Post-Game Talk: Nashville Predators (40-13-7 87 Pts) at Buffalo Sabres (17-38-5 39 Pts) - WIN!

Status
Not open for further replies.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Forsberg with 12 shots. Holy ****.

How about we ***** & moan a bit more? Good Lord..we played fine. Their goalie was hot. We're the first team in the league to get 40 wins but you couldn't tell it by reading this garbage.

I agree with you 100%. As always, an incredible amount of overreacting- but its not just on this board- its any message board now days- it is just the way the world is.

Your favorite team pretty much has to play great every single game to be spared the wrath of the mighty message board warriors.

Bottom line- we played horribly in NY and Philly, but we played fine tonight- and I will keep saying this till I am blue in the face, but we have had fewer bad games than just about any team in the league. If this is our slump I will take it because we are 1-1-1 during it and have actually INCREASED our division lead.

And no matter how awful Buffalo is, there is no such thing as a guaranteed W- just look at Buffalo's schedule- they have several wins over elite teams. And if you want to try and find a positive spin, its the fact that we again showed some resiliency- down 1-0 against a team they were probably embarrassed to be losing to and the time running out, we still found a way to gut out a W.

Relax and take a breath- we are now 7 points up on STL and 12 on CHI- and oh by the way are the first team to 40 wins- we are 40-13-7 for crying out loud...

And just for the record, I am not saying for one second you shouldn't be disappointed in the last 3 games- just have a little perspective, that's all....

Also, Carter Hutton- 4-0-0 .941 1.45 in his last 4 starts....

RomanEmpire

Feb 26, 2013
Nashville, TN
I agree with you 100%. As always, an incredible amount of overreacting- but its not just on this board- its any message board now days- it is just the way the world is.

Your favorite team pretty much has to play great every single game to be spared the wrath of the mighty message board warriors.

Bottom line- we played horribly in NY and Philly, but we played fine tonight- and I will keep saying this till I am blue in the face, but we have had fewer bad games than just about any team in the league. If this is our slump I will take it because we are 1-1-1 during it and have actually INCREASED our division lead.

And no matter how awful Buffalo is, there is no such thing as a guaranteed W- just look at Buffalo's schedule- they have several wins over elite teams. And if you want to try and find a positive spin, its the fact that we again showed some resiliency- down 1-0 against a team they were probably embarrassed to be losing to and the time running out, we still found a way to gut out a W.

Relax and take a breath- we are now 7 points up on STL and 12 on CHI- and oh by the way are the first team to 40 wins- we are 40-13-7 for crying out loud...

And just for the record, I am not saying for one second you shouldn't be disappointed in the last 3 games- just have a little perspective, that's all....

*drops mic*

PeterLax

Aug 23, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Great game to be at, quite exciting even if it didn't go like I had hoped, perhaps too close to call.

Lots of gold and navy, or at least more than the typical Buffalo. Actually had two Tennesseans in front of me, great atmosphere for the Preds in the barn tonight.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN

Exactly. Win 6 in a row then split points in the next 3 on the road and the sky is falling.

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
BFC's horrible, no good, bad game experience.

First off, OW.

Secondly. I made the trip to Buffalo from my tundra estate in south central NY with the hope of watching a great game and relaxing my cabin fever. You see, where I am. I have icicles that go from the roof to the frozen snow covered ground. My rage towards winter is causing facial twitches.

After a rather pleasant 2 hr drive to Buffalo. I got free parking! FREE! That's when it fell off a cliff. I walked around the First Niagara Center and explored the new Harbourcenter. Lovely attachment to the FN center. Multiple rinks, restaurant bar, Tim's. I watched a little girl's hockey. Not bad. The building is something I wish the Preds could do to the old convention center. Only thing I had to do was walk the half a mile to the public library. It's a half a mile, no problem. But this is Buffalo.... In the winter. The first problem is me. I don't really have ankles per se but fused rocks. My genetic weakness. But when cold and wet they caused numbness and pain. A sensation which can be caused when you step into a slush puddle because the constant lake effect snow. Hobbling to the library, I walked between the Cleveland like city canyons. With a 40 MPH gust cutting through me like a scalpel. I gleefully enter the library and warm my frozen bones in front of the public computers and paid my fee for the printings.

Walking back to the arena, downhill, sliding almost a block at a time because constant lake effect snow is impossible to defeat, I ate lunch at the 716 restaurant and then desert at Tim's. Now this Tim's is special. This Tim's is dedicated to former Buffalo Sabres' defenseman, Tim Horton. So, this is Tim Horton's Tim Horton. One, Hot chocolate and a box of assorted Timbit's later I went back to my car where I slipped on my Preds colors and walked around the arena. Lot's of Preds fans 80% Canadian, a pair of PA residents who were stalking Shea Weber, and me. Funny story, I saw a group of Preds jersey clad fans who were fiddling with their Tim's cups. I walked over thinking they were TNeseans trying to figure out roll up the rim, but they were Canadians who did it already. As for all the Canadians rooting for the Preds? 'I got sick of the Leafs losing and I wanted to root for a winner.'

Game time. Buffalo has a classy game time presentation. Modern but with an aire of original 6. I sat down and watched....and that glee of the game turned into horror. The team looked like ****. Not just a regular triangular pile of fresh doo-doo, steaming with the body heat of a doberman, but a pile that was run over by a car. The team looked tired. I mean like the team was bag skated an hour before the game tired. Especially the forwards. Let's face it, the game was a late end of a back to back. The body language was telling. Players weren't hopping over the boards to change shifts, they had a look on their face of 'Really? Do I have to coach?' This team looked like they needed a week off and a couple of practice sessions. The Preds took a lot of shots....none of which looked like quality shots. I couldn't take any more. I walked out at the 8 minute mark.

Am I a bad fan? Yup. The game had the stink of a loss and I hate losing. I get into the car and was directed all over the place away from the highway I wanted to go to. After a half an hour of redirection and listening to Rick Jennerette scream about Ribeiro scoring...****! I watched as the roads began to glisten, then start to pile snow. ****! I worked around to find a hotel. My cell phone was down to 3% and I need to make my own pile. Get my hotel room, I run to my room.....only to slip and fall on my face. Luckily I managed to keep my tighty whities white while bruising my quads. I'll go into further detail after a night's rest and recovery.

WartracePred

Sep 29, 2009
I think the hit on Wilson and an angry Wilson and team is what happen and was the turning point.

Angry Wilson was as scary as Angry Weber. Geez, never seen Willy lose it. He almost body slammed the guy into the boards. He probably surprised himself.

twig

Dec 8, 2013
3 of 6 possible points.
Take it and run fast back to the
friendly confines of the bridge.

moomoosoup

Oct 8, 2014
Just reading through the thread and jeez y'all are negative people @_@

That being said, surprised to see so many other Preds fans in Buffalo since I've never personally met any and have lived here all my life.

TopPred

Nov 21, 2013
Buffalo was down 4 d-men tonight. I wouldn't get to excited about the Preds breakout party on offense today. A win is a win though. How about Carter Hutton?? Nice to see!

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
Buffalo was down 4 d-men tonight. I wouldn't get to excited about the Preds breakout party on offense today.A win is a win though. How about Carter Hutton?? Nice to see!

Boxscore indicates otherwise. One had 10 minutes of ice time and tonight was his first game of the season. A 2nd had almost 17 minutes of TOI and the other 4 were all 20+ minutes. Just looks like they spread time around more due to our crazy number of PP's.

To note about the PP's, we were on the PP for 12+ minutes tonight.

Last edited:

moomoosoup

Oct 8, 2014
Boxscore indicates otherwise. One had 10 minutes of ice time and tonight was his first game of the season. A 2nd had almost 17 minutes of TOI and the other 4 were all 20+ minutes. Just looks like they spread time around more due to our crazy number of PP's.

To note about the PP's, we were on the PP for 12+ minutes tonight.

He meant Weber, Gorges, and Strachan are injured, and Zadorov is in team suspended. That being said, Pysyk is probably better than Strachan and Zadorov and maybe Weber.

jstreet

LETS GO PREDS
Jan 15, 2004
FL via Nashville
www.twitter.com
The only reason that the whining can be downplayed as overreaction is because we won.

We had turnovers, gave up odd man rushes, lost puck battles, was knocked off the puck, went 1-7 on the pp, and barely squirted out a win against the worst team in the league. Our lone goal was a near fluke in the dying minutes of the game, a double deflection that landed on Ribs stick for the tap in.

So no, the sky is not falling. We got the win. Hutton stood tall when we needed him most. The pk was good.

But come on, you can't just turn a blind eye to these past few games. I think some rest and home arena cooking will help the team pick up the energy.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
Just caught the game, I mean I watched parts live on my phone earlier, just watch the replay on a normal screen. We dominated possession, and played better overall. Their goalie tracked the puck well and was on point all night. That's really about it

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
The only reason that the whining can be downplayed as overreaction is because we won.

We had turnovers, gave up odd man rushes, lost puck battles, was knocked off the puck, went 1-7 on the pp, and barely squirted out a win against the worst team in the league. Our lone goal was a near fluke in the dying minutes of the game, a double deflection that landed on Ribs stick for the tap in.

Some times the difference in being #1 in the league and #2 is winning some games and getting some breaks you probably didn't deserve. Really though we are getting pretty lucky atm, some of the other top teams aren't playing all that well right now either so its not costing us.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Exactly. Win 6 in a row then split points in the next 3 on the road and the sky is falling.

I think a lot of you saying things like this aren't understanding what people like me are upset about. The problem is we totally dominated and still almost lost. Buffalo was flat out awful and still almost managed to give them the game

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
I think a lot of you saying things like this aren't understanding what people like me are upset about. The problem is we totally dominated and still almost lost. Buffalo was flat out awful and still almost managed to give them the game

It wasn't by choice, their goalie had an outstanding game. He was his out at the top of his crease with good angles tracking the puck well, that makes him big in the net and scoring on a goalie like that is tough.

deanwormer

Nov 5, 2009
Nashville
Meh - hardly an inspired win, but we did what we needed to.

Hutton with a nice game - they didn't generate a whole ton of chances but they had 5 or 6 real good ones that he simply robbed them on.

We really don't look very good on the back-end of these back-to-backs.

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
87 points people, let that sink in for a moment. 87! Who before the season thought that was the total points for the season if everything fell right? No matter how they got them it's still February and this team is first in the league.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN

In an 82 game season this type of game will happen more than once. Sometimes you just have to look at these things from a neutral perspective and try to take the fan fueled emotion out of it.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
In an 82 game season this type of game will happen more than once. Sometimes you just have to look at these things from a neutral perspective and try to take the fan fueled emotion out of it.

Agreed. I understand everyone wants to see the best play every night, I do too, it's very fun to watch. It's just not going to happen though, I don't care how good the team is. The best teams in the league will have games they didn't deserve to win, they will have them where they got a ton of bounces, Refs helped them out or whatever. You aren't going to win every game 5-1 and look like Gods.

It was a classic trap game. 2nd game of a back to back on the road, against the worst team in the league. They had nothing emotionally invested in this game. You have new players learning the system and you have Lavi trying guys out with different combo's atm.

I suspect you will see better play this week just because we get back to playing divisional rivals.

jwhouk

Former Cheesehead, Always a Preds Fan
Apr 19, 2004
Valley of the Sun
jwhouk.net
This was a Van Halen game.

Always one more, you're never satisfied
Never for all with you, it's only one for me
So, why draw the line? Meet you half the way
When you don't know what that means

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
Here's the good news. We have been nearly flawless at home and we're headed back for 3 in a row. Hopefully, this will help the new guys gel before the home stretch and playoffs. Side note...at the end of this 3 game homer is the trade deadline. Time flies.

tampa pred

Jul 8, 2014
We dominated play, but weren't getting any puck luck. Their goalie stood on his head and almost stole a victory. Hutton played well in the limited chances that Buffalo had. In the end, we eked out 2 points.

The reason that it felt like a stinker, is because we lost the previous two games and were playing the worst team in the league. A loss would have been disastrous. I imagine that the guys felt the same way and may have been squeezing the sticks a little.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
The reason that it felt like a stinker, is because we lost the previous two games and were playing the worst team in the league. A loss would have been disastrous. I imagine that the guys felt the same way and may have been squeezing the sticks a little.

This definitely has a lot to do with it. I'm guilty of whining incessantly during the game but it was mostly compounded from the previous two losses + playing Buffalo. :laugh:

Anyway - glad to see we're heading back home - let's string some wins together and keep the march going!

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad