GDT: Nashville@ Columbus 5/5/21 The Final Countdown Edition

originalpredfan

Oct 27, 2013
Obviously there is still a chance that our season is not yet over. However, this year has been a real eye opener to the talent we have in the pipeline. From some of the comments over the last year I was under the impression that our cupboard was bare, but the emergence of the Herd line and some of the rookie defensemen has given me a renewed optimism for the future. Tomasino looks to be the real deal. Now, if we could somehow unload Ellis, Arvy and either of our 16 million dollar centers for a true top six forward, re-sign Granlund and possibly Haula we would be vastly improved for next year. Just my opinion.

predwings

Jan 26, 2011
Nashville TN
I wouldn't put it past Chicago to lose both those games. That would be typical.

So indeed we have to find a way to get a win from Carolina. I don't know how we manage that. But it's do or die.

I definitely won't wonder anything about the deadline or anything like that if we do end up missing the playoffs, though. It will still go down as quite a miraculous turnaround, and I think we really learned an awful lot about our team and players. That turnaround was invaluable. I wouldn't trade it for the dubious distinction of a 2nd round draft pick or whatever we might have gotten at the deadline instead. Just think of all the golden nuggets we got from this run. We saw Saros regain his #1 status emphatically. We saw some new guys step up and the Herd line emerge. And you know what, I think it was also valuable information to see that there wasn't any particular value added when guys like Duchene and Ellis came back in the lineup. The distinction on that might not have been so clear without the contrast provided by the turnaround.

Not folding up shop and selling at the deadline was 100% the right decision, really the only possible decision, and whether we finish 4th or 5th will not make one bit of difference in that regard.

I agree Chicago likely folds it in for 2 games if not just to screw Nashville over. Going to have to handle this at home ourselves

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
Vingananan (sp?) Stillman and the like can keep their bullshit trade deadline 4th round "lottery tickets" and I'll take this playoff push every - single - year

Just take this message board for example, the second half of this season when we were winning and chasing the playoffs was vastly more enjoyable than the first half when the team was at the bottom of the league and we were talking about rebuilding. Nobody expects that this team can make a run and win a Cup, but we're all pulling for the playoffs anyway, because winning is better than losing, every time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad