Nashville Predators Ticket Thread

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Everything else in Nashville is skyrocketing in price. Why would sports be any different?

I don't like it either but I don't see it going away.

Marty Party

Back @ The Bridge
Mar 2, 2012
Nashville
ace.mu.nu
I understand increases but the rates they're asking are above and beyond everyday fan budgets. IMO.

I have this season already at the old PP but will check pricing next season and see what happens.

It sucks that you develop relationships with the regulars in your section and watch them get priced out one by one. Before too long you're surrounded by one period watchers preoccupied with talking as if they're at a restaurant.

I'm going outside to yell at clouds now.

Reactions: Armourboy

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Everything else in Nashville is skyrocketing in price. Why would sports be any different?

I don't like it either but I don't see it going away.
Problem is alot of their fan base originally was not based in Nashville so the cost of tickets isn't the only thing that goes into it. When I got out of it it wasn't really the cost of tickets it was the cost of getting there, the parking, and then needing to get dinner on the way or at the game because we didn't have another option.

Yeah great if they sell the tickets but you are going to end up with and entirely different atmosphere than what you built your franchise on.

And yeah there is definitely some bitterness from long time fans that can no longer afford it.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Yeah originally we had a mostly fan driven ticket base. It was like way higher than most teams like 60% fan driven. Now, I’d guess we’re 80% corporate

Yep exactly. The shift has already happened. I don't know if it's that high of a % corporate but it's definitely a different dynamic in the arena.

The other factor in the teams favor is that Nashville has boomed as a tourist destination over the last decade plus. This is definitely the kind of place that can be buffered to some degree by out of towners even if locals stop going because of poor performance.

I really think it would take a number of years of terrible play for anything to really move the needle in our favor in terms of pricing at this point.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
A good recession could do it too. Companies start cutting back, individuals and companies start cutting down on travel, and things like corporate sponsorships.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Renewals going around. I went ahead and renewed my 3 year. Locking in with max 4% yearly increase is just tough to pass up when the basis is still pre-scf and it looks like we’ll still be competitive for at least a couple of seasons.

Marty Party

Back @ The Bridge
Mar 2, 2012
Nashville
ace.mu.nu
It looks like anyone who re-ups season by season is subject to an open increase rate from the previous season. I could be wrong though.

Parking info should be coming out soon. Hopefully the rates will stay flat as you're already looking at $400+ if on a full season plan. Personally, I don't like looking for spots on game nights nor do I want to walk over the bridge in the dead of winter.

blue heaven

Dec 11, 2007
Can someone explain to me the Gold Game nonsense? I "think" I bought tixs through the Ticketmaster Ticketexchange for a Gold Game but since I am out of the Nashville TV Market will the tickets end up being cancelled on me? The disclaimer on Ticketmaster says that ticket resale and transfers will be disabled, so how would it be possible to buy a verified resale ticket if it was supposed to be disabled, and also why are their so many tickets on Stubhub if its all supposed to be disabled? Unfortunately I booked my flights/hotel down to Nashville immediately when the schedule came out, and had no idea about the Gold Game rules. I am taking my 10 year old for our first father/daughter road trip and would really suck to disappoint a 10 year old for silly ticket rules.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
I think they removed the Gold Game restrictions for resales via Ticketmaster. The transfer option is what is disabled meaning you can't use other resale avenues such as Stubhub.

Reactions: Marty Party

ILikeItILoveIt

Apr 2, 2010
Does anyone know anyone who signed up for a 3 year renewal, and then after 1 year, backed out? I'm a Season One Dude, and have been carrying 6 tickets for the last decade. My extended family is having kids and can't juggle it all to go to all the games, so I sell tickets a lot. It worked very well thru 2019. Since then, the combo of the pandemic and the SCF's wearing off led to deep discounts in selling tickets last year. I'm up for the 3-year renewal. Based on muscle memory, I'd normally just sign up, but I'm up to over $16K per year for the regular season. Going to be retiring in a few years and trying to decide whether to commit all those tickets for 3 more years. Anybody know the rules on penalties if you bow out, and more importantly, how have the Preds actually enforced their rules?

Marty Party

Back @ The Bridge
Mar 2, 2012
Nashville
ace.mu.nu
The renewal's keep you at that 4% cap per season increase, otherwise you may have to pay much greater than 4% if renewing season by season.

raw.png

And as that chart says, it's per ticket if you back out prior to your three year commitment is over. I pulled this chart from the Preds website in the STH sign up section.

2022-23 Season Ticket Citizen Benefits

Last edited:
Reactions: LCPreds

Marty Party

Back @ The Bridge
Mar 2, 2012
Nashville
ace.mu.nu
Can someone explain to me the Gold Game nonsense? I "think" I bought tixs through the Ticketmaster Ticketexchange for a Gold Game but since I am out of the Nashville TV Market will the tickets end up being cancelled on me? The disclaimer on Ticketmaster says that ticket resale and transfers will be disabled, so how would it be possible to buy a verified resale ticket if it was supposed to be disabled, and also why are their so many tickets on Stubhub if its all supposed to be disabled? Unfortunately I booked my flights/hotel down to Nashville immediately when the schedule came out, and had no idea about the Gold Game rules. I am taking my 10 year old for our first father/daughter road trip and would really suck to disappoint a 10 year old for silly ticket rules.

Do you have/see the tickets in your TM NHL app/account? If so, you're good. I'm basing this on that you thought you purchased the tickets already.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
The renewal's keep you at that 4% cap per season increase, otherwise you may have to pay much greater than 4% if renewing season by season.

View attachment 583982

And as that chart says, it's per ticket if you back out prior to your three year commitment is over. I pulled this chart from the Preds website in the STH sign up section.

2022-23 Season Ticket Citizen Benefits

The only thing that’s unclear to me is what would happen if you cancel in between seasons. I suppose there is a game one could play with this if still locked in to the same degree at that point. If you’re looking to hold pricing then do the 3 year renewal. Then if after a season (or 2) you want to cancel, just make sure you change seat locations to the cheapest available section for the upcoming season. Then cancel.

ILikeItILoveIt

Apr 2, 2010
Does anyone know anyone who's actually cancelled after 1 year, and paid the cancellation fee? I'm just wondering how stringently they enforce the cancellation fee.

Marty Party

Back @ The Bridge
Mar 2, 2012
Nashville
ace.mu.nu
I'm assuming that once you agree to the term, you're locked in regardless if you paid for the seasons yet. Once you cancel, for any reason or at any time during the three seasons, they'll deduct the cancellation fee from your payment method on file. (credit/debit card or ACH account).

I know that when we agree to be STH's, we also have to agree to their terms and conditions. We're bound by that and those terms are updated annually on July 1st, ending on June 30th.

Changing seat locations during your term would probably have to be done during the open house sessions? At that time, you'd probably be informed of the updated cancellation fees to that specific seat(s) and section and sign off of those before they set you up in the new location.

"Yeah, I'm moving from Premium Center Ice to the Upper Goal Zone. I got lost one intermission and that section spoke to me."

Last edited:

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
I changed my seats during the open house session one year--pretty sure it was mid contract. Son was in college and funds were tight so I went from 104D to 315--either top or second to top row. They just adjusted my price point down and redivided it, but this was probably 2010 or so. So I don't know if the lack of a penalty was because 1)they were trying to keep people in the building or 2) I wasn't giving up my season tickets, just the location--this may still make a difference in how it's reconciled.

After he graduated I moved to Club level which I really like.

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
Last year they let a friend who had full season in club switch to a quarter season and change seat location from club to top of the 300s. That was cheaper than the penalty and he still had some tickets.

Reactions: LCPreds

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Last year they let a friend who had full season in club switch to a quarter season and change seat location from club to top of the 300s. That was cheaper than the penalty and he still had some tickets.

Good point. I'm not sure how they deal with the seat location penalty unless you just completely cancel while actually having tickets in that section. Seems like they just want to keep you on the books for the requisite amount of time in some form or fashion.

After he graduated I moved to Club level which I really like.

Decided to move down to lower bowl from club one year. Big mistake. We lucked up in getting our perfect seats in club level last offseason and I'll never give them up!

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
With the way things have been for the last several years I imagine they are probably willing to work with people just to keep some seats sold. Eventually inflation and the economy is going to see businesses as well as individuals start pulling back on things where they can.

cwlanders

Jun 7, 2021
Does anyone know anyone who signed up for a 3 year renewal, and then after 1 year, backed out? I'm a Season One Dude, and have been carrying 6 tickets for the last decade. My extended family is having kids and can't juggle it all to go to all the games, so I sell tickets a lot. It worked very well thru 2019. Since then, the combo of the pandemic and the SCF's wearing off led to deep discounts in selling tickets last year. I'm up for the 3-year renewal. Based on muscle memory, I'd normally just sign up, but I'm up to over $16K per year for the regular season. Going to be retiring in a few years and trying to decide whether to commit all those tickets for 3 more years. Anybody know the rules on penalties if you bow out, and more importantly, how have the Preds actually enforced their rules?
As part of my 3 year renewal, starting with this season, my ticket rep put in writing that if at any point during the 3 years I decide to terminate the contract, my cancellation fee will be waived. I just told them I wasn't comfortable renewing without that assurance and couldn't do it otherwise and he just offered to waive it before I even asked.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad