My wild night out with Leetch. LoL

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
Funny line I forgot
Leetch phone rings it someone from nhl offices
Hey you ok ? Your very late ..

Leetch I hope so they put me in a car with a islander fan and guy is nuts ..be there soon I hope ok bye,

2 mins later cell rings and he goes ha I was just kidding no I am ok lol

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: that's great!!

Thanks for sharing all of this Goon. You the man!! :yo::handclap:

Dagoon44

Sep 15, 2003
NJ
dagoon44.blogspot.com
+1

Thanks as always Dagoon. Classic stuff.

Don't tell me you don't relish the chance to make us all a little jealous, eh?
Never guys I post my signings all over the place I want fans there,, I loved last night he was the greatest home grown ranger ever saw his career bloom in front of my eyes

SupersonicMonkey*

Very jealous! Awesome stuff, Goon. I love Leetch, and reading this stuff makes me more proud to be a fan of his.

I hope he writes a book one day.

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia
This is one of times that you take out the old wedding suit!!!,

It's nice to see a different side to Leetch's personality. He rarely looks very comfortable on TV and therefore comes across as a little staid so these pics are really great!

Brief Candle

Hank's Forehead Sweat
Jan 30, 2010
New Jersey
rocklandmusic.com
Wake me up when cloning is no longer morally questionable. :sarcasm: Honestly though, I wonder how some of our old favorites would do in the league today. I could see Leetch either scoring 50 goals a year or being in a Redden situation.

Anyhow, that is completely besides the point. You are one lucky *******! He will always be one of my favorite players of all time, and it's nice to know he spent the time even when he didn't have to.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Whelp my opinion of Leetch just dropped

e: that's harsh but purely from a coaching your team perspective it makes absolutely no sense to bring in a guy who has never coached before at any level and say "here you go!" even if he is a legend for the team. You can't run a team like it's a good old boys club or you end up like the Oilers are right now. Messier hasn't paid his dues to just be handed a coaching spot.

Tons of respect for Messier and Leetch but being buddies with someone doesn't mean they're infallible.

Meh, it didn't for me. Leetch is one of the greatest defensemen of all time. He works within the Rangers organization. He knows more about what goes on within the org. than any of us ever will. I also believe that his opinion as one of the GOAT defenseman holds more weight than any one else's opinion. If he believed Messier would have been a good coach then it certainly changes my opinion of Messier ever coming to the Rangers to coach.

Btw, Congrats Dagoon. That is a such an outstanding appearance.

Pizza

Sep 17, 2005
This is one of times that you take out the old wedding suit!!!,

It's nice to see a different side to Leetch's personality. He rarely looks very comfortable on TV and therefore comes across as a little staid so these pics are really great!

This post nails it.

Thanks again Dagoon for sharing this. Very special.

Kudos to Leetch as well. I'm going to assume he knew we would all be seeing and reading this stuff. Very nice of him to let his hair down (so to speak) for all of us to see.

rvdnsx

Jun 30, 2003
This post nails it.

Thanks again Dagoon for sharing this. Very special.

Kudos to Leetch as well. I'm going to assume he knew we would all be seeing and reading this stuff. Very nice of him to let his hair down (so to speak) for all of us to see.

Umm, let his hair down?

abev

Sep 30, 2005
NY
www.fakepuppy.com
Says rangers look great but made a huge mistake passing on messier as a coach.. There was a lot more to this but I can't make it public

Since I wasn't there can I say it? Messier demanded two assistants that had zero NHL coaching experience. And one of the assistants may or may not have been Brian Leetch.

How close am I?

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
The media reported that Messier was going to have Leetch manage the defense if Messier was hired to fill the head coaching vacancy.

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia
Umm, "so to speak".

Exactly, between the phone call story and the funny pics, it's great to see an exuberant personality come through especially with a fan wearing a Philly tuxedo. I don't know Leetch, so the best part of this whole story is to see a witty sense of humor and a very charming personal side to him. This doesn't come across on tv.

Giglio NYR15

Section 417
Jun 1, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
Idk where to put this story but Dagoons pic reminded me of it. Thursday night at start of 2nd period I met dylan mcllrath in the bathroom. He was in the bathroom right by the bridges press area and my blue seats are right there. I double taked at him and he looked at me and laughed, and I said holy sh&% youre dylan mcllrath. He laughed and said Yea. I then went on to curse about him effin up flyers and said sorry to talk to you while youre at a urinal, id shake your hand but I just went to bathroom LOL (too much beer) He was pretty cool though and I wished him luck for rest of year and said have a good offseason and camp next year. He will probably never forget me as that drunk idiot he met in the 14'playoffs

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Whelp my opinion of Leetch just dropped

e: that's harsh but purely from a coaching your team perspective it makes absolutely no sense to bring in a guy who has never coached before at any level and say "here you go!" even if he is a legend for the team. You can't run a team like it's a good old boys club or you end up like the Oilers are right now. Messier hasn't paid his dues to just be handed a coaching spot.

Tons of respect for Messier and Leetch but being buddies with someone doesn't mean they're infallible.

You can run the good ol boys club if it's going to be with the 2/3 guys fighting for the Conn Smythe within the 1994 Rangers Cup Championship as opposed to the 4th liners and 3rd pair guys that worked hard to ride their coattails.

Krams

Feb 13, 2012
Really cool you got to hang out with Bryan Leach. Couldn't be more jealous. Looks like you had a great time. He make any comparisons to the '94 team? I can't imagine he would think that a team this small and soft could've stood up to Scott Stevens and the Devils LOL.

Fanned On It

Dec 20, 2011
New York
Idk where to put this story but Dagoons pic reminded me of it. Thursday night at start of 2nd period I met dylan mcllrath in the bathroom. He was in the bathroom right by the bridges press area and my blue seats are right there. I double taked at him and he looked at me and laughed, and I said holy sh&% youre dylan mcllrath. He laughed and said Yea. I then went on to curse about him effin up flyers and said sorry to talk to you while youre at a urinal, id shake your hand but I just went to bathroom LOL (too much beer) He was pretty cool though and I wished him luck for rest of year and said have a good offseason and camp next year. He will probably never forget me as that drunk idiot he met in the 14'playoffs

Nah, he'll probably forget you.

:sarcasm:

Anyway. Sweet stories but grammar, dude! It helps all of us!

beef 4 lunch

Jan 24, 2011
I met Leetch at a bar in Nantucket a couple summers ago. He was the most chill guy. Just hanging out drinking after dinner. He was in rare form, as was my wife and I. We took a few selfies, chatted about hockey and fishing. A few months later, I see him in the north end in Boston having dinner at the same place as my wife and I. As I was leaving the I tapped him on the shoulder and showed him the Nantucket pic on my phone....he started cracking up and gave me a first pump.

Nice guy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad