My hopes for the XFL

Big Z Man 1990

Jun 4, 2011
Don't say anything at all
I hope the XFL one day becomes as popular as the NFL, but playing a spring schedule.

7 XFL teams are located in NFL markets.

To truly become a force, it would need to add more teams in appropriately sized markets that don't have an NFL team. They can keep the 7 NFL market teams they already have.

If the XFL were to become the spring equivalent of the NFL, it would need stadiums with larger capacities or in some cases start using all seats available at the stadiums currently being used.

I feel that expansion teams would in most cases need to build a new stadium. Like if the XFL wanted a team in Sacramento. No stadium currently there is appropriate for the league.

I see the XFL as the best chance of bringing major pro football to other markets without NFL teams of their own.

This is because if the NFL were to expand it would ruin the perfectly good schedule formula they have had in place since 2002, notwithstanding the proposal to expand beyond 16 games (16 games of each team's schedule would still be determined by said formula, with an 18 game schedule you could incorporate more games at Non-NFL stadiums as well as make many regional matchups that are not divisional annual affairs).

13 others

Apr 18, 2007
The XFL sold for only $15 million. I don't think many people care about it.

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
I hope the XFL one day becomes as popular as the NFL, but playing a spring schedule.

But why?

7 XFL teams are located in NFL markets.

To truly become a force, it would need to add more teams in appropriately sized markets that don't have an NFL team. They can keep the 7 NFL market teams they already have.

So to become as popular as the NFL, they will...focus on small markets that don't have NFL? Yeah, that'll work.

If the XFL were to become the spring equivalent of the NFL, it would need stadiums with larger capacities or in some cases start using all seats available at the stadiums currently being used.

I feel that expansion teams would in most cases need to build a new stadium. Like if the XFL wanted a team in Sacramento. No stadium currently there is appropriate for the league.

Who the hell is going to build a 65,000 seat stadium for XFL?

I see the XFL as the best chance of bringing major pro football to other markets without NFL teams of their own.

This is because if the NFL were to expand it would ruin the perfectly good schedule formula they have had in place since 2002, notwithstanding the proposal to expand beyond 16 games (16 games of each team's schedule would still be determined by said formula, with an 18 game schedule you could incorporate more games at Non-NFL stadiums as well as make many regional matchups that are not divisional annual affairs).

17 games was already approved.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad