GDT: Nashville Predators (1) vs Arizona Coyotes (2) - Best of Five - 8/7/20 1:30 Central

Status
Not open for further replies.

korrowan

Sponsor
Feb 8, 2011
This team is trash. I would say snake bitten but it is clear they have no clue how to put the puck in the net.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Smith turned the puck over twice in the 10 seconds leading up to the goal. Ellis wasn't too hot, either, but I guess that you can't blame him for being surprised by his teammate's turnovers.

wadesworld

Jan 24, 2011
Nashville, TN
That's the one thing I don't like about Saros' game. He tends to duck at pucks near the head. (Yes, I realize it's a natural reaction, but he does seem to do it more than other goalies). He needs to improve on that if he ever wants to stay as a #1.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
Smith turned the puck over twice in the 10 seconds leading up to the goal.
Dude has always been bad in the playoffs.

granlund and smith leaving is addition by subtraction. trading duchene and/or turris is just clearing cap space. too much talent on this roster. poile gave way too much leeway for these guys.

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
I knew that would happen. We dominate the entire period, don't score and then let in a goal. Coyotes confidence is gonna go up in the second and they ultimately win. We've seen this before.

At least Hynes finally broke up that god awful 2nd line.

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
Preds put 2 rebounds wide of an empty net and Ellis hit 2 posts.

I've never seen a team with so much bad puck luck in my life. And not just for a game or 2, but in nearly their entire existence.
At a certain point, it’s not about luck anymore. There isn’t even a system problem, because were arguably seeing the same disappointments across three coaches and god knows how many rosters. This is a cultural problem. I’m apologizing for defending Poile at this point

Reactions: NoNecksCurse

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Dude has always been bad in the playoffs.

No kidding. I just looked up Smith's stats and he averages 1 goal per playoffs... and most of his playoff games were on the 2nd line and before he turned 30. He's useful in the regular season, but the team needs postseason performers more than regular season ones.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Some years Smith has sort of epitomized the Preds' thematically, in terms of hustling and getting some chances and just not having anything go in. I might be mixing up years now. But I thought I remembered him being a bright spot last year, despite not really producing anything.

Anyway, I think it's a reasonable time to move on. He's a decent player, but. We need to find some new looks.

JR303

Feb 28, 2008
This is bullshit. I knew when they scored those 2 in the last minute of game 2 we were toast.

I think Rinne should have been the starter all along.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
This is Predators hockey.

John Hynes hockey mate. You guys deserve so much better than this. Like... I'm happy for AZ at the same time and then I'm watching the Preds just get owned and I'm like "How
does a team with Josi, Dutchy, Johansen etc" get owned like this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad