GDT: N.Y. Rangers at Florida Felines 7pm (BB&T Center)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
Strome as 2C and Hayes on the wing?

I don't understand.

Literally the only way that makes any sense at all is if some team wants to see how Hayes looks at wing.

Deleted member 23124

I don't understand.

Literally the only way that makes any sense at all is if some team wants to see how Hayes looks at wing.
Actually, that makes even less sense. Hayes hasn't been on the wing in years and was a disaster when he did play wing. They must be showcasing Strome.

Reactions: Vinny DeAngelo

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
Actually, that makes even less sense. Hayes hasn't been on the wing in years and was a disaster when he did play wing. They must be showcasing Strome.

Agreed on Hayes being terrible on the wing (small sample size be damned). And I never even considered that Strome could be the guy that they're showcasing; good call.

But I find it difficult to see them voluntarily moving Hayes to the wing without at least a little urging. He is the tastiest trade bait that we have, and putting him in a position to under-perform is a questionable decision. If Strome at C is indeed the main focus of this arrangement, I kind of wish that they had moved Howden to the wing for a bit instead. And Strome's game is more suited to that 3rd line role as well.

We'll see how it all plays out anyway; it may only last a game or less before Quinn re-works it. I'm just glad that we're playing hockey again. Feels like we're waking from hibernation.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
f5a.gif

Me pre-game with the bois.

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
How on earth can they be showcasing the guy the traded for a month ago? Everyone knows what strome is... he was on the market and brought back spooner! The nothing player!

This is 100% about trying to show Hayes on the wing.. it’s easier to sell a deadline addition if they can play multiple positions.

Reactions: Hire Sather

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood
That entire 2015-16 season could be summed up with that Boyle moment. It was the most entertaining part of a very bland season (and they still were a 100 PT team!)

As for tonight, Rangers usually handle the Panthers and play pretty well in Sunrise. Probably win like 4-1.

A truly weird season. It ended so awfully too, his melting point there was icing on the cake, I’ll never stop laughing at that.

Lettieri could do 13 mins at 1C & 30 mins in goal and we’d still win this game 6-3.

Reactions: Skjeikspeare

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
A truly weird season. It ended so awfully too, his melting point there was icing on the cake, I’ll never stop laughing at that.

Lettieri could do 13 mins at 1C & 30 mins in goal and we’d still win this game 6-3.

That season to me was like eating an Elios or America's Choice pizza. It was edible but it was so bland. The team was bland, the performances were bland. The roster wasn't particularly likable.

There have been Rangers teams since the NHL rebooted in 2005 that were much less talented but much more likable than that group. Bland all the way around.

Reactions: Rongomania

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
That season to me was like eating an Elios or America's Choice pizza. It was edible but it was so bland. The team was bland, the performances were bland. The roster wasn't particularly likable.

There have been Rangers teams since the NHL rebooted in 2005 that were much less talented but much more likable than that group. Bland all the way around.

Are you saying this isn’t a cup year?

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
How on earth can they be showcasing the guy the traded for a month ago? Everyone knows what strome is... he was on the market and brought back spooner! The nothing player!

This is 100% about trying to show Hayes on the wing.. it’s easier to sell a deadline addition if they can play multiple positions.

jeez tl;dr

Is DeAngelo playing?

Deleted member 23124

It makes no sense to devalue a player if you're intent on trading him.

The more I thought about it, that line only makes sense if Zibby is playing the wing....Hayes' strength has always been with speedy wingers....can't get faster wings on this team than Kreider and Zibby.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010

I don't understand.

This and also to see how Strome fairs as a top6 center for when Hayes is not around. Probably a good indication that they think Chytil is not ready yet to be that this season.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Are you saying this isn’t a cup year?

As in I like this team better than 15-16? I just might!

None of us are "marks" (if you're not familiar with the use in wrestling terms Google it) when it comes to the Rangers..we're more bickering hipsters ;) But being a fan is all about expectations. You go into a season and appreciate it knowing some years are about development, some are about next step, and some about winning it all.

I really enjoyed watching 05-06, 06-07, and also 10-11 knowing those teams were not about the Cup, but were all fun to watch. 15-16 was the "One Last Kick In The Can " year when everyone and their grandparents knew it was over.

This season hasn't been awful by any means.

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
15-16 was brutal, then we drew Pittsburgh in round 1

16-17 wasn't all that great either but that team still should've been in the conference final. I still think about that Ottawa series in amazemram that we lost...

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood
As in I like this team better than 15-16? I just might!

None of us are "marks" (if you're not familiar with the use in wrestling terms Google it) when it comes to the Rangers..we're more bickering hipsters ;) But being a fan is all about expectations. You go into a season and appreciate it knowing some years are about development, some are about next step, and some about winning it all.

I really enjoyed watching 05-06, 06-07, and also 10-11 knowing those teams were not about the Cup, but were all fun to watch. 15-16 was the "One Last Kick In The Can " year when everyone and their grandparents knew it was over.

This season hasn't been awful by any means.

Definitely ‘hockey hipsters’. I was duped by many of our teams post 2005, we happened to run into some generational scoring talents in the PO’s constantly who crushed all of Hanks dreams. And we never had the firepower to match - ever. This year has been just as pleasant if not more to me as when I was a hopeful, foolish younger person.

Man, those years were awesome, and I still think (and say here often) if any of those teams ever managed to squeeze past WAS or PIT, we would’ve taken the Hawks, no doubt in my mind. We always had their number when they were at their best.

Totally into all of these younger players we’re currently developing. It’s a nice change and I hope it all goes well and we get back to a better version of the good old days.

Reactions: Skjeikspeare
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad