GDT: Nashville Predators (1) vs Arizona Coyotes (2) - Best of Five - 8/7/20 1:30 Central

Status
Not open for further replies.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
im pessimistic through and through
I'm not sure which direction "optimistic" is vs. "pessimistic". This team needs the retool and higher draft pick. But today I've got some pathetic fizzy vodka coolers going, so that helps me stay "optimistic" for a win, vs. the usual bourbon. I don't know what is a jinx and what isn't either. But I still think this is not a daunting opponent to come back and win against.

Reactions: NoNecksCurse

Jonesey

R.I.P. Steve AKA Pred303
Feb 17, 2009
Tennessee
John Hynes hockey mate. You guys deserve so much better than this. Like... I'm happy for AZ at the same time and then I'm watching the Preds just get owned and I'm like "How
does a team with Josi, Dutchy, Johansen etc" get owned like this?

Trust me, I was not a fan of the hire. I wanted badly for us to wait and hire Jim Montgomery.

You

Jul 1, 2010
All our our clearing attempts are absolutely mindless

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
The team suddenly has a huge jolt of energy.

I've noticed that, when they get a jolt of energy, they get sloppy and over-aggressive (i.e. turn the puck over and take penalties). It's as if they can't play high energy and disciplined at the same time. Of course, that's hard to do, but that's where I think that coaching comes in.

You

Jul 1, 2010
That really hammers home what a miracle the first goal was

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
side note. I've praised the arena setup because it looks so good on TV. I assume most players are professional and don't let it mess with them, but I feel like if I were there in person I'd feel unbalanced because one side of the area is end to end LED boards and the other side is dark.

JustaFinnishGuy

Joonas Donskoi avi but not a SEA fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 3, 2016
Finland
side note. I've praised the arena setup because it looks so good on TV. I assume most players are professional and don't let it mess with them, but I feel like if I were there in person I'd feel unbalanced because one side of the area is end to end LED boards and the other side is dark.
It's the same for both and the screens are high enough that I doubt it affects gameplay at all.
You'd have to want to look at the leds to notice them.

jumb0

Feb 3, 2017
Oof. Hope Arvy can shake that off and it's nothing serious

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005

I imagine that the players are used to unbalanced arenas because most practice rinks and lower-league arenas have bleachers on only one side. The NHL did put tarps all around the arenas, though, so at least that's uniform.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad