Value of: Myers +

DRC

WestJet
Feb 23, 2015
Vancouver Island
If I was Chevy and I had to choose Trouba or Myers to trade, I trade Myers. He is coming off knee and hip surgery so let's assume he's healthy. What's his value today? It's widely known jets fans want a legit LD. Also remember we have a glut of forward prospects and Toby Enstrom. Maybe there's a trade out there to be had. Laine, Connor, Ehlers, Morrissey are off the table.
Edit What's Toby Enstrom's value?

Last edited:

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Not worth Myers+ but Dillon for a 2nd or 3rd+prospect could be something that could be done. He's not really a legit LHD but he's a good 4/5D

DRC

WestJet
Feb 23, 2015
Vancouver Island
Wait you need lhd so you would trade enstrom?

Enstrom is aging. Has a few years left on his contract at 6 I believe. He is still very serviceable. The thing is Morrissey is his likely successor. Smaller agile lefty with tons of iq and I think he's ready. Personally I think Trouba Buff - Morrissey Myers is a fine top 4 moving forward. But the problem is there's doubt about if Trouba is cool playing the left moving forward. Also I don't think jets brass wants 2 smaller skill d in the lineup as of right now.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Assuming that Myers is healthy, would Winnipeg take Davidson or Reinhart + Fayne (Edmonton retains $1 million AAV) and Edmonton's 1st round pick in 2017 (top 5 protected)?

Naturally this only works if Winnipeg is high on one of the LHD that is offered up. I'd offer Yak up if he was of interest instead of Fayne but I'd then drop the pick to a 2nd and 3rd or a 2nd and a prospect since we'd still be stuck with the entirety of Fayne's contract.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Assuming that Myers is healthy, would Winnipeg take Davidson or Reinhart + Fayne (Edmonton retains $1 million AAV) and Edmonton's 1st round pick in 2017 (top 5 protected)?

Naturally this only works if Winnipeg is high on one of the LHD that is offered up. I'd offer Yak up if he was of interest instead of Fayne but I'd then drop the pick to a 2nd and 3rd or a 2nd and a prospect since we'd still be stuck with the entirety of Fayne's contract.

I think the jets probably take the deal if its yak, reinhart, 2nd and 3rd for myers.
thats quite the overpay

DRC

WestJet
Feb 23, 2015
Vancouver Island

Davidson has had his moments hasn't he? If I recall correctly he's had a few injuries which have delayed his development

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
I think the jets probably take the deal if its yak, reinhart, 2nd and 3rd for myers.
thats quite the overpay

Yak has no spot in the roster. Reinhart is pretty much the same. A pick, yay.

That is not an overpay for a top 4 defenseman averaging over 22 minutes per game. That's a bunch of unneeded, maybe even unwanted assets for something we actually need.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Detroit Red Wings-Tyler Myers

Winnipeg Jets- Tomas Tatar+Brendan Smith

The cap equal's out for both Detroit and Winnipeg. Winnipeg resigns Trouba and Trouba gets his top 4 spot on the right side plus a LHD bottom pairing guy in Smith.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
thats quite the overpay

It really isn't an overpay at all in terms of being an attractive offer for the Jets, basically a bag of spare parts for a top 4 dman. Yakupov doesn't fit any need for them at all.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I don't think Winnipeg would be in any panic to move Myers and it would have to be for a top 4 LHD coming back not a bottom pairing asset or forward IMO at least. Anything less than our righty for your lefty and I think they just happily stay put, he's a good player and even better teammate (the latter part is something TNSE seems to overvalue).

Enstrom has a full no move no trade so he's staying put.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
If I was Chevy and I had to choose Trouba or Myers to trade, I trade Myers. He is coming off knee and hip surgery so let's assume he's healthy. What's his value today? It's widely known jets fans want a legit LD. Also remember we have a glut of forward prospects and Toby Enstrom. Maybe there's a trade out there to be had. Laine, Connor, Ehlers, Morrissey are off the table.
Edit What's Toby Enstrom's value?

I will probably take a full year for Myers to prove he is healthy and productive.
He has had a major surgery so I can see teams staying far away for a while...

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
:sarcasm:
Detroit Red Wings-Tyler Myers

Winnipeg Jets- Tomas Tatar+Brendan Smith

The cap equal's out for both Detroit and Winnipeg. Winnipeg resigns Trouba and Trouba gets his top 4 spot on the right side plus a LHD bottom pairing guy in Smith.

No need for Tatar. Defense only as a return, please.

GTHLDad

Dec 15, 2009
I will probably take a full year for Myers to prove he is healthy and productive.
He has had a major surgery so I can see teams staying far away for a while...
This!

Saying assume he's healthy completely removes the discussion from reality, as not a single GM would make such an assumption.

DRC

WestJet
Feb 23, 2015
Vancouver Island
I don't think Winnipeg would be in any panic to move Myers and it would have to be for a top 4 LHD coming back not a bottom pairing asset or forward IMO at least. Anything less than our righty for your lefty and I think they just happily stay put, he's a good player and even better teammate (the latter part is something TNSE seems to overvalue).

Enstrom has a full no move no trade so he's staying put.

There was that talk from Dregger last year that Toby did come up. Realistically I see both him and Myers on the team this year if not just to raise their value(surgeries),but that's what the trade board's for. I guess all I'd find for them on here is spare parts. Ah well. First thread in the books. Is it September yet?

Last edited:

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville

Fayne at 3.6 for two more years is a killer, but it is made up for by the rest Davidson/Reinhart + 2017 1st. Currently need to go 4D & 4F at expansion draft. Trading Myers or Enstrom allows us to protect 3D & 6F (which is a huge difference).

For that reason alone, I do the deal and take my chances on the best of Davidson/Reinhart + 1st + Fayne (1.0 retained) for Myers

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Fayne at 3.6 for two more years is a killer, but it is made up for by the rest Davidson/Reinhart + 2017 1st. Currently need to go 4D & 4F at expansion draft. Trading Myers or Enstrom allows us to protect 3D & 6F (which is a huge difference).

7 forwards.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad