Player Discussion Nail Yakupov Talk II - Say something, I'm giving up on you....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton
Nail Yakupov has the hockey sense of a potato. That's why he will never be an effective NHL player.

Sam Gagner has out produced Yakupov constantly. And boy, was he ever the whipping boy.

t0nedeff

Jun 29, 2010
This fanbase is hilarious. Completely ignore the fact that Eberle has played with a combination of Hall, Rnh, Drai, and Poo for the majority of his career and spout the fact that Eberle actually puts up points and than scoff at anything a poster says in regards to Yak's totals being effected by his constant placement with bottom 6 marginal at that players for the majority of his career. Eberle was a blackhole defensively as well as offensively to start this year because he got eased into the game on the third line yet the same posters saying the above are quick to go silent whenever that is brought up. If Eberle hadn't been gifted 30 games with Mcdavid after Connor came back Eberle would probably be struggling to hit 17 goals and 35 points and yet nobody says anything about that.

I've never wanted a player on the Oilers to get traded and just light up the league more than with Yakupov just to rub the **** into managements/coaches/fans faces.

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
This fanbase is hilarious. Completely ignore the fact that Eberle has played with a combination of Hall, Rnh, Drai, and Poo for the majority of his career and spout the fact that Eberle actually puts up points and than scoff at anything a poster says in regards to Yak's totals being effected by his constant placement with bottom 6 marginal at that players for the majority of his career. Eberle was a blackhole defensively as well as offensively to start this year because he got eased into the game on the third line yet the same posters saying the above are quick to go silent whenever that is brought up. If Eberle hadn't been gifted 30 games with Mcdavid after Connor came back Eberle would probably be struggling to hit 17 goals and 35 points and yet nobody says anything about that.

I've never wanted a player on the Oilers to get traded and just light up the league more than with Yakupov just to rub the **** into managements/coaches/fans faces.

Eberle struggling to score 17 goals on the 3rd line (hypothetically) is still better than Yakupov struggling to score 7 (reality).

Why does Yakupovs struggles always come full circle to Eberle? Why does it have to be one or the other? Why attack Eberle (who also has shortcomings) because of where the coach puts Yakupov into the lineup?

Throttlehead

Jan 22, 2014
Victoria B.C.

Then I'm sure every team in the league will recognize his value (your perceived value)? What do you expect for him on trade? Whats he worth?

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary

Eberle has produced just fine without McDavid.

Funk21

Mar 6, 2013
Toronto

Agreed, he was not the player the Oiler should have taken and would be nice to see yet another Oiler player become a success after leaving the city of losers.

The list as I see it:

1.) Dubnyk, has won two thirds of his starts in Minny. Pretty much their MVP.
2.) Petry, gets trade for next to nothing and becomes steading force playing on the top defensive pairing
3.) Schultz, gets run out of town and is a plus player and gaining confidence. Likely reforms his career.

I really thought adding McJesus, Todd and Pete would have had these sad sacks at least sniffing at the playoffs instead same old oilers.

oil Leaks

The Ultimate Decoy
Jul 5, 2011
Eberle has produced just fine without McDavid.

For a guy being paid 6 mil, thats pretty bad.
V8JFcc8.png

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
You never know. I remember when Hemsky wanted out, and then we drafted a couple good players and he wanted to stay. Yakupov wants out, but he wants out of what he was a while ago. Lately he's playing with better players. If Chia ships Eberle out and then tells Yak that we're rolling the dice with him, I bet he takes on that challenge happily, especially if Chiarelli finally addresses the defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad