p3.png

nyi.png
o4.png

final.png

Welp. Can't win 'em all.

EDIT: Who wants Saturday's GDT?

GTislanders

Jan 9, 2014
I wouldn't be upset as fans. You guys were in total domination from start to finish. That was very hard to watch as an Isles fan.

mikemcburn

Oct 23, 2013
Don't forget Fisher

At least Fisher could win the odd face-off, didn't take insanely ill-timed personal (and cheap) retribution elbow-to-head penalties in the o-zone, and could dish out more hits (0 Riberio - 6 Fisher) than puck give-aways 3 Riberio - 1 Fisher).

But it's PL I'm questioning after this game... he clearly hasn't any trust in the 3rd line (as demonstrated again by trying to ride the 1st and 2nd lines for most of the closing stretch) and is desperately attempting to "tweak" the top 2 lines to spark the entire offense. But the Gaustad as extra skater #1 followed by Jarnkrok as extra skater #2 was the clincher for me - PL needs to find a way to feel some love for the whole "top 9" to get things truly moving. Whether that loves come out of blind faith and and a prayer (on PL's part) or guys like Bourque, Jarnkrok and Hodgson somehow finding a way to do more than try hard, I dunno.

But the team needs a reliable 3rd line. Either to play traditional shut down (and free up the 1c/2c lines for pure offense) or to chip in consistently on the offense. And right now, anyway, I'm putting the lack of a real 3rd line onto PL's plate.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
I wouldn't be upset as fans. You guys were in total domination from start to finish. That was very hard to watch as an Isles fan.
We also had seriously probably 6 to 8 chances that hit iron or missed by inches. Puck luck wasn't on our side tonight.

Good game by you guys though either way.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Thought it was terrible to sign him back for multiple years and so far he is proving me right. We shall see if he turns it around.
Sad thing is he was the most highly sought after free agent center so half the league wanted him. I'm not mad about that yet.

preds1

Apr 2, 2010
TN
At least Fisher could win the odd face-off, didn't take insanely ill-timed personal (and cheap) retribution elbow-to-head penalties in the o-zone, and could dish out more hits (0 Riberio - 6 Fisher) than puck give-aways 3 Riberio - 1 Fisher).

Yep. Fish is a warrior, Ribeiro is a little punk at times.
Don't care for his attitude at all.

He better get his ship together and quick.
He's getting close to Jarnkrok on my polished turd list.

mikemcburn

Oct 23, 2013
Yep. Fish is a warrior, Ribeiro is a little punk at times.
Don't care for his attitude at all.

He better get his ship together and quick.
He's getting close to Jarnkrok on my polished turd list.

At least Jarnkrok looks like he still imagines he's got a roster spot of which he should prove his worth. Kid warrants some polish for that.

I'm still having an emotional disconnect with this game though and at the moment wouldn't be bothered trying to buff up Riberio. I'll get over it by tomorrow, but for now I've got visions of real grimy, squishy, and excessively dull turd piles dancing in my head - each one sporting Riberio's name tag and...

I gotta shake this off. Having some terribly un-nice Canadian thoughts.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
View attachment 85409
at least jarnkrok looks like he still imagines he's got a roster spot of which he should prove his worth. Kid warrants some polish for that.

I'm still having an emotional disconnect with this game though and at the moment wouldn't be bothered trying to buff up riberio. I'll get over it by tomorrow, but for now i've got visions of real grimy, squishy, and excessively dull turd piles dancing in my head - each one sporting riberio's name tag and...

I gotta shake this off. Having some terribly un-nice canadian thoughts.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad