Proposal: Nash-Minn

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
I have a hard time putting one player over the other when it comes to "IQ." They're both smart players, but it's not exactly quantifiable.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Nope. Spurgeon’s hockey IQ is top of the line across the league. Also funny that you say they undersell Ellis and then you completely oversell him.

Yep, say what you want about the rest of the Ellis/Spugeon's game, 5'8" 6th round picks don't become top pair defenders without ridiculous hockey IQ.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I think if it ever does come to trading Ellis from Nashville, then I would probably want to scour the trade market for a different type of player than Spurgeon first. Spurgeon is good, Ellis is good, maybe one is a little bit better than the other, I can't tell. Ellis is a bit more aggressive and shoots better, Spurgeon is a better skater and I would have gone along with him being "smarter". But I already wish the Preds had a D partner for Josi who was bigger and played a more physical game, and going from undersized Ellis to even more undersized and softer Spurgeon would not be my first choice. :dunno:

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
I can’t remember the exact stat- but when Ellis came back, he was scoring almost as many points as Karlsson did. I think he was the 3rd best defenseman in the league after he came back from injury. You’re really underselling Ellis here.. dude is a stud.

Smith is really fast. We call him “crazy legs” here. Zucker has the net-front presence we lack, that’s why we want him. You wouldn’t be losing any speed except on the backend, but I promise you Ellis has the better shot and hockey IQ over Spurgeon.

I will say though, I do like Spurgeon and Zucker. This deal truly isn’t bad. I wouldn’t really wanna give up yet another 1st, so maybe bump it to a 2nd.
These assessments are about as wrong as one person could be.

Reactions: FilthyScoresberg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad