Post-Game Talk: Nashville Predators (40-13-7 87 Pts) at Buffalo Sabres (17-38-5 39 Pts) - WIN!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cashville

RIP Lindback
Apr 12, 2011
Denver
Drwpreds post at the top of this page is great; agree with everything. I think getting that goal from Ribs late in the 3rd and pulling out a W will do more for this team than coming out and crushing BUF 6-0. "Any given Sunday" is a football saying, but the same gist goes for hockey. Show up every night and want it.

Persona5

Apr 22, 2013
Nashville
The effort was there and that was the main thing I wanted to see. Forsberg is simply a beast. The kid is a one man show when he gets the puck and can stick handle/deke around anyone. When the game went to a shootout I just kept saying to myself "send Forsberg out there!". PL finally did and we win. Kid is something special.

Hutton really played a great game last night as well. With a lesser back-up in net we would have lost.

This team is so different when playing on the road. I think it has everything to do with match-ups and how PL is so good at getting perfect ones for his players that it really makes a huge difference. It really is going to metter having home ice in the playoffs. Hopefully we can hold onto this points lead and have home ice thorughout the playoffs. It would make a world of difference imo.

Buffalo Preds

Jun 18, 2013
Buffalo, NY
Just reading through the thread and jeez y'all are negative people @_@

That being said, surprised to see so many other Preds fans in Buffalo since I've never personally met any and have lived here all my life.

Team just looked tired. The shot quality was really poor, the passing was loose at times, and that little extra burst of energy that often leads to nice chances on rushes wasn't there.

Not an excuse -- they'll be a lot more tired than that if they get through the first round in the playoffs -- but maybe some managing of minutes and a few scratches to rest key players in the last few weeks might help. Need to pad that lead at the top of the west first, I suppose.

I moved to Buffalo from Nashville a few years ago, and have seen the team play up here before, but never with near as much support as last night. Lived on the east coast for the first six seasons, and I never saw more than a few people at Preds games at MSG, Uniondale, the Meadowlands, Philly, etc. No complaints about seeing a good deal of gold - our section in the 100s was about 1/4 Preds fans, and even heard a few TN accents.

One other comment: Forsberg's strength is really impressive. Not just a good puck handler, passer, and deceptive shooter, but several times fought off two or three Sabres to keep possession in neutral ice. Remarkable to see it up close.

Cashville

RIP Lindback
Apr 12, 2011
Denver
So we have bandwagoners? That just feels weird.

We're becoming the Blackhawks!

onoz_omg2-1.gif

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
I went to the game and the informal poll was this.

80% Canadians "Just wanted to root for a team that wins. Sick of the Leafs"

10% NYers

10% other

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
What's funny is that, when the Thrashers played the Sabres down here, Buffalo had the strongest presence of any away team at Philips. Pretty random.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Drake744 said:
So 80% of the crowd were rooting for us? Nice.

I think he meant 80% of the people rooting for the Preds were Canadians.

Yeah I was being sarcastic, but either way it's interesting to see random people cheering for us. Even if it's just because they're rooting for whoever plays Buffalo that night....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad