Nash prepared for big expectations

JCrusher*

Apr 16, 2012
Nash is better than what his stats show. Nash is a Power Forward type winger and those types of players benefit from a great center. Who has been Nash's best Center? Antoine Vermette? RJ Umberger? Richards and Stepan are both better than those two. I went with somewhere between 45-49
I agree. nash has put up big numbers for most of his career and he has played on one of the worst teams for the past decade. Also he doesnt have as much pressure since he is no longer a captain and he has guys like richards stepan hagelin kreider and gabby to play with. I mean Nash hasnt played with anyone good

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
our style is going to naturally push point production down. He's going to help us win games, that's all that should matter.

Arguing chicken/egg here a little bit, but I actually think that our style has been a result of our talent level. It's why Tortorella abandoned "safe is death" fairly early in his tenure. It'll be interesting to see if he opens up the jets a little bit this season.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Over 60, np.
That would be 1.25 Pts/GP. He hasn't sniffed that at the NHL level yet. His highest was 1.01. I expect him to be slightly under 1.00 Pts/GP.

Though, I'm not going to discount the possibility you are thinking 82 games. In that case I would agree 60 would be a given.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
That would be 1.25 Pts/GP. He hasn't sniffed that at the NHL level yet. His highest was 1.01. I expect him to be slightly under 1.00 Pts/GP.

Though, I'm not going to discount the possibility you are thinking 82 games. In that case I would agree 60 would be a given.

No I am just being over-confident and unrealistic. :D

Kershaw

Nash is better than what his stats show. Nash is a Power Forward type winger and those types of players benefit from a great center. Who has been Nash's best Center? Antoine Vermette? RJ Umberger? Richards and Stepan are both better than those two. I went with somewhere between 45-49

Carter.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC

Carter may have been the most talented center Nash has had recently, but he was probably the worst fit possible given the Jackets lack of a playmaking winger (beyond Prospal).

And the best center Nash ever played with was a 35+ Sergei Fedorov.

Kershaw

Carter may have been the most talented center Nash has had recently, but he was probably the worst fit possible given the Jackets lack of a playmaking winger (beyond Prospal).

And the best center Nash ever played with was a 35+ Sergei Fedorov.

The belief was that surrounding Rick Nash with an equal caliber linemate (even a scorer) will open up his underrated passing game. For years the media had been claiming that he didn't have talent and that he was reluctant to pass the puck since his linemates were garbage. This past season showed me that Nash will be a 1-dimensional player, a Dany Heatley type which is fine if he's good at that dimension. I don't see him improving his assist/goal numbers that much either.

gravey9

Dec 29, 2008
The biggest thing Rick Nash may do for this team is increase the goal production for secondary scorers. And a guy like Gabby (if kept off the 1st line) will suddenly no longer have to go up against the Charas of the world. I don't recall if Gabby's ever been on a team where he was looked at as the 1b scorer. In addition, people like Cally and Hags could see their totals go up. As well as DZ.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad