Proposal: Nash-NyI

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
They can't do 8 years I thought because he wasn't on the team before the TDL. Why not just wait and get him for free and use those assets to get other new shiny toys?

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
They can't do 8 years I thought because he wasn't on the team before the TDL. Why not just wait and get him for free and use those assets to get other new shiny toys?

While they can't do a trade and sign, they can do a sign and trade before July 1.

As an Islanders fan I would do Signed Tavares + 12th overall for Turris.

While I think a signed Tavares has value it's less then Turris AND Smith

Reactions: Sparksrus3

t0nedeff

Jun 29, 2010
While they can't do a trade and sign, they can do a sign and trade before July 1.

lmao what? How in the world does a signed Tavares get less value than a unsigned one?

Reactions: Spazkat

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015

There's really no guarantee with quite a few competitor teams wanting to get him.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
lmao what? How in the world does a signed Tavares get less value than a unsigned one?

JT signed for 8 years and an Isles 1st for Turris???........im so confused

No way does s signed Tavares get Turris and Smith. I was just giving a more realistic idea what the Islanders could get for Tavares(assuming Tavares signs specifically to be traded to Nashville but get an 8 year deal)

Predigree

Dec 4, 2015
Ebensee, Austria
Please give me a hand, can Tavares as a UFA accept any offer from any Team he want´s to go?
I read some posts like selling or buying Tavares UFA rights, i allways thought that kinde of rights are only for RFA´s.

I am confused now.

Reactions: FilthyScoresberg

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Please give me a hand, can Tavares as a UFA accept any offer from any Team he want´s to go?
I read some posts like selling or buying Tavares UFA rights, i allways thought that kinde of rights are only for RFA´s.

I am confused now.

Only July 1 Tavares can sign anywhere for 7 years BUT Islanders can trade his rights before that day plus Islanders can sign Tavares to an 8 year deal then trade him to another team before July 1.

In terms of value using the sign and trade(8th year) might hold some value if that is a difference maker to a team signing him. If Tavares is willing to sign somewhere for 7 then that definitely lessens his value

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland

Did you bump your head really hard? I think you’re confusing Tavares with Duchene.

Innwhat world is Turris worth Tavares PLUS the 12th overall pick?

Turris is a good player but Turris alone doesn’t get Tavares. You want to add the 12th pick on top of that wtf?

Nashville would be better to just try and sign Tavares and then use Turris to upgrade on other areas.

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN
Why would Nashville trade valuable pieces to get something they could get for free in July? If anything, sign Tavares and then deal Turris and/or Smith for upgrades if Poile sees fit.

sebsisles

Apr 25, 2013
Long Island
Only July 1 Tavares can sign anywhere for 7 years BUT Islanders can trade his rights before that day plus Islanders can sign Tavares to an 8 year deal then trade him to another team before July 1.

In terms of value using the sign and trade(8th year) might hold some value if that is a difference maker to a team signing him. If Tavares is willing to sign somewhere for 7 then that definitely lessens his value

All we gotta do is tell JT there is a sign and trade on the table and then when he signs we tell him we decided to keep him instead :sarcasm:

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Tavares would have to be demanding the extra 8th year from the new club he wants to sign with for a sign and trade scenario to be realistic.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
What is the benefit for a team get´s his rights? Is he obliged to sign with them?

Probably not much benefit to a trade for his rights(other then you get to negotiate with him early), but the sign and trade scenario might make the difference of signing or not(if he really wants that 8th year)

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Did you bump your head really hard? I think you’re confusing Tavares with Duchene.

In a world where Tavares is a UFA on July 1 and we can get nothing for him

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017

yuck that trade is garbage

id rather trade Tavares rights to St louis for a 2nd than give up a 1st and Tavares for Turris, a playerwho disappears when it matters

put down the crack pipe man

Klaus3154

Apr 22, 2018
New York
First of all if Tavares signs there will no doubt be some sort of trade clause where he will at least have the right to turn down a trade with a particular team.

If he is emphasizing he wants to be with a ‘winner’ you can bet he is going to want to determine which team he goes to.

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012

Turris is a good player but Turris alone doesn’t get Tavares. You want to add the 12th pick on top of that wtf?

Nashville would be better to just try and sign Tavares and then use Turris to upgrade on other areas.

I figured Boredmale was just messing with everyone.

JustaFinnishGuy

Joonas Donskoi avi but not a SEA fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 3, 2016
Finland
Our core isn't moving anywhere per David Poile.
The only way Tavares is a Pred is via Free agency.
And that's not happening.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Our core isn't moving anywhere per David Poile.
The only way Tavares is a Pred is via Free agency.
And that's not happening.

Kyle Turris and Craig smith really 'core' players? I would piggyback those 2 to the island if it got me JT as the preds...

I think the only core forwards are JOFA and Fiala at this time. Everyone else could probably he feasibly had.

JustaFinnishGuy

Joonas Donskoi avi but not a SEA fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 3, 2016
Finland
Kyle Turris and Craig smith really 'core' players? I would piggyback those 2 to the island if it got me JT as the preds...

I think the only core forwards are JOFA and Fiala at this time. Everyone else could probably he feasibly had.
They're core to Poile. Not my words, they are his. So your assumptions as an outsider are needless.
We are not actively shopping ANYONE. Period.
Of course if someone stupidly overpays for Smith or whoever Poile takes it and runs. But we are not going to do anything along the lines of Turris, Smith for Tavares rights.
Laviolette Poile
''Sure, no team ever comes back exactly the same, and there will be some additions and subtractions in the coming months. To start, along with the retirement of Mike Fisher, Poile said the Preds would not be offering forward Scott Hartnell a new contract and he doesn't expect defenseman Alexei Emelin back in the fold, either.
Minus those exceptions, however, Nashville's roster is likely to look strikingly similar to the one iced throughout much of the 2017-18 season, a campaign that saw the Preds collect 117 points, as well as their first Central Division title and Presidents' Trophy in franchise history.

"These guys want to go at it again," Laviolette said of his team. "They're going to have to wait the summer, but they don't feel inferior to anybody. There's confidence in the room. They've said it, I've said it, there's a belief we're going to win and be successful, but that doesn't guarantee anything. We're going to have to work. I don't know where we'll finish in the standings, and I don't know what the playoffs will look like if we play well enough and we get in… but there's a belief that we can be successful.''

''It was clear as a group when we met in the locker room when a couple players spoke what they felt about our team, so yes, that's going to be very influential," Poile said. "I've sat here many years saying there's got to be a lot of changes made, that I'm not happy with my team… This is different.''

When do GM's EVER say stuff like 'we don't need to do anything' after losing in the 2nd round?
And why would he just pay lip service to this group and lose their trust with a trade?

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad