My friend met Dave Hakstol in Stockholm

AdamParrot

Mar 10, 2015
Hello, guys.. I think this is interesting..

My friend from our Czech/Slovakia hockey forum, fan of Flyers, met Dave Hakstol yesterday in one Stockholm's pub. He has a photo too, but I can't share that photo.

Of course, I asked my friend what about they talked. They talked about Flyers of course, Hakstol said that Philadelphia is great city and has great future.

BUT HE SAID THIS TOO....

In Philadelphia did not have the patience.

So funny. He coached 277 games + 12 games in play-off!!! And he said this! Flyers hadn't the patience! Oh my god... :laugh::laugh::help:

Audible Velvet

Jul 9, 2015
Philthadelphia
Oh boy, to be in your friend's shoes...
I'm sure Hak wouldn't be 100% forthright and revealing, but this sure helps confirm stuff.
Good god, what a dolt. Keep trying, you snotty ball bag! Back to school indeed.
I sincerely hope he gets hired by another NHL team.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
What did he have, the 4th most games in team history?

I guess it depends, because you do have to account for Hextall needing to spend 2 and a half years getting out from Holmgren's shit. But Fletcher apparently feels with cutting Weise and Lehtera that more could've been done to improve the team.

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
What did he have, the 4th most games in team history?

I guess it depends, because you do have to account for Hextall needing to spend 2 and a half years getting out from Holmgren's ****. But Fletcher apparently feels with cutting Weise and Lehtera that more could've been done to improve the team.

Cutting Weise, Weal and Lahtera is great, but who has he replaced them with? Phil Varone

Reactions: Curufinwe

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Cutting Weise, Weal and Lahtera is great, but who has he replaced them with? Phil Varone
Varone is at least a guy who earned a shot, he was MVP of the AHL last year. Yeah, it's annoying, but he's playing less than 8 minutes a game and Weise was playing 12 and Lehtera was still at 10 (I know, not much more than 8, but Varone already passed him). I think one angle they're playing is that when guys are called up and put on the 4th line, they're playing with a guy on their line they're familiar with. At the time he was called up, it was fine for that purpose.

magnumpi

Roger got goofy with Cancer
Apr 22, 2018
Philadelphia doesn't have any patience.

Doesn't mean I support Dave Hakstol in any form.

But he did not make an inaccurate statement.

Very quick to become negative and spread doubt.
I saw people calling Carter Hart a bust after 5 games.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
Philadelphia doesn't have any patience.

Doesn't mean I support Dave Hakstol in any form.

But he did not make an inaccurate statement.

Very quick to become negative and spread doubt.
I saw people calling Carter Hart a bust after 5 games.
Yes he did. Eagles went how long under Andy Reid? Trust the process. Too long with Hakstol. How long have the Phillies been fielding an inferior team?
Fans have made a fuss during these but they didn’t flat out go ape shit.
Philly has patience, when patience is due.
Hakstol has his time, and then some.

Branko

Jul 5, 2011
What do you expect him to say?

Maybe it's the way I'm reading it, but I'm still getting that "I'm smarter at hockey than everyone else" tone that him and Hextall threw at Flyers fans for years.

OH YOU NEVER PLAYED IN THE NHL SO YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOUR TALKING ABOUT. Guess what, Fletcher has essentially done what everyone on this board has been calling for (sans exchanging MacDonald for Myers) and the team is performing the way we thought it would.

I've been building this anger up for years. It's going to take at least until the end of the season to get it all out of my system.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Maybe it's the way I'm reading it, but I'm still getting that "I'm smarter at hockey than everyone else" tone that him and Hextall threw at Flyers fans for years.

OH YOU NEVER PLAYED IN THE NHL SO YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOUR TALKING ABOUT. Guess what, Fletcher has essentially done what everyone on this board has been calling for (sans exchanging MacDonald for Myers) and the team is performing the way we thought it would.

I've been building this anger up for years. It's going to take at least until the end of the season to get it all out of my system.
Seems like he was probably being a nice guy to a stranger.

Reactions: FlyerFaithful17

magnumpi

Apr 22, 2018
Yes he did. Eagles went how long under Andy Reid? Trust the process. Too long with Hakstol. How long have the Phillies been fielding an inferior team?
Fans have made a fuss during these but they didn’t flat out go ape ****.
Philly has patience, when patience is due.
Hakstol has his time, and then some.

Those are management decisions. Fans aren't hiring and firing people. So the length of Andy Reid's tenure is irrelevant to the discussion.

magnumpi

Apr 22, 2018
Seems like he was probably being a nice guy to a stranger.

agree,

I need to clarify this at every post but I do not like Hakstol.

But I don't understand why someone would be trashing him for talking to a stranger. He's under no obligation to engage in a conversation. Personally, if i was in Hakstol's shoes I wouldn't want to talk to him.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
It's kind of amazing that Goulbourne and Varone have be called up and have basically the same effect in the NHL, but one is an AHL bottom 6/PK guy, and one is an AHL point machine/reigning MVP.

Reactions: Beef Invictus

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
I think he is right. Dave Scott fired a really good gm out of impatience. Fletcher hasn't done anything yet, but gone are the days of slick trades, good drafting, and great contract negotiating. How awesome does that schenn deal look now? How great to the myers and zemula signings look now? Everything we have to be excited about with this franchise is due to hexy.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Apparently Hakstol felt that playing the worst players the most time was our fault for not relying on him doing it for 4+ years and getting the same exact result.

Then again, this man coached UND for what? 15 years w/o winning a championship? I guess UND fans were impatient too.

Reactions: Flyerfan4life

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad