Name a player who played any time from 1985-1995

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlyersFan10*

I'll throw a couple of Flyers names out there: Brian Propp, Tim Kerr, Rick Tocchet, Murray Craven, Derrick Smith, Peter Zezel, Ron Hextall, Pelle Lindbergh (RIP Pelle)

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
FlyersFan10 said:
I'll throw a couple of Flyers names out there: Brian Propp, Tim Kerr, Rick Tocchet, Murray Craven, Derrick Smith, Peter Zezel, Ron Hextall, Pelle Lindbergh (RIP Pelle)

Remember 1987 playoff fill-ins Tim Tookey and Daryl Stanley?

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
FlyersFan10 said:

I'm a Bruins fan but I have tapes of Games 6 and 7 of the '87 Finals. Man, do I miss '80's hockey. Name any team in the NHL back then, even the Caps, and I can reel off several names. You knew the players before Bettman came along and diluted the league into submission. The Flyers you DIDN'T mention above could probably take on half the league today: Poulin, Sinisalo, Eklund, Mellanby, Samuelsson, Daigneault, Marsh, Howe, McCrimmon, and, of course, Ed Hospodar, who sparked the NHL's last bench-clearing brawl.

http://hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/leagues/seasons/teams/0000531987.html

Hab-a-maniac

Sep 28, 2003
Toronto via Calgary!
Visit site
Hmm, I feel like mentioning a random Habs team in a random year. Let's see....... 1983-84! BTW, I'm great on all this trivia stuff and I was born in 85. A 75 pt. (35-40-5: 286 GF, 295 GA) letdown of a team (considering Mtl. had preceeded this with a 96 pt. season and 8 consecutive 100+ pt. seasons and years of cups before this) that came 2 wins away from a trip to a slaughtering in the finals against the Oilers: Mike Mcphee, Gaston Gingras, Steve Penney, Doug Soetart(sp?), Richard Sevigny, Chris Nilan, Chris Chelios, Guy Carbonneau, Doug Wickenheiser, Guy Lafleur, Steve Shutt, Bob Gainey, Larry Robinson, Craig Ludwig, Robert Picard, Perry Turnbull, Pierre Mondou, Jean Hamel, Bobby Smith, Ryan Walter, Rick Green, Tom Kurvers, Lucien Deblois, Mario Tremblay, Mats Naslund, John Chabot, Mark Hunter, coach Jacques Lemaire and GM Serge Savard.

Wow, this is kinda fun. I think I'll do a team every day if I get the time. For tomorrow: 1990-91 Canadiens.

Zetterberg4Captain*

Rob Brown, Benoit Brunet, Zdeno Ciger, Bob Corkum, Mike Craig, Cory Cross, Keith Acton, Greg Adams, Shawn Anderson, Scott Arniel, Brent Ashton, Tom Kurvers, Mark Kumpel, Bob Kedelski, Jm Kyte, Randy Ladoucheur, Mike Lalor, Mark Lamb, Rick Lanz, Ken Lnesman, Troy Loney, David Maley, Moe Mantha, Rudy Poeschek, Walt Poddubny, David Shaw, Doug SHedden, Randy Velischek, Doug Wickenheiser, Carey Wilson and Trent Yawney.

Gainey23

Aug 17, 2004
Jimmy Carson

not sure if he ever held the record, but was one of the youngest players in the history of the NHL to have a 50 goal season...
was a dynamic goal scorer for the LA Kings back when they were horrible and unfortunately will be best known for being part of the package that got sent to Edmonton in return for Gretzky (and played well for Edmonton all things considered).
ended up in Detroit and Hartford and word has it that he could have been much more but lacked the desire...

Staze19 said:
That's it. That's all there is to it. This thread should bring back memories of sifting through hockey cards as a little kid for me.

(Also, last night I couldn't sleep. While I was laying in bed, I was trying to think of 12 players who played for the Jets, Nordiques, North Stars, and Whalers.)

Mike McPhee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad