I really think confidence plays such a huge part that players fire the puck either thinking they will or will not score. When on the mental aspect is expecting to score, nailing it, and going on heaters. What I'm noting with McD is he's muffing it right at goalies, not even particualrly difficult stops. He's capable of bar in bar down stuff but he's not putting the pucks there.

In the case of Drai missing the net completely.

Nuge was snakebit hard yesterday but certainly getting the scoring chances. Kane had several.

The line of the day was Drai centering Kane and Gagner. That one was working. Sadly didn't stick to it. That was the line that hemmed in Nashville for a whole long shift and then leading to next shift.

Gagner has always played better with larger players. I've always wanted to have Drai more with Kane. But please keep the 3 together. Nuge also works in that line but can be used elsewhere. With Gagner we have a cheap fill option that can actually play and make good plays and be confident on pucks.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Right? I am flabbergasted on some the remarks not only here but on social media as well towards McDrai right now. Is one 10 game stretch of sub standard play although still PPG pace enough to disregard almost a decade of dominance? Are we really that bad of a fan base to turn on the guys that have consistently produced year in and year out?
People get on me here too when I constantly defend McDrai from criticism. They've more than earned it. I even expect them to have downtimes. How can mortals not.

As a fanbase we become unappreciative of the two great player we do have who are in an apparent slump. We experience their great play and learn to expect it always. But theres no players in the league that are giving it all the time. O Reilly for instance who was first star looked like a god. Theres been whole months from him that look awful. He plays his way off several clubs. If the guy was here he'd be highly critiqued for inconsistency, bad attitude, but yesterday he had a throne.

lately people here are wanking to Matthews again. How many times are there when Matthews is off his game. What has that team ever accomplished?

How about Stamkos. An absolute turd. But has 3 cups and not because of him, but because of being on the right deep teams.

In hockey it isn't always the superstars that determine season outcomes.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I read them more as a source of amusement than anything else. As I so often tell my wife: People see what they want to see and disregard all other things but of course bias is something that is essential to survival.
This is an interesting comment. Not sure if the comment was anthropological in nature or tongue in cheek. But interesting nonetheless.

Agree that gradings of all sorts are equal parts fishwrap. Humans are hardwired to be inobjective and we make poor court witnesses. As a species.

Leave the damn monkey alone!
Poor monkey by association.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007

It'd be #5 lol
T-Mac
Hitch (62 games)
Tippett
Woodcroft

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
People get on me here too when I constantly defend McDrai from criticism. They've more than earned it. I even expect them to have downtimes. How can mortals not.

As a fanbase we become unappreciative of the two great player we do have who are in an apparent slump. We experience their great play and learn to expect it always. But theres no players in the league that are giving it all the time. O Reilly for instance who was first star looked like a god. Theres been whole months from him that look awful. He plays his way off several clubs. If the guy was here he'd be highly critiqued for inconsistency, bad attitude, but yesterday he had a throne.

lately people here are wanking to Matthews again. How many times are there when Matthews is off his game. What has that team ever accomplished?

How about Stamkos. An absolute turd. But has 3 cups and not because of him, but because of being on the right deep teams.

In hockey it isn't always the superstars that determine season outcomes.
Stammer and absolute turd. LOL ok

Louis Cypher

Boys are back in town
Jun 11, 2007
You can't squeeze other GM's.
Trades are hard to make.
Dollar in; Dollar out.

This organization has morons who viewed Broberg untouchable thinking he would be as good as Chychrun. Literally the most dumbest f***ing take I could imagine.

The entire team is playing like dog shit defense. But, yeah, let's pile on the rookie for not turning the team around. 🙄

Reactions: Behind Enemy Lines

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
The entire team is playing like dog shit defense. But, yeah, let's pile on the rookie for not turning the team around. 🙄

I mean the main point of the post was more so on criticizing Ken Holland and the rest of the management members being dumb enough to think Broberg would be as good as Chychrun. :huh::huh::huh:

Did you not see the whole discussion with @Cloned or simply just responding to one post?

Louis Cypher

Boys are back in town
Jun 11, 2007
I mean the main point of the post was more so on criticizing Ken Holland and the rest of the management members being dumb enough to think Broberg would be as good as Chychrun. :huh::huh::huh:

Did you not see the whole discussion with @Cloned or simply just responding to one post?
He's a rookie defensemen who's been playing both sides of the rink with multiple partners and limited minutes. It's been a shitshow. He will be a top 4 defender. Needs time and some f***ing structure. Woody and Charlie don't know their ass from a hole in the wall.

Reactions: Behind Enemy Lines

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
He's a rookie defensemen who's been playing both sides of the rink with multiple partners and limited minutes. It's been a shitshow. He will be a top 4 defender. Needs time and some f***ing structure. Woody and Charlie don't know their ass from a hole in the wall.

I don't really consider him as a rookie anymore when he's played 77 games. Other players ahead of him drafted wise have already progressed. He got heavily sheltered minutes and still managed to struggle while getting beaten by Desharnais makes me doubt he'll be anything near a top four d man. Him going down to play more minutes is good for his development and confidence, but I personally don't see the upside or the Chychrun 2.0 ceiling like members of the oilers management foolishly think. How other Dmen in the draft like York and Harley have managed to progress but Broberg continues to stagnant is frustrating to see.

Reactions: Duke74

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Has McDavid been “figured out”? I said it before the season started, I worried about his last quarter stretch of games last year. That shot that he was using to shoot through defenders and score was being closed off. Sportsnet ran a segment on how to stop McDavid, and it was noted he’s scoring a bunch of goals by just rushing and stopping short and shooting through defenders. I swear ever since that segment aired, that type of goal for McDavid happened much much less frequently.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad