Confirmed with Link: Nashville to host 2023 NHL Awards and NHL Draft

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
Wait, so this means we finish bottom-5 and win the lottery and get Bedard, right? That's part of the package?

Well, it will kind of suck to miss the playoffs this year, but I guess in the long run it will pay off. :dunno:

I was more thinking we have Forsberg win the Hart, Josi win the Norris, and Saros win the Vezina on route to our Cup win since we have the awards.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
I'm going to bet that THIS time it won't be free.

But if it's anything like the last one in Nashville it'll be fun. Maybe Poile is figuring out strategies for stockpiling picks for the first day as we speak.

Goalie Boy is a little too tall to be the "draft kid" this time.

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
Here is the pattern of Preds (most years)

Preds suck at the beginning of the year treating the 1st 25% of the year as extended camp. We go 'Weeee! #1 pick at the draft in Nashville!'

Team comes back and gets in playoff contention: We go 'OMG! Stanley Cup during awards season!'

After the season, no matter the result: 'OMG party on Broadway!'

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
I missed that the awards will be given out, that's something new!

Also it's probably a good thing we can't lose the game that night with our record.

Marty Party

Back @ The Bridge
Mar 2, 2012
Nashville
ace.mu.nu
A lot going on that month with the CMA's, this event and July 4th right after.

Wouldn't surprise me if they blocked off a section of Broadway with a stage. Should be an entertaining draft both inside and out.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
I'm guessing the event has already reserved the entire Hilton because it didnt even show up as an option when I searched this morning. The Doubletree had rooms but that was about it downtown

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Not when you have a daughter working for Hilton.
Those benefits are VERY nice. My former assistant worked at Hilton and would fix me up with all sorts of travel perks.

I'm guessing the event has already reserved the entire Hilton because it didnt even show up as an option when I searched this morning. The Doubletree had rooms but that was about it downtown
Looks like you're gonna need to get a room in Donelson/Hermitage and ride with your friend Adzy.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Summer in Nashville. Heat will destroy me. Humidity will destroy me. That being said, 'Roadie Viqsi?'
Mmmmmmaybe might have to make some plans along those lines... :D

That said, we might have to pick a hotel well on the outskirts. And the last report we heard about the usual place in Columbia did not sound good... but I figure we can manage it.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Those benefits are VERY nice. My former assistant worked at Hilton and would fix me up with all sorts of travel perks.

Looks like you're gonna need to get a room in Donelson/Hermitage and ride with your friend Adzy.
Appreciate the offer but I was just curious, we wont be able to attend.

Will bring back some memories though because the 2003 draft is where I first met some of the board folk in person.

Reactions: Adz

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
Mmmmmmaybe might have to make some plans along those lines... :D

That said, we might have to pick a hotel well on the outskirts. And the last report we heard about the usual place in Columbia did not sound good... but I figure we can manage it.
We are not limited to TN. KY too

Reactions: Viqsi

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I'd look in Murfreesboro. There is a slew of fairly new hotels just off Medical Center Parkway which have very easy access to I-24. Also tons of restaurants and shopping nearby as well if that's your thing.

Reactions: ShagDaddy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad