GDT: Nashville Predators @ Phoenix Coyotes

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville
We score 0 goals and people are blaming Rinne :laugh:

Rinne is the Predator I'm least worried about

I am in no way blaming Rinne. I am saying that I think the system makes him look better than he is, so if we can trade him for a scorer+young goalie, lose a few more this year, and draft higher, I think the system can cover a lot of the downgrade in net.

I love Rinne and think he's fantastic, but I do think the system helps.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
When did I claim a player was available right now? You gotta jump on a trade when players DO come available. Don't wait until January to improve your club. It has nothing to do with assets we have or don't have. It's about stepping up and making something happen.

You claimed we can't trade for anyone because we would have to give up our best guys. That is simply not the case.

Even in the off season you are not going to get a impact player offering pieces like Smith, Bourke, Wilson, Yip, Blum, Ellis, Spaling, Halischuk, Koystin, Erat, legwand, ect ect. Even with a coulpe of these and a 1st round pick.

UFA's are not going to be giddy about coming to this market even if you pay them. They can get the same amount of money in the large markets and not have near the pressure on them to preform.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
my guess for attendance 7,856... actual attendance 8,581.. only 725.. not bad. highlight of my night!

Nashvols

Jun 8, 2011
Nashville
never that bad....

and why are pete and terry praising rinne all broadcast? i thought he kinda sucked..

Good shots by Phoenix. Bad defensive breakdowns by the Preds. A big goose egg in terms of goal support.

He actually did have some good saves. He wasn't perfect...but damn, the team really **** the bed tonight. He's damn close to the bottom of the list of people I blame for tonight's loss.

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN
I think Aliens came in and have taken over our preds,This is not the same team we saw last season

No, this is the same team as last year but without Suter and AK and Rads.

Our biggest problem right now is breaking out of our own zone and connecting on passes. Josi has done better than expected in his new found responsibilities, but he can't carry Suter's load AND his own load from last year.

Up front we have a group of forwards who aren't really physical and no one with game breaking talent.

EDIT: Correction, Clune is but he ends up in the box for more than half his ice time.

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
We score 0 goals and people are blaming Rinne :laugh:

Rinne is the Predator I'm least worried about

You don't think he's even been a little shaky? I mean it's possible it's rust, but he's been putting up bad numbers in the KHL all year, then comes home and hasn't been himself. I'm worried about Rinne the most. He just signed a great contract and we've barely even seen flashes of last year's brilliance.

I know only 6 games or whatever. I'm totally getting ahead of myself.

Almost everybody isn't playing our game, not just blaming Rinne.

Nashvols

Jun 8, 2011
Nashville
Even in the off season you are not going to get a impact player offering pieces like Smith, Bourke, Wilson, Yip, Blum, Ellis, Spaling, Halischuk, Koystin, Erat, legwand, ect ect. Even with a coulpe of these and a 1st round pick.

UFA's are not going to be giddy about coming to this market even if you pay them. They can get the same amount of money in the large markets and not have near the pressure on them to preform.

:huh:

StarvinArvyn33

Jun 18, 2010
Yesterday
At least wilson continued to look good.

We played like complete **** and 100% didnt deserve a win.

Id for sure start mason next game and give Rinne some extra practice.

If Poile can't see we need help on offense then I dont know what will. Hornqvist or not, there is no excuse for the way this season has begun.

Nashvols

Jun 8, 2011
Nashville
Almost everybody isn't playing our game, not just blaming Rinne.

I think that's the thing. A few guys are showing up here or there...but there has largely been lackluster effort across the board. Lackluster effort, or just a complete lack of sense. Take your pick. We're just not playing smart hockey.

Makes me wonder if the boys enjoyed their extended vacation a little too much.

Fortheloveofthegame

Mar 18, 2008
USA
No, this is the same team as last year but without Suter and AK and Rads.

Our biggest problem right now is breaking out of our own zone and connecting on passes. Josi has done better than expected in his new found responsibilities, but he can't carry Suter's load AND his own load from last year.

Up front we have a group of forwards who aren't really physical and no one with game breaking talent.

EDIT: Correction, Clune is but he ends up in the box for more than half his ice time.

you did not pick up AK and RADS till the end of the season and at that point you were a winning record and 1st or 2nd in conference....that is NOT the difference

Paranoid Android

mug mug mug
Sep 17, 2006

Did you not read the players I just listed?

Kessel - all draft picks
Horton - Overpaid 2nd pairing dman and draft picks
Nash - 2 2nd liners, D prospect, draft pick (yes I know Nash wouldn't waive for Nashville)

These are just off the top of my head. There are many many more.

So yes, you can get an impact player with the pieces we have. You have to be willing to take the risk though.

INDhockeyfan

Apr 6, 2012
The preds have a lot of streaky players and they are all on cold streaks at the same time. We can talk about trades and free agents but it isn't happening right now in the 6th game of the season. Trotz has to do something with the team he's got. Try every forward combo there is. Call someone up to try to get some new energy. Play Blum as who knows maybe he can do something. Hell play McGrattan as maybe a good fight can give the team some energy as Clune's fights haven't.

Nashvols

Jun 8, 2011
Nashville
So I guess you think Nash is under a bunch of pressure to score 30 in NY. I contend he was in a heel of alot more pressure situation in Columbus because he was about all they had. And it would be the same situation here.

Right. Zero pressure on guys playing in a fishbowl.

hockey diva

RIP Pred303
Sponsor
May 17, 2010
Beleriand
There is pressure but there are perks too. Endorsement money for one. Not to mention being treated like a god. Brights lights and the big city/ rabid hockey market do matter to these guys.

roseyc

Mar 23, 2010
Poile and Trotz thinks that if they defend well enough they can win 1-0 games all season long. Smith is going to get the blame for not playing defense like Wilson did before him. There isn't enough offensive talent on this club to contend. Sk and Fisher and Legwand are all playing lost. Then you can throw a rope around Spauling and Gausted and Yip and Halischuk and Clune. All of them couldn't score if they had an open net. All of the focus is on the defense with Josi taking Suter's place and Hannan taking the Cube's place and Ellis and Gill. The defense hasn't look great but that's not the reason we are like we are. Rinne hasn't look great either. But they both have to be perfect if you can't put the puck in the net. They've already got a exuse written for the season already I can hear it now. Suter left and Rinne wasn't as good and Hornqvist got hurt. This goes back to the offseason when no offense was brought in. Poile must have thought that I did my part when Radulov and Ak didn't work out then offense is not what we need. Wake up and smell the coffee. Maybe the players have finally tuned out Trotz and he can't do what he did. But Poile will never replace Trotz. What is it going to take to wake this team up?

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
Did you not read the players I just listed?

Kessel - all draft picks
Horton - Overpaid 2nd pairing dman and draft picks
Nash - 2 2nd liners, D prospect, draft pick (yes I know Nash wouldn't waive for Nashville)

These are just off the top of my head. There are many many more.

So yes, you can get an impact player with the pieces we have. You have to be willing to take the risk though.

You really think Kessel a muliti year 30 goal scorer can be brought to nashville for a handfull of picks. Horton is not even close to the impact type player I would be looking for.

Paranoid Android

mug mug mug
Sep 17, 2006
you did not pick up AK and RADS till the end of the season and at that point you were a winning record and 1st or 2nd in conference....that is NOT the difference

Agreed, not to mention we were a better team before the trade deadline than we were after. Only difference is Suter and Tootoo, but with an upgraded 4th line center. There is something else wrong with this bunch other than the roster.

Paranoid Android

mug mug mug
Sep 17, 2006
You really think Kessel a muliti year 30 goal scorer can be brought to nashville for a handfull of picks. Horton is not even close to the impact type player I would be looking for.

These were all examples of trades that already happened. They are not proposals.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011

horton is a damn good PWF.. and would be our best forward with erat. you must not have seen his highlight against carolina today. also, i think he was saying thats what it took to get those guys. we had a deal boston accepted supposedly for kessel. jonathan blum, 1st round pick, and 2nd round pick

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
horton is a damn good PWF.. and would be our best forward with erat. you must not have seen his highlight against carolina today. also, i think he was saying thats what it took to get those guys. we had a deal boston accepted supposedly for kessel. jonathan blum, 1st round pick, and 2nd round pick

Where did I say he was not a good player. I said he would not be the player I was looking for. I liked Horton in Florida since then not soooo much. What we need is a Kessel type player with someone to put on a line with him that will not castrat him. Wilson is the closest player we have that can pass a puck to make a Kessel successful.

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN

Though it's already been said that these were trades that already happened. We need to trade for an up and coming 30 goal scorer. Someone who's obviously going to be great for a long time but isn't yet so he doesn't cost as much. Evander Kane or even Burmistrov from Winnipeg for example? Maybe someone less proven then them?

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
Where did I say he was not a good player. I said he would not be the player I was looking for. I liked Horton in Florida since then not soooo much. What we need is a Kessel type player with someone to put on a line with him that will not castrat him. Wilson is the closest player we have that can pass a puck to make a Kessel successful.
horton isnt a gamebreaker like kessel, agreed... but when your where we are, any help is better than nothing. horton is a good player to boot with toughness. i don't know.. i think we will find out quick what poile's plan. we have a horrid schedule coming up.. may become sellers quicker than we think

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad