My Pens "All-Time" dream line-up!

Pokeczech

Sep 3, 2010
This team would CRUSH!
Wish I could see this line-up against other team's best-ever.

Moved a couple positions to fit guys, and so many other excellent players(Cullen, Mullen, Straka, Morozov, Quinn, Pronovost, Carlyle, to name a few) had made this a hard choice.

But this, would be my all time Pens team to ice... A couple guys on the 4th are before my time...I remember their names, but was too young to remember their play, plus the tv only got Leaf games back then, until the playoffs :) but I'm sure you can't go wrong with them, so I included them as well, to encompass the early days.

First line:
Kevin Stevens Mario Lemieux Jaromir Jagr

2nd:
Mark Recchi Evgeni Malkin James Neal

3rd:
Chris Kunitz Sidney Crosby Rick Tocchet

4th:
Rick Kehoe Ron Francis Syl Apps

and on the D:
Paul Coffey Kris Letang
Larry Murphy Sergei Gonchar
Kevin Hatcher Sergei Zubov

PP:
Malkin Lemieux Crosby
Coffey Letang
!!!

If there's an NHL heaven to go to(like Field Of Dreams), I'm requesting this! :yo:

sf expat71

Nov 10, 2008
Atlantic Ocean
Jags has to be on the pp no? Also what everyone said about Ulfie. And for goalies, we have two potential soft goal allowing head cases in MAF and Barrasso.

Jules Winnfield

Fleurymanbad
Mar 19, 2010
Watching Coffey play with Letang on ES would be LOL... We'd have no one playing defense and then Coffey or Letang would be racing back every play to break up what the other team was trying to do.

:laugh:

Oh and **** Kevin Hatcher. He was ****ing awful. I'd take Ulf or Kasparaitis all day over him.

ObsessedCreative*

This team would CRUSH!

Moved a couple positions to fit guys, and so many other excellent players(Cullen, Mullen, Straka, Morozov, Quinn, Pronovost, Carlyle, to name a few) had made this a hard choice.

But this, would be my all time Pens team to ice... A couple guys on the 4th are before my time...I remember their names, but was too young to remember their play, plus the tv only got Leaf games back then, until the playoffs :) but I'm sure you can't go wrong with them, so I included them as well, to encompass the early days.

First line:

2nd:

3rd:

4th:

and on the D:
Paul Coffey Kris Letang

PP:
Malkin Lemieux Crosby
Coffey Letang
!!!

If there's an NHL heaven to go to(like Field Of Dreams), I'm requesting this! :yo:
ummmm WTF are these players doing on this type of roster... :shakehead

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
Would sub Jagr for Sid on the PP. On the other hand, on the 91 team, Jagr and Francis weren't even on the first PP unit (Recchi and Stevens).

No Hatcher - I'd take Kaspar instead. Carlyle was overrated, but he was still better than Hatcher. Apps was a center. It may be a bit premature for Neal, but he could be there in a few years. And I'd put Burrows on D over Hatcher or Letang (if it's really a team, you'd have to have one D who actually played D).

Rob Scuderi

Sep 3, 2009
Kevin Stevens - Mario Lemieux- Jaromir Jagr
Evgeni Malkin - Sidney Crosby - Jean Pronovost
Martin Straka - Ron Francis- Rick Kehoe
Chris Kunitz - Syl Apps Jr. - Mark Recchi
Alexei Kovalev, Lowell MacDonald/James Neal, (Ron Schock if you want a checker and HM to Joe Mullen)

Paul Coffey- Larry Murphy
Dave Burrows - Ron Stackhouse
Randy Carlyle - Ulf Samuelsson
Sergei Gonchar/Kris Letang

Tom Barrasso
Marc-Andre Fleury

We don't have enough LWs so I cheated putting Malkin there.

ummmm WTF are these players doing on this type of roster... :shakehead

Neal and Kunitz aren't crazy choices for 4th line or press boxers, look how thin our LWs are. Same with Letang and 3rd pair or the press box.

Last edited:

TheBeardofJustice

May 8, 2013
New Jersey
This team would CRUSH!

First line:

2nd:

3rd:

4th:

and on the D:
Paul Coffey Kris Letang

PP:
Malkin Lemieux Crosby
Coffey Letang
!!!

Letang on the powerplay instead of Gonch. Good lord.

tread102

Mar 17, 2008
Only current guys that should be on that roster is Crosby and Malkin, and Fleury. Fleury is a head case now, but again its a fantasy so you are getting MAF during his 2 cup runs.

If your making the team, and the players are in their prime, and not when the played for the pens, then there is alot of guys that have to be on that list. Trottier would have to be on it, even though when he was here, it was during the tail end of his career. Same with Joey Mullen. Luc Robitaille is another HOF. I'd put Kovalev on as well.

Point is we have had a lot of offensive talent come through the burgh the last 25 years.

ds246pit

Dec 21, 2006
I like these type of threads, i would counter with this though:

Stevens-Lemieux-Jagr
Tocchet-Crosby-Malkin
Kovalev-Francis-Naslund
Muller-Trottier-Recchi
Neal

Murphy-Coffey
U.Samuelsson-Letang
Kaspariatis-Zubov
K.Samuelsson

Barrasso
Fleury
Vokoun

It is a more modern line-up but imo none of the Penguins of old are "elite" or "natural" talents that could handle this generation of athletes.

The problem with this line-up is the 4th line is smaller and some players are out of their natural positions.

Also if you are just looking at guys who were Penguins are one time Luc Robitaille needs to be on this team!

tinkezione

Butcher's Dog
Jul 22, 2013
Nicosia, Cyprus
This kind of threads are usually full of silliness, so here goes for a silly amount of 11-7 games:

Stevens-Lemieux-Jagr
Tocchet-Malkin-Neal
Recchi-Crosby-Kovalev
Kunitz-Francis-Kehoe

Coffey-Murphy
Gonchar-Zubov
U.Samuelsson-Letang

Barrasso
Fleury

PP1:
Lemieux-Crosby-Jagr
Coffey-Malkin

PP2:
Stevens-Francis-Neal
Gonchar-Kovalev

ZapRowsdower13

Ticklish Tummy Tumx2
Mar 2, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
Some where Jiri Slegr and Ian Moran are crying a little bit. Solid team other than havin Hatcher on the team. Crosby on line 3 puzzels me a bit but I guess line 4 could be the shut down?

ds246pit

Dec 21, 2006
I think a line of LeClair-Iginla-Guerin should happen as well. That would be a fun power-forward line.

Also what about a Malkin-Crosby-Hossa line or Robitaille-Lemieux-Jagr?

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Stevens Lemieux Jagr
Recchi Crosby Malkin
Straka Lang Kovalev
Tocchet Francis Kehoe

Crafton

Liver-Eating Johnson
May 6, 2010
San Francisco