GDT: nascar5

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrazeksVengeance

VENGEANCE
Feb 27, 2018
Not at the level that Nashville is pulling. And Nashville is also doubling it with flopping around all over the ice like the Italian national soccer team, which I don't see either of them doing.
HAMMER, YOU ARE BOUND TO BE PISSED OFF ONE WAY OR ANOTHER.

Which is a good thing.

LET’S JUST BE TRUE TO OURSELVES. (AND STAY OFF THE SHITPOND KNOWN AS THE MAIN BOARD)

MrazeksVengeance

VENGEANCE
Feb 27, 2018
Anybody know what's going on with Foegele on faceoffs? Seems like preds lining up across from him are always mad.
EITHER THEY ENVY MCLOVIN’S DASHING GOOD LOOKS OR THE FACT THAT HIS GRIN IS TRULY THE ONE OF A MAN WHO CAN ANNOY HIS NEIGBOUR.

UNLESS THAT NEIGHBOUR IS MR. RODGERS OR SLAVIN.

REMINDS ME OF THE MATCH WHERE I WAS DEFENDING THE SAME GUY AS THE SHUTDOWN D-MAN FOR MOST OF THE GAME.

I WAS FLIRTING WITH HIM AND SINGING MUSICALS. DROVE HIM MAD.

Last edited:

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
The whole "that mean Haula is picking on poor, kind gentle Necas" is over the top ridiculous. Playoffs are mean and tough, guys are supposed to hate each other.

Yep. That's the point though. It's the playoffs and players are supposed to hate each other and fans are supposed to hate the opposing team. To me, who cares if the hate is fully warranted or not.

Whether it's because of him going after Necas, perceived transgressions while here, a rift with the coach, or they just think he's a dick, is irrelevant to me. Fans can hate on opposing teams in the playoffs for whatever reason they want.

As much as you feel fans and media made too much out of the friction between him and RBA while here, I think some are making too big of a deal about fans booing or other reactions (even on this board) to him.

Like you said, it's the playoffs so let the hate flow.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Yep. That's the point though. It's the playoffs and players are supposed to hate each other and fans are supposed to hate the opposing team. To me, who cares if the hate is fully warranted or not.

Whether it's because of him going after Necas, perceived transgressions while here, a rift with the coach, or they just think he's a dick, is irrelevant to me. Fans can hate on opposing teams in the playoffs for whatever reason they want.

As much as you feel fans and media made too much out of the friction between him and RBA while here, I think some are making too big of a deal about fans booing or other reactions (even on this board) to him.

Like you said, it's the playoffs so let the hate flow.
This conversation came from me saying I understand why he would be disdainful towards the fans here. The rest is fine with me. I’m just not going to hate on the guy. He’s not nearly as unlikeable as a few of his teammates, and generally makes for a poor villain. I felt bad for the guy losing his would be kid. Ryjo is a douche. Ditto for Benning.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
This conversation came from me saying I understand why he would be disdainful towards the fans here. The rest is fine with me. I’m just not going to hate on the guy. He’s not nearly as unlikeable as a few of his teammates, and generally makes for a poor villain. I felt bad for the guy losing his would be kid. Ryjo is a douche. Ditto for Benning.

I think we agree more than we disagree here.

w e l o s t b o y s

Drawing Frog 8
Nov 21, 2009
London
As much as I've said about Haula (and will gladly let that go), the player I dislike most in this series -- by far -- is Johansen. All the kid's toughness comes post-whistle, and about 3 out of every 4 of them come from behind. I am not a fan of post-whistle physicality for the most part...I'm sure this is hyperbole, but it feels like the most chicken-shit thing in hockey.
I really started to dislike him in their series with Anaheim a few years ago. Somehow he made it easier to cheer for Kesler than him

Reactions: DaveG and geehaad

hurricure

Sr Vice President of Snacking
Oct 8, 2016
Trail BC
I feel bad Haula lost his kid. No one should endure that.

I don't feel bad Haula was traded as he was, precisely, a malconent prick. Or at least he came off with one. Name another canes player that came back to this arena in another sweater and started doing the troll ass antics he does. Let alone a Finn.
What’s his name we traded to Calgary when he mocked the post game storm surge... that guy...traded him with hanafin, for that Hamilton cat..that Calgary jerk what’s his name

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
What’s his name we traded to Calgary when he mocked the post game storm surge... that guy...traded him with hanafin, for that Hamilton cat..that Calgary jerk what’s his name

I never had a problem with Lindholm doing what he did. If you’re going to do extracurricular stuff like the Surge after home wins, you’re likely going to have to deal with stuff like that when you lose at home.

I wish they had figured out a way to keep Lindholm and given up Hanifin+ for Hamilton. Lindholm was worth what he was asking for back then, and he’s proven since that he’s worth a heck of a lot more.

Oh well, it all worked out anyway. I hold no ill will against him for his mock-surge, and to be honest, I don’t really get the Haula-hate but whatever. I remember being at E Staal’s first game back in Raleigh after he signed in MIN and he was booed every time he touched the puck too…now that was a big WTF for me

3CanesInTheBox

Bunch of (Actual) Jerks
Sponsor
Feb 22, 2019
Chatmandu
Also, since I know there are people who really enjoy collecting / memorabilia etc on this board, wanted to post this link to #MinterMail, where Minter randomly selects people on twitter to send his game sheets, too.

Somewhat long shot to win, but hey, who knows:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad