Speculation: Nalimov coming to Chicago?

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
No. His agent said he doesn’t want to play in AHL. So he will stay in KHL for year or two Longer. The club terminated their contracts for different reasons

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Forsberg is still having a hard time getting over the hump as an NHLer. It’s probably not a bad idea to send him down and bring Nalimov in as the backup for the rest of the year. The Hawks need to take that spot very seriously because it could be our next starter. CC is going to cost 7-8M. If he continues to play like this, he’s well worth it. Still, we need to have a plan B and C prepared because if Schmaltz and others break out over the next 18 months, you’re looking at a choice between resigning Schmaltz and other young guys or bringing back a 34 year old Vezina contender. Nice problem to have and I love CC to death but the choice seems pretty obvious.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Forsberg is still having a hard time getting over the hump as an NHLer. It’s probably not a bad idea to send him down and bring Nalimov in as the backup for the rest of the year. The Hawks need to take that spot very seriously because it could be our next starter. CC is going to cost 7-8M. If he continues to play like this, he’s well worth it. Still, we need to have a plan B and C prepared because if Schmaltz and others break out over the next 18 months, you’re looking at a choice between resigning Schmaltz and other young guys or bringing back a 34 year old Vezina contender. Nice problem to have and I love CC to death but the choice seems pretty obvious.

I highly doubt that Crawford will command 7-8m at 35 years old when his contract is up.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
I highly doubt that Crawford will command 7-8m at 35 years old when his contract is up.

2019 Free Agents
Bobrovsky
Talbot
Rinne
Fleury
Smith
Varlamov
Gibson (RFA)

2020 Free Agents
Holtby
Crawford
Vasilevskiy (RFA)
Murray (RFA)

Who knows what’s going to happen but if the cap goes up a lot, it’s going to be interesting.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
A few teams are looking for goalies so the Hawks could sign Nalimov and then more Forsberg. Darling could hurt the market for that if you have the train of thought that he was a product of the system.

Run the risk of Forsberg of turning out to be a stud but it is a small risk to me because Berube can be the backup if Nalimov does not turn out.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
You wont get more then a 7th round pick or some Ryan Haggerty type prospect for Forsberg at this point

I would love Nalimov coming over to take over #2 but don't expect something like that would occur

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
You wont get more then a 7th round pick or some Ryan Haggerty type prospect for Forsberg at this point

I would love Nalimov coming over to take over #2 but don't expect something like that would occur

No. I get you have your agenda but be realistic. Michael Leighton got a 6th round pick. This puts Forsberg at a late 3rd or 4th round pick.

I like Nalimov as a goalie and he has a decent amount of potential.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
3 years is a long time in goalie years. It's hard to project that far out.

Definitely. It is, however, unusual that so many of the top goalies and current starters will hit free agency over that 2 year span. There are other teams not listed that will have old/garbage goalies hitting free agency then as well.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Definitely. It is, however, unusual that so many of the top goalies and current starters will hit free agency over that 2 year span. There are other teams not listed that will have old/garbage goalies hitting free agency then as well.

Yeah, but what percentage of those goalies/current starters will actually hit free agency? Most will be extended by their current team. Not all, but most.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Yeah, but what percentage of those goalies/current starters will actually hit free agency? Most will be extended by their current team. Not all, but most.

Yeah, that part isn’t so much important as the fact that the price of good goaltending is going to be set higher than it is now. I’m just saying we should keep our options open. If I get to choose now, I’d like one of the goalies in the system to establish themselves, sign a cheaper deal even if short term and then go get Doughty or someone of that calibre. I think 2 years from now, we will need one of 2 things to happen, a superstar from the outside coming in without forcing us to trade anyone important or we hit the lotto with our system and have a ton of guys playing above their cap hit. It’s all speculation at this point, but I’m sure Bowman already has various potential lineups penciled in for the next 3-5 years. Hopefully, we can compliance buyout Seabrook and in that case, it’s open season on everything for us.

LordKOTL

Abuse of Officials
Aug 15, 2014
Pacific NW

I doubt Crawford at 35 will cost that much. Any goaltender in the 35yo age bracket on an expensive contract signed it when they were younger. I figure low-ball it's similar to Ryan miller. High-ball it's similar to Craig Anderson, so somewhere between 2 and 4M (plus any cap inflation)--probably closer to Wards's 3M + cap inflation. Could err high if we don't find a good netminder who will be the next guy, but I don't think Crawford will command 7-8 unless he comes off of a Vezina season, and it's for a single year because the goalie coffers are completely barren.

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
With Crows injuries, in 3 years we better have a new starter pretty close to stepping in.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL

It's always funny to look at lists of free agents a few years out. It's always like, oh man, year 20XX is going to be amazing with these 5 studs available and then by the time that year's free agency starts the biggest free agent is someone like Andrew Laad or Matt Belesky. Generally speaking, most guys that are worth it, resign before hitting UFA.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
It's always funny to look at lists of free agents a few years out. It's always like, oh man, year 20XX is going to be amazing with these 5 studs available and then by the time that year's free agency starts the biggest free agent is someone like Andrew Laad or Matt Belesky. Generally speaking, most guys that are worth it, resign before hitting UFA.
totally agree and the same goes to looking back on draft picks.

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County

This board was so excited with Stamkos not re-signing with tampa mid season only to end up signing with Tampa a day or two before free agency started. Suter, Hossa, and Parise may just remain the biggest UFA signings in recent history.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
i was debating on replying on the idea that Nalimov might come to chi ...... but as the poster said and i caught myself, it is a chance. either way, getting Nalimov is or would be a great move..... however i really like Delia and his last game. he was extremely poise in the net. i would to see more Delia in the coming games. that is of course if CC is out longer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad