Rumor: Namestnikov Gaining Some Interest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
I don't want anything to do with vets on expiring contracts and not sure why you would either.....it literally makes 0 sense.

If it sweeten the returns why not....? We have the cap space and contract room, and the commitment ends at seasons end.

Jaromir Jagr

Apr 4, 2015
Long Island, NY
If it sweeten the returns why not....? We have the cap space and contract room, and the commitment ends at seasons end.

Because that's not what he wrote. If he put an 'and' then yes, I'd agree, but he put an 'or' stipulating that he wouldn't mind trading Names for a player on an exp. contract straight up.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
God i hope so. What a complete DUD he has been for us aside from the first game after the trade.

26 GP - 1G - 2A - 3P

Disgraceful.
Holy shit I didn’t even realize his stats have been that bad, especially considering 2 of those points came in his first game which means he’s had 1 point in his last 25 games..
He’s looking better recently but hopefully we get a 2nd for him. I could see Edmonton being interested with their crappy depth and Namestnikov would look good with McJesus

NYRKing

Mar 12, 2008
too bad he can’t take advantage of our lineup to play well and get minutes, but frankly no one looks settled except zbad Kreider zucc.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Holy **** I didn’t even realize his stats have been that bad, especially considering 2 of those points came in his first game which means he’s had 1 point in his last 25 games..
He’s looking better recently but hopefully we get a 2nd for him. I could see Edmonton being interested with their crappy depth and Namestnikov would look good with McJesus
The stats are not counting his first game where he scored 2 points...still doesn't make him look any better lol.

Walter t

Mar 12, 2018
I don't want anything to do with vets on expiring contracts and not sure why you would either.....it literally makes 0 sense.
Just better than a vet on a multi year contract that will take up future cap space. Draft pick or prospect much preferred.

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
I don`t mind to move him maybe package him with DeAngelo or Pionk to get a top prospect while we rebuild - we can`t have young players not playing hockey games. It`s better to get value in return in the market for either a good young top prospect or a 1st pick in 2019.
Why in your right mind would you trade DeAngelo or Pionk? You literally said “while we rebuild” in the same sentence. They are part of the rebuild.

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
If our GM was smart he would have traded him before giving him a new (overpriced) contract. But he isn't very bright. And now trading Namestnikov is not so easy that even a caveman can do it.

Blue Blooded

Most people rejected his message
Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm
Trading Namestnikov (or DeAngelo!) at this point would be a pretty poor decision considering that his value is about as low as it will ever get.

Names has always been a good play driver that struggles to create his own offence but can be a great 3rd guy on a good line, much like a Carl Hagelin or Jesper Fast. The issue is that promoting him from the 4th line creates a complete liability like Vesey-Spooner-Lettieri which would have issues breaking a 30 CF%.

I'd say the forward to move first is Vesey, who I don't think will ever raise his value from what it is at this point.

Reactions: kovazub94

Jaromir Jagr

Apr 4, 2015
Long Island, NY
If our GM was smart he would have traded him before giving him a new (overpriced) contract. But he isn't very bright. And now trading Namestnikov is not so easy that even a caveman can do it.

We have absolutely no idea what the market was for Names. There's a rather good chance he didn't see an offer that was legitimate and feels/felt he can sign him to a small contract (which has absolutely no bearing on our future due to its length and cost) and trade him for more than he was garnering as an RFA.

It's also hilarious to me that the people who constantly opine on other's intelligence levels on here often seem to be the most emotional and irrational.

Reactions: pblawr

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Trading Namestnikov (or DeAngelo!) at this point would be a pretty poor decision considering that his value is about as low as it will ever get.

Names has always been a good play driver that struggles to create his own offence but can be a great 3rd guy on a good line, much like a Carl Hagelin or Jesper Fast. The issue is that promoting him from the 4th line creates a complete liability like Vesey-Spooner-Lettieri which would have issues breaking a 30 CF%.

I'd say the forward to move first is Vesey, who I don't think will ever raise his value from what it is at this point.

This. There’s a reason why Names is being inquired about. After being a healthy scratch Namestnikov has played well in his role. Yeah, he’s not producing but most of the team doesn’t either and it’s hard to blame him for this (not hard for some of you) with no PP time and being saddled with Lettieri and McLeod.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY

I would argue that his value is somewhat lower than when we got him from the Lightning and hurt a bit more by his new contract----that his value will go even lower if he continues to not show the least bit of offensive spark and this may be as good a time as any (when apparently other teams are enquiring about him) to trade him. Those teams might not be interested later on. Yeah it's not helpful to play him with the 4th liners but he's playing with the 4th liners because he's shown very little chemistry with anyone since the day we acquired him.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
I'd prefer Miller at 5+ over 6 years than how we have for 4 over 2

One guy produces offence, and we have the other guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad