Post-Game Talk: Nashville at Carolna Sibling Rivilary Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Pekka was average. The 2nd goal was one he wants back. still, you have to score more. 1 goal isn't enough.

I have to disagree. He wasn't a world beater but I thought he was seeing the puck well through traffic and his reaction time was on point for most of the game. That first goal was just....whatever. I have a hard time blaming him on that one. The second was pretty weak but I think most nights when he turns in an effort that he did last night, we'll win.

We were overly sloppy, which is surprising/unfortunate because if someone were to tell me we'd play a game, against a weaker team, at almost entirely 5 on 5 for the whole game I'd take it in a heartbeat.

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
I have to disagree. He wasn't a world beater but I thought he was seeing the puck well through traffic and his reaction time was on point for most of the game. That first goal was just....whatever. I have a hard time blaming him on that one. The second was pretty weak but I think most nights when he turns in an effort that he did last night, we'll win.

We were overly sloppy, which is surprising/unfortunate because if someone were to tell me we'd play a game, against a weaker team, at almost entirely 5 on 5 for the whole game I'd take it in a heartbeat.

The second goal was as weak of a goal as you will see in the NHL. He otherwise was his typical self.

I agree with you, though. His performance should have netted us a win. The rest of the team .... meh. Not a good game for the Preds.

Paranoid Android

mug mug mug
Sep 17, 2006

I agree. I thought he was fine. Even on that second goal, I don't blame him. I know he wishes he had it, but whenever a shot gets deflected and starts fluttering I have a hard time blaming the goalie.

Privy

#ShutUpStu
Nov 25, 2011
Lavy after the game...

(NSFW language)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uc7hwiar-5c

That game was embarrassing to watch. It's not who we lost to, it's how we lost to them. The whole game felt like a minor league game, but at least most guys in the minors give effort. Pathetic outing. I hope the boys feel the same way and come out swinging this week or they're going to find themselves in a losing streak very fast.

Last edited by a moderator:

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
That game was embarrassing to watch. It's not who we lost to, it's how we lost to them. The whole game felt like a minor league game, but at least most guys in the minors give effort. Pathetic outing. I hope the boys feel the same way and come out swinging this week or they're going to find themselves in a losing streak very fast.
I've tried to block as much of the game out of my mind as I can, but literally the only two players who positively stood out to me were Rinne (as I've stated my feelings on that above), and I thought Beck played a good game. He seems to give it all on every shift, but I know it's easier to "look like you're doing your job well" when you're essentially a grinder.

Lavy won't accept this nonsense though. St. Louis and Chicago will present big time challenges but he will absolutely have the boys ready to go tomorrow and Saturday in front of crowds that will be rockin.

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN
At least we aren't EDM, who has yet to win a game against a Western Conference team.

It's one game. A bad game, but one game. Refocus and move to the next match up.

preds1

Apr 2, 2010
TN
Outside of Rinne, we really haven't played all that well the last few games.
Two of them we won, this one it caught up to us.

We're a good team though, not worried.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad