Confirmed with Link: Nashville to host 2023 NHL Awards and NHL Draft

MrJoshua

Mar 24, 2010
Decatur, AL
Am I reading the dates right that this is happening on a Monday, Wednesday, Thursday? I thought the draft was normally a weekend.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Am I reading the dates right that this is happening on a Monday, Wednesday, Thursday? I thought the draft was normally a weekend.
The NHL still somehow imagines they can get more casual/non-fans to watch it on TV if they aren’t going head-to-head with whatever else people watch instead on other nights. :rolleyes:

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
NBA and NFL both have their draft on Thursday night. I'm guessing these pro sports all know something because none of them do this on a weekend.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
The NHL still somehow imagines they can get more casual/non-fans to watch it on TV if they aren’t going head-to-head with whatever else people watch instead on other nights. :rolleyes:

This being on a weeknight is a HUGE bummer for us out of town folks. Was looking forward to coming to some of it, but now it probably will not happen- oh well.

And as far as the TV ratings go, I get what the NHL is trying for here, but when it comes to the NHL draft, the only people watching it are die hard hockey fans like us. You can probably count on two hands the number of casual/non fans who just stumble on to the draft and actually watch- lol

Reactions: Porter Stoutheart

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
This being on a weeknight is a HUGE bummer for us out of town folks. Was looking forward to coming to some of it, but now it probably will not happen- oh well.

And as far as the TV ratings go, I get what the NHL is trying for here, but when it comes to the NHL draft, the only people watching it are die hard hockey fans like us. You can probably count on two hands the number of casual/non fans who just stumble on to the draft and actually watch- lol
Exactly. Only the die-hards are into watching it on TV. The only place they are going to get the casual fans is LIVE in the host city by making it a big enough fun enough event for people to come out to.

Or I guess maybe they need to ponder their TV presentation somewhat. How long does that first round drag on? 3-4 hours? Who is watching 3+ hours of rambling discussion and interminable waits between picks? Again, only us die-hard fans. Maybe if you could streamline that process into a slicker 1-hr production you'd catch a little more of the casual fan attention span. :dunno:

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
So if we host the jokes... I mean NHL awards, does this mean they cannot steal the Norris from Josi again and give it to Makar??
trouble.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad