Name some players who you were just waiting to "screw up" a big game

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
Yeah, what a bum.

I could have won a 7 game series with only 8 goals for.. I know it.

Luongo only had 2 1-0 shutouts and a 3-2 OT win in the Stanley Cup Finals... pffft.. loser..

speaking as a canucks fan, consistently excellent play is what i'm looking for. it's a lot to ask, obviously. but when we got him, he was billed as the future greatest goalie in the world. i was as happy and proud of him as anyone when i saw his performances in games 1, 2, and 5. and i do acknowledge he got almost no help, either in terms of goal support or defensive play. but his proneness to fall apart when things get bad, leading to no chance of a comeback, i find that hard to accept, despite his heroics in the other games. he had at least TWO horrible games in the first and fourth rounds of the playoffs, including three in the finals. unacceptable. for many canucks fans, the mantra going into this season is that we were closer to being bounced in the first round than winning the stanley cup. i hope that's luongo's mindset too.

LeBlondeDemon10

Jul 10, 2010
Canada
Hockey is a tough one because its such a team sport. But I remember being really nervous watching Patrick Roy in the early 90's against the Bruins. He just seemed to give up a soft goal at a crucial time.

Aside from hockey, it was agony watching Greg Norman give away another Green Jacket, PGA title, etc...I'm sure everyone was waiting for the other shoe to drop when he teed off in the 4rth round.

connellc

Dec 2, 2010
Danny Heatly for team Canada. The guy just complies points against lower-tier teams then flops during big games. I always expect him to not show up. Not to mention, his playoff stats are pretty poor too. He def fits the bill.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad