Value of: Myers +

DRC

WestJet
Feb 23, 2015
Vancouver Island
Fayne at 3.6 for two more years is a killer, but it is made up for by the rest Davidson/Reinhart + 2017 1st. Currently need to go 4D & 4F at expansion draft. Trading Myers or Enstrom allows us to protect 3D & 6F (which is a huge difference).

For that reason alone, I do the deal and take my chances on the best of Davidson/Reinhart + 1st + Fayne (1.0 retained) for Myers

I'm not too concerned. Schief, Wheeler, Little, Perreault, Ehlers, Connor, Laine would all still be protected after protecting 4D. Also we have all year to see who shines this season before making a decision.
Edit: As long as Ehlers is still exempt

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville
I'm not too concerned. Schief, Wheeler, Little, Perreault, Ehlers, Connor, Laine would all still be protected after protecting 4D. Also we have all year to see who shines this season before making a decision.

Rather than losing one of Dano, Arniel or Lowry, I'd trade Myers for the above package, and be able to protect our remaining essential D & F's PLUS the above three prospect/players.

Losing Burmi isn't any loss, but I do consider losing one of Dano, Arniel or Lowry as significant

mazmin

Wig like a mink skin, soft like Twinkie dough
May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
Losing Burmi isn't any loss, but I do consider losing one of Dano, Arniel or Lowry as significant

Scott Arniel :laugh: 1991 called to say you meant Armia. Thanks for the memory though!

Back to the topic, Myers has a good amount of value being a RHD and having some great wheels and size. I haven't seen the right offer presented yet.... Davidson and a 1st from Edmonton was probably closest but it seems like a trade for the sake of a trade for Winnipeg and Chevy isn't that kind of GM.

Gump Hasek

Spleen Merchant
Nov 9, 2005
222 Tudor Terrace

Yes, Ehlers is exempt. The Jets are far better off keeping a top-4 D like Myers by protecting 4 D as you stated as a part of the 8 skaters & 1G rule. They can easily afford to lose a bottom-6 forward and will seamlessly replace that loss in-house.

Top-4 D>> bottom-6 F, and especially given that the Jets have forwards galore and more in the pipeline.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I think the jets probably take the deal if its yak, reinhart, 2nd and 3rd for myers.
thats quite the overpay

I wouldn't say it's an overpay unless Chevy is high on both Yak and Reinhart. That said Myers is coming off of some significant surgeries so like it or not his value wouldn't be as high as if he had played 40 games post surgery and shown that he is back to 100%.

Davidson has had his moments hasn't he? If I recall correctly he's had a few injuries which have delayed his development

Sure has, he took a huge step forward last season. However while you hear the LOLReinhart stuff, IMO Griff will be a solid defenseman for us and we also have Nurse, Klefbom and Sekera that are LHD. Sekera has a NMC, Klefbom for Myers would mean that our best LHD is now gone and I'd like to keep and develop Nurse and Reinhart. If we moved Davidson + for Myers:

Klefbom-Larsson
Reinhart-Myers
Nurse-Sekera

If Reinhart or Nurse isn't ready for 2nd pairing then:

Klefbom-Larsson
Sekera-Myers
Reinhart/Nurse-Gryba?
Musil/veteran as our #7

Nurse/Reinhart in the AHL

Fayne at 3.6 for two more years is a killer, but it is made up for by the rest Davidson/Reinhart + 2017 1st. Currently need to go 4D & 4F at expansion draft. Trading Myers or Enstrom allows us to protect 3D & 6F (which is a huge difference).

For that reason alone, I do the deal and take my chances on the best of Davidson/Reinhart + 1st + Fayne (1.0 retained) for Myers

It'd be a lot to give up for us actually (minus Fayne but $1 million AAV is no an easy pill to swallow) but Myers would solve a lot of problems for us for sure.

Hardly an overpay, its a bunch of crap to be honest and I doubt the Jets would even consider it

That would depend on your GM's opinion. Reinhart and Davidson are not crap, neither is our 1st round pick. Yak may or may not thrive in a new environment, if he did then this trade would probably be lopsided in your favor.

Scott Arniel :laugh: 1991 called to say you meant Armia. Thanks for the memory though!

Back to the topic, Myers has a good amount of value being a RHD and having some great wheels and size. I haven't seen the right offer presented yet.... Davidson and a 1st from Edmonton was probably closest but it seems like a trade for the sake of a trade for Winnipeg and Chevy isn't that kind of GM.

It'd be a salary clearing and possibly expansion draft preparing move. If the idea is to keep Trouba and salary needed to be moved out to do so this trade could make sense minus the Fayne addition I suppose.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
There was that talk from Dregger last year that Toby did come up. Realistically I see both him and Myers on the team this year if not just to raise their value(surgeries),but that's what the trade board's for. I guess all I'd find for them on here is spare parts. Ah well. First thread in the books. Is it September yet?

Don't fret these trade boards are usually where bargain hunters love to bring out their trash.

mrinsane

Dec 8, 2005
Tyler Myers could be a nice pickup the Habs we must send Petry somewhere else.

Dumpster Flyers

Jun 21, 2006
It wouldn't surprise me if the Jets already have a deal in place for Myers pending a successful recovery and physical, and are waiting to lock up Trouba until it goes through.

I'm hoping the Flyers are in the mix, because a big RHD would balance out their defense out nicely. A deal around Del Zotto for Myers makes some sense, but I'd imagine the Flyers would first try to pawn off Streit or MacDonald, paired with a good prospect/pick.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Pretty much the same difference? in the 8+1 you're pretty much protecting 4 Forwards 4 Defenseman and 1 Goalie as i see it. so it comes down to pretty much the same thing.

yeah but by saying 4+4+1 you're saying a team can't go 3+5+1 which they can. Not sure if anyone would do it but both the Isles and Wild have 5 D that'd you really want to protect so it's a possibility.

USE Fi

Sep 20, 2007
Home
Pretty much the same difference? in the 8+1 you're pretty much protecting 4 Forwards 4 Defenseman and 1 Goalie as i see it. so it comes down to pretty much the same thing.

yeah but by saying 4+4+1 you're saying a team can't go 3+5+1 which they can. Not sure if anyone would do it but both the Isles and Wild have 5 D that'd you really want to protect so it's a possibility.

This is what i was after also, its 8+1

Gump Hasek

Spleen Merchant
Nov 9, 2005
222 Tudor Terrace
You're only losing one player regardless. So it depends on weather you think your 4th best Dman is more valuable than your 5th best forward or not.

Not really; the Jets have several young forwards that are exempt from the expansion draft. As such, they can protect 4 D at the risk of losing a bottom-6 forward - one that is easily and seamlessly replaceable in-house by any of the myriad of other forwards they own.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Not really; the Jets have several young forwards that are exempt from the expansion draft. As such, they can protect 4 D at the risk of losing a bottom-6 forward - one that is easily and seamlessly replaceable in-house by any of the myriad of other forwards they own.

pretty obvious they meant 4th best non-exempt D or 5th best non exempt forward. Just because they didn't put the "non-exempt" quantifier in there you could still understand the gist of the post. Which was it's not a choice between 3 forwards and 1 defenceman just 1 of those 3 forwards(likely your 5th best non exempt forward) or the 4th best non exempt defenceman.

Gump Hasek

Spleen Merchant
Nov 9, 2005
222 Tudor Terrace
pretty obvious they meant 4th best non-exempt D or 5th best non exempt forward. Just because they didn't put the "non-exempt" quantifier in there you could still understand the gist of the post. Which was it's not a choice between 3 forwards and 1 defenceman just 1 of those 3 forwards(likely your 5th best non exempt forward) or the 4th best non exempt defenceman.

That choice is pretty dang obvious for the Jets; top-4 D are much more valuable to Winnipeg versus easily replaceable bottom-6 forwards.

The competition for a forward spot in Winnipeg this coming season is ridiculous, it has never been higher. There are a ton of guys chasing a few open spots.

McDLT

I'm a style boy for life
Mar 1, 2016
Calgary

I Agree. It should be pretty obvious to everyone.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax

No deal to be had . The way Davidson played last year I want to hold on to him to see if he can keep it up or improve . If he does either I would not trade him straight up for Myers let alone add a 1st and Fayne .

Fayne most fans consider a cap dump and while he may never live up to his contract he played well after being recalled . The word is Fayne came to camp out of shape and played terrible , guess he did not like the Ahl as he spent the whole summer training hard ( According to his agent ) If he comes into camp in great shape and plays like he did the last part of the year I think we would just keep him . I would offer the 1st + something small for a 2nd and Myers . Don't want to have no pick next year in the first 2 rds .

johna2626

Aug 19, 2015
Atlanta
It wouldn't surprise me if the Jets already have a deal in place for Myers pending a successful recovery and physical, and are waiting to lock up Trouba until it goes through.

I'm hoping the Flyers are in the mix, because a big RHD would balance out their defense out nicely. A deal around Del Zotto for Myers makes some sense, but I'd imagine the Flyers would first try to pawn off Streit or MacDonald, paired with a good prospect/pick.

There would need to be a pretty big add from the Flyers. Don't need to trade Myers and no sense in downgrading just to get a LHD

trebendan

Aug 13, 2010
Suppose the Jets sign Trouba and Myers is healthy, would the Leafs trade Marincin, Valiev and a 2nd for Myers?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad