Movies: Napoleon (NOV 2023)

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Got so excited for a Napoleon Dynamite sequel, left very disappointed.

In seriousness though, that was a terrible trailer. It also says December, not November.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008

In seriousness though, that was a terrible trailer. It also says December, not November.
I agree on the trailer, but the casting is intriguing.

archangel2

May 19, 2019
Read somewhere that some of the ideas came from Kubrick movie that SK planned to make after eyes wide shut

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
You guys realize that a) that trailer is a year old and above all b) fake? It literally says in the description:

Of course this isn't a real trailer - Ridley's still shooting the film. Clips from 'Exile' (Webster Films), 'The Duellists' and 'Waterloo'.

:facepalm:

• Haha
Reactions: Dubi Doo

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Should have been Danny Devito

ChOzI24UkAAD9wU

Last edited:
Reactions: NyQuil

RobBrown4PM

Pringles?
Oct 12, 2009
Gonna be pretty hard to up Waterloo. Movie is an absolute masterpiece, and the single best Napoleon media in existence.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa

You are both right, it's an Apple tv movie that starts streaming in December but it now has a limited theatrical release at US Thanksgiving

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Napoleon was average size for a person of his era. The whole small man thing was propaganda by the English press and government
I'd also imagine the propaganda has been helped along to the modern day by Napoleon's love for grandiose self portraits which we largely visualize him by. He may have been average size for his day, but those paintings can easily give the impression to the modern mindset that he's compensating for something.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
I'd also imagine the propaganda has been helped along to the modern day by Napoleon's love for grandiose self portraits which we largely visualize him by. He may have been average size for his day, but those paintings can easily give the impression to the modern mindset that he's compensating for something.
A few years ago here in the UK I went to a thing on Napoleon hosted by the Imperial War Museum and several history profs and military historians suggested that General Patton would be a modern example of what Napoleon was like in his day

Reactions: Seattle King

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
It looks epic. That modern song really took me out of it, but I don't imagine that 85-year-old Ridley Scott will have any of that in the movie, itself. It's nice to see a big historical drama, as they're getting rare.

Last edited:
Reactions: Neil Racki

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad