Nashville Predators player ratings in EAs NHL 15

BarneyCalhoun

Apr 15, 2013
I like everything about that except Doc being in it.

I agree. His voice has to be the most annoying in pro sports. I don't doubt how knowledgable he is, but I just can't stand listening to it.

Also, EA could not have done the 2 seconds of research to come to the understanding that the fans wear GOLD? Idiots. **** you EA.

The presentation does look pretty cool. However the animations still looks awkward and choppy.

Predsboro

Feb 29, 2008
What are you guys running for forward lines? Default starts Simon Moser? Seriously? With Roy and Ribs scratched? Interesting ...

RCola88

Jun 4, 2013
Nashville, TN
What are you guys running for forward lines? Default starts Simon Moser? Seriously? With Roy and Ribs scratched? Interesting ...

Wilson - Ribeiro - Neal
Roy - Fisher (still in) - Smith
Jokinen - Cullen - Stalberg
Bourque - Goose - Nystrom

Just started doing this, and I have won like 9 straight or something. Could be good luck or the lineup, but it is a great combination of speed and skill. The Preds kick ass in NHL 15, amazing forward depth

Also to note, I play on the Xbox One so its a much much different play style

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009

You can pick up Fiala off of his SHL team if you want ;)

My line up doesn't even have Ribs or Roy. I guess I should update that.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
360 version here.

Think the gameplay is actually better than last year with some puck and body physics adjustments, though the AI is still stupidly overwhelming at times. Think with some patches/tuning it will wind up one of the better offerings of the last few years.

The commentary, however, is AWFUL and makes me want to write to EA to ask for a refund. Doc sounds like he was just sight reading his script and they said "yup, ok, that's a wrap." It's like the sound editors suddenly forgot how to string lines together to make commentary sound remotely natural. Just completely jarring and detracts from the game. Can't say if it's any better on next gen, but I'd be surprised if they recorded two sets of commentary.

NSHPreds1835

Glads/Preds
May 24, 2011
Monroe GA
There's no way you can do "adequate" commentary in a video game. It's never going to sound completely natural.

Agreed. Doc's normal enthusiasm wasn't really there when I played the demo and it's understandable. I imagine it's hard to get excited for something that's not really happening.

FFWRX

Unregistered User
Feb 12, 2007
Greenbrier, TN
I usually mute the commentary after I hear the same lines about 30 times. I have it for PS3, and it is huge improvement over 13. I skipped a year.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
I usually mute the commentary after I hear the same lines about 30 times. I have it for PS3, and it is huge improvement over 13. I skipped a year.

"looky heeere" :laugh:

I also have the ps3 version. The graphics and overall gameplay is fine and dandy. It still suffers from usual symptoms of the nhl series however. That said, I'm enjoying the be a pro and online team play a fair bit.

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
My biggest complaint up until a week or so ago was the fighting. At first I loved it, but then I started losing fights just because guys would pull me to the ice and land on me. Finally, I looked at all of the controls and stopped treating it like the fights from NHL 13 when I could just throw punches until I won. Now, I'm cool with that, too.

Otherwise, I have fun playing it. That's all I care about since I'm not really a gamer. Typically I only fire the PS3 up when a friend of mine is over, and we sit around having a few beers and kicking *****.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
There's no way you can do "adequate" commentary in a video game. It's never going to sound completely natural.

Of course, but it is a very noticeable downgrade from even what they've done in the past (as repetitive as that may have been), as well as in comparison to the work done on games like FIFA, Madden, and the 2k basketball series. I'm chalking it up to first year with a new crew and that crew being fresh to video game work, but it is flat out atrocious.

Gh24

Feb 12, 2014
I got tired of hearing "lightning like glove" after 3 games.

Don't want to turn this into another ranting posts, so to slightly stick to the topic; Trade values are f'd up for other players aswell.

I'm not sure, but I think it was Fisher who I traded straight to Datsyuk one season before he retired. Still overall 93...

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00