Post-Game Talk: Nashville @ Toronto | The "WHO IS STILL ABLE TO PLAY" Edition || 7:30PM TSN4

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
And didn't he get paired with the disaster that is Marincin last night? (didn't get to see the game, only saw that was the lineup projection before the game)

He played with Marincin and since Hunwick has gotten hurt.....Marincin has looked good with Rielly. He also seen minutes with Frankie as well.

teeder333*

Oct 22, 2014
I like Leivo's game though . Its good news to hear that he has so much more upside to be had.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010

Something is wrong with Babcock, he didn't put Greening on the 2nd line and didn't put Leivo on the 4th

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Lou called him and told him "no one is taking greening". So he finally relented and put him on the 4th line.

He calls out Leivo for perhaps not being 100% ready for the NHL with a lot of work needed off the ice, and then promotes him the very next day from the 4th line to the 2nd line.

:laugh:

I like Babs but he's definitely not proned to head scratchers.

Guy Boucher

Oct 22, 2008
He calls out Leivo for perhaps not being 100% ready for the NHL with a lot of work needed off the ice, and then promotes him the very next day from the 4th line to the 2nd line.

:laugh:

I like Babs but he's definitely not proned to head scratchers.

It actually makes sense to me. No other coach would give guys extra ice-time who were mediocre/terrible in hopes they get traded (Greening/Clune/Arcobello, etc). But most coaches also don't have a full decade of job security.

Also I didn't hear the Leivo bit as "he's not NHL ready" but more like "he's not going to reach his potential unless he does this".

Babcock won't say that about most veterans because their time is basically up anyways.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
And that would make a difference?

Greening should be on the 4th line, Leivo should be on the 2nd. But Babcock has been doing the exact opposite for the duration of their time with the Leafs this year. That's the point, it was a sarcastic something is wrong. He finally doing what should have been doing with Greening ever since he was acquired, he should not have been taking a top 6 spot away from Leivo(or Leipsic for that 1 game)

teeder333*

Oct 22, 2014
Wow, Leipsec battling for two years to get called up and is now on the first line. Heck I don't think he ever got on the Marlies first line did he?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad