Name Your Favorite Moment from the Decade of Darkness

BigFuzzyDice

the giant Kane in your azz
Jul 8, 2016
I liked:

Eberle first goal.

Mac Ts expression at the public presser where Chiarelli announced he was taking President and GM role.

McDavid draft.

Gagner getting 8 points was obviously good but I think far more in person. Which I wasn't. Most his points seemed lucky more than skilled.

Yaks slide was pretty big at the time.

Andy Sutton Dangle.

Nuge undressing Lidstrom in his rookie is probably my favorite.

I'm trying to think of some Hall moments or even Hemsky. My two favorite players of that period but nothing is coming to mind.

The trade was a pretty great day. I know I was walkin on sunshine.

Yaks slide was pretty good too. Everyone forgets the circumstance. That goal probably saved two zebras from being beaten to death outside rexall that night...

Reactions: Aerchon

94 Oil Drops

McHy is the new McDrai.
Sep 19, 2019
Alberta
When it ended?

Seriously it was the McDavid lottery win. When I saw the golden card flip over, I flopped onto my side on the couch and just giggled like an idiot for 5 minutes.
The day Toronto became Chernobyl.

That was by far my favorite moment. I couldn't believe it. It was like a dream and I thought I had died and gone to heaven.

Reactions: BudBundy

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
Yaks slide was pretty good too. Everyone forgets the circumstance....
Nobody forgets the circumstances. At least Fleury’s celebration was after a GWG in the playoffs. I didn’t like it at all, but I got it. Yakupov just looked like an idiot. One of the most embarrassing moments as an Oiler fan.

Good moments include - the McDavid lotto ticket, Gags’ 8 point night (he had so many haters on this site), and the day Chiarelli got fired.

BigFuzzyDice

the giant Kane in your azz
Jul 8, 2016
Nobody forgets the circumstances. At least Fleury’s celebration was after a GWG in the playoffs. I didn’t like it at all, but I got it. Yakupov just looked like an idiot. One of the most embarrassing moments as an Oiler fan.

Good moments include - the McDavid lotto ticket, Gags’ 8 point night (he had so many haters on this site), and the day Chiarelli got fired.
10 years in the basement and a rookie's celebration after his 2nd nhl goal in a game where the zebras tried to screw the oil is one of the most embarrassing moments in oiler history? Oooookay then.... but you where fine with standing at the podium repeatedly picking first. Do you do a lot of screaming out the window to neighborhood kids to get off yer lawn?

Nostradumbass

Divinity
Jan 1, 2007
Winning the McDavid lottery. I was in the middle of breaking up with my hot ex, saw the announcement, and gave her one final lay before calling it quits forever. Great day.

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
Telling my dad we won the McDavid lottery and his response being a serious “that isn’t something to joke about”
Gagn8 a close second

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
I liked:

Eberle first goal.

Mac Ts expression at the public presser where Chiarelli announced he was taking President and GM role.

McDavid draft.

Gagner getting 8 points was obviously good but I think far more in person. Which I wasn't. Most his points seemed lucky more than skilled.

Yaks slide was pretty big at the time.

Andy Sutton Dangle.

Nuge undressing Lidstrom in his rookie is probably my favorite.

I'm trying to think of some Hall moments or even Hemsky. My two favorite players of that period but nothing is coming to mind.
I've tried finding the Sutton dangles so many times unsuccessfully.. Do you have the link? :D

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
I've tried finding the Sutton dangles so many times unsuccessfully.. Do you have the link? :D

Unfortunately no.

I'm not even really sure why it sticks so much in my mind. Obviously it was great from a guy not known for greatness but I'm surprised it sticks like it has.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Smytty captaincy night. He’s behind only Lowe for GP, 5th (behind Gretzky, Kurri, Messier, and Anderson) in goals, and leads PP goals. We pulled out a win for Smyth on his big day, where he was finally named captain of his hometown team, at age 38.

Bonus points... that win cost us the draft lottery in 2014. We ended up having to take Draisaitl instead of landing Ekblad.

Also, we started the whole name him captain for the final game thing, and then it turned into a twitter campaign.

Last edited:

Delicious Pancakes

Top Pocket Find
Apr 23, 2012
Home
Well since I was at the game sitting row 2 and had a great seat to watch it, and because of the reaction afterwards I'm going to say the Omark spinorama shootout goal. f*** you Tampa, you bunch of crybabys.

PS - Obviously winning the lotteries were all great too, especially the McDavid one where all the hockey world's hate only made us laugh harder.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad