Value of: N. Scherbak

hilarnat

Jun 17, 2017
As said before, I'd rather lose Chaput or DLR to waivers prior to Scherbak.
Beaudin or Jokiharju? Probably out of reach even if MTL add a 2nd.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Scherbak vs one these guys (habs could add depending on the player)

-Brendan Guhle (Buff)
-Nicolas Beaudin or Jokiharju (Chi)
-Josh Mahura (Ana)
- Carrick (Toronto)

I dont get it, Carrick is complete trash compared to the other guys. I wouldnt't even pick him up off waivers.

I would move Scherbak for Mahura or Jokiharju in a heartbeat. Theres no way they'd get traded tho. Id also move him for Guhle, Honka or Beaudin, i'd even throw in another piece.

Don't care about Goldobin.

Last edited:

ThatsSoSlavin

Aug 23, 2018
He’s probably worth more to the Habs than he’s get on the trade market, especially now, you can’t wait until the trade deadline and hopefully he produces and you’ll get something but if I were MB (and I’m glad I’m not) I’d hold onto him

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
I would do Scherbak for Honka or Guhle. The lack of Buffalo and Dallas fans in this thread is not very encouraging though.

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site
Scherbak has 2 goals in 3 games this pre-season and he's good on PP.... he will start the season in MTL.

But, if traded Scherbak to ANA for Jacob Larsson would be interesting, I guess.

Last edited:

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Scherbak
Shaw
Benn

For

Ritchie
Larsson

Pretty terrible for Anaheim. No reason to take Shaw's contract, no need for Benn, and both those young pieces are more valuable than Scherbak.

Also the Ducks haven't drafted, signed or traded for any young Russian skater during Murray's tenure...so he may be the least likely GM in the league to give up a good young D for Scherbak.

If there was any interest in Scherbak alone, I doubt the offer would be more than a mid round pick.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
Scherbak vs one these guys (habs could add depending on the player)

-Brendan Guhle (Buff)
-Nicolas Beaudin or Jokiharju (Chi)
-Josh Mahura (Ana)
- Carrick (Toronto)

Today I saw Guhle and Carrick placed in the same category. Won't speAK on other teams involved. Boy that's disingenuous

Reactions: BabyPanda

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Julius Honka? :dunno:
Stars pass. Scherbak isn’t an established top 6 player, which is what we need. We have plenty of borderline guys.

I am aware that Honka will not return a top 6 forward on his own, he would be a part of a package for said player.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Stars pass. Scherbak isn’t an established top 6 player, which is what we need. We have plenty of borderline guys.

I am aware that Honka will not return a top 6 forward on his own, he would be a part of a package for said player.

That's like an hfboards cliche nowadays: I'll hang on to this borderline NHLer right here in hopes to package him for an established top 6 player. It just doesn't happen.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
That's like an hfboards cliche nowadays: I'll hang on to this borderline NHLer right here in hopes to package him for an established top 6 player. It just doesn't happen.

Okay, we’ll just hang on to Honka then. Definitely not going to move him for Scherbak.

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
Using a waiver wire player to acquire another player with no such rule is not something habs fans don't love doing? This is new to me.

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
loved the kid at the draft.....every one knew he was very raw and would need a bit more time than most. sadly he can no longer be protected. just whish there was a spot for him on the pen's....but it doesn't seem like we are the team to develop him. imo

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,217.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $400.00