Apr 28, 2010
**** it. Let's break up the team!

Trade Price for Varlamov
Budaj for Khabibulin
Gallagher for Nichuskin
Eller+Beaulieu for Tarasenko
Tinordi/Gorges for Belov/Nikitin
Subban+ for Ovechkin
Fire Therrien and hire Kovalev as the new HC.
Then make Emelin the new Captain.

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
he still has a huge ceiling and I'm not calling him a bust, but edmonton is the worst place to be for a guy with this many flaws in his game to improve and learn to be a better player. don't get me wrong, I'm not bashing him, he does have many flaws in his game - mostly the defensive type - but guys his age usually do so that doesn't worry me. what does worry me is that he is in a complete car clown of a team. who's he gonna learn from? they have no defence, no leaders, the GM is a dickwad, the coach thinks he's god's gift to hockey and although he's not not very good, today they traded one of the only guy in that locker room that always gives 100% every shift and constantly goes through walls for his team mates...

frank is like "what the **** are you thinking??? :laugh:

course i'd like yakupov here, always depends on the return. lets just say that these players: beaulieu, subban, price, galchenyuk, pacioretty and gallagher are off the table. which seems to only leave undesirable pieces so..... can't do it

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
With Gagner gone they'll need a top-6 center, and because it's Edmonton they always need a top-4 D. Some combination of prospects/picks would also be involved.

I wouldn't want to trade either Plekanec or Eller so that leaves Desharnais. On the defensive side it's either Gorges or Emelin but Gorges apparently has Edmonton on his list so that leaves Emelin.

Not sure Edmonton would be that interested in a Desharnais/Emelin package though if they are serious about actually building a competitive roster trading quality for quantity is probably the only way and those two would certainly help solidify things for them.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
What do you guys think it'll take to get Nail Yakupov from the Oilers with Josh Gorges part of the deal?

Here are SOME PIECES WE CAN INCLUDE MAYBE:

Josh Gorges
Nathan Beaulieu
Michael Bournival
2nd round picks
Lars Eller

*If your thinkng other players that could be a part of it mention it here!

*These are just pieces that could be included not necessarily an exact offer.

I wouldn't touch Yakupov....he's overrated

PuckSeparator

May 18, 2014
Check Republik
Nail Yakupov is a failed player. He will be in the KHL in the very near future as he lacks too many tools to be a useful player in the NHL. Besides Gorges, I wouldn't give squat for the useless, lazy Russian that doesn't know a lick about playing a responsible game.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
Yakupov - Galchenyuk - Scherbak

~~~~ Believe ~~~~

if Yakupov is the answer, we are asking the wrong questions. After this season we can see, if he stays the same he's well on his was to bustville, if he gets exponentially better the oilers wont be moving him for anything other than a massive overpayment.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
With Gagner gone they'll need a top-6 center, and because it's Edmonton they always need a top-4 D. Some combination of prospects/picks would also be involved.

I wouldn't want to trade either Plekanec or Eller so that leaves Desharnais. On the defensive side it's either Gorges or Emelin but Gorges apparently has Edmonton on his list so that leaves Emelin.

Not sure Edmonton would be that interested in a Desharnais/Emelin package though if they are serious about actually building a competitive roster trading quality for quantity is probably the only way and those two would certainly help solidify things for them.
You wouldn't trade Eller for Yakupov? :biglaugh:

Dagistitsyn

Aug 27, 2011
Nova Scotia
Gorges has no canadian teams on his list. Already been confirmed over and over. He wouldn't waive to go Toronto , why the hell would he for Edmonton?

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Gorges has no canadian teams on his list. Already been confirmed over and over. He wouldn't waive to go Toronto , why the hell would he for Edmonton?
He added a couple Canadian teams today.

Doubt it's Edmonton though.

PuckSeparator

May 18, 2014
Check Republik

Did you not watch the 2014 playoffs? Eller is the kind of player we need more of, not less of. Yakupov in his wildest dreams couldn't do what Eller did this year and I'd even go as far as saying that under this coaching staff he probably would have been benched since defense is a foreign word to Nail. Besides, the road to success for this team is not by subtracting big two-way centers for more one-dimensional smurf wingers.

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013

Yakupov had just as bad a regular season as Eller last year. I believe the Eller we saw in the playoffs, the beginning of this season, the season before is the real Eller. If we give him a chance he's going to be a great player for us. A big 2-way center that can put up 60pts is more valuable than Yakupov who certainly has more potential but is also a much bigger risk.

AntonCH

Jul 6, 2009
EDM needs a center
we may have one laying around
to be a fly on the wall...........

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
Pleks + Georgeous for Yakupov

even with gorges on the way out, I dont see this happening, yakupov's value is about as low as it has ever been. if it gets worse next year, I think the oilers cut bait. if he gets better, demonstrably better, they keep him or flip him for value that would be much higher than plekanec and a guy we are shopping around.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $380.00