Post-Game Talk: Nashville at Carolna Sibling Rivilary Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
Well if any good can come out of the game is that even though we sucked in this game we only lost by one point. Probably the worst game played by the Preds all season. Except for the last minute push, everybody just looked lethargic.

Last edited:

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Worst game played all season. Call me overly optimistic, but I like that we have home games with St. Louis and Chicago coming next. I think Lavy will use this to motivate the hell out of our guys. I'm (strangely) not worried.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
Similar play that we saw against Edmonton with a different outcome. We're still a team depending on deity like performance from Pekka every night and if he has a human night, we're in trouble. This is a mid pack overall scoring team, a bottom third PK and PP team ... balanced by 5on5 goals against at the top of the league.

We catch the Blues on the back end of a back to back ... but could catch Brodeur. On to the next game.

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
Well the only player that had a + in the +/- of our forwards was Forsberg....lol. Sadly our best forwards/lines had -.

Last edited:

moomoosoup

Oct 8, 2014
At least they made this one the stinker and not one that would really hurt them in the standings. Should be back in their right minds for the divisional games.

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
The +'s are attracted to him, and the -'s are attracted to everyone else.

Well the next best in the +/- was the Jokinen-Cullen-Fisher line as it was 0 in the +/- but wouldn't call that line our best line. Kind of just "the just there" line at the moment. Expected more from the other lines though (energy lines as I call it) but just came out flat tonight, except for the late push by the Ribiero/Forsberg/Neal line at the end. Oh well, hopefully better energy/effort in the next game.

I stand corrected Neal and Ribeiro were also 0 in the +/- as far as a line combo but that was mainly because Ribeiro scored on his goal.

Last edited:

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
Similar play that we saw against Edmonton with a different outcome. We're still a team depending on deity like performance from Pekka every night and if he has a human night, we're in trouble. This is a mid pack overall scoring team, a bottom third PK and PP team ... balanced by 5on5 goals against at the top of the league.

We catch the Blues on the back end of a back to back ... but could catch Brodeur. On to the next game.

Agreed - the pace and energy had the same feel as against Edmonton.

1stLineCottonCandy

Apr 7, 2013
Chattanooga
Possession numbers over the past few games have been down shooting % has been down as well. Is this the regression everyone has been talking about? Possibly, but to be honest even though the past few games have been crap shoots this is still a very good team. We hit all those over the top numbers once therefore we can do it again.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Gave away the only 2 points that we should have been able to count on this week. Really haven't felt as confident about the team since the Leafs win, even with some of the lopsided shot totals in a few of the wins. Hope the guys pick it up or this is going to be an awfully long month.

wadesworld

Jan 24, 2011
Nashville, TN
Frustrated that we've got Forsberg in great shooting position at the very end, and the two Preds in front of the net move out of the goalie's way to look for a rebound, resulting in a glove save.

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
Well if Derek Roy is healthy I'm all for having him back in the lineup. I know he isn't a dynamic scoring player but he seemed to have good energy and worked hard along the boards to create chances.

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
We need Fisher to knock the rust off pronto. How many turnovers was he responsible for tonight?

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
We need Fisher to knock the rust off pronto. How many turnovers was he responsible for tonight?

I wouldn't call them turnovers but he definitely hasn't been strong, especially along the boards to keep the puck in or get the puck to his teammates to create scoring chances for his line. Not able to sustain pressure from that line and keep the puck in the opponents end of the ice. Think having Derek Roy back would help that line out alot as he seemed to keep the puck in for that line and help create scoring chances. Due to Fisher's scoring ability though, I would try the Derek Roy/Fisher/Cullen line when Derek comes back and see how that line does and if still no progress then maybe just go back to Cullen/Jokinen/Derek Roy line and just use Fisher on an as needed basis or on the 4th line instead.

Due to Fisher's injury and being out of the lineup for so long and not being able to get the practice w/ the new system/teammates, he is double behind the 8 ball and so it's going to probably take him a bit longer to get going.

For this game though, it was the whole team that was lethargy and wasn't playing strong/well that cost this lost. Except for that late push by our top line near the end, all our lines weren't playing well/too well and our better lines (especially the second line) and defense were getting scored on.

Last edited:

Cashville

RIP Lindback
Apr 12, 2011
Denver
Despite the first goal being a rather lucky tip and the 2nd being one of the few bad Peks goals, CAR played a better ES game than we did tonight. Resilient in the end, but we didn't deserve this one and it showed on the scoreboard. Honestly, think it may be a good thing heading into STL and CHI; we needed a wake up call after so long coasting through average teams.

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN

Pekka was average. The 2nd goal was one he wants back. still, you have to score more. 1 goal isn't enough.

Don't you expect the pk to improve with Fisher's return?

The pp has the talent to be better, but it is not showing any ability to climb out of its suckitude.

tampa pred

Jul 8, 2014
Well that was a stinker. We got beat to pucks all night. We couldn't generate enough chances. Pekka should have stopped the second goal. Nice goal by Ribs. That about sums it up...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad