Value of: My dream combo of Colton Parayko and Brady Skjei to Calgary

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Having these 2 would do wonders for the roster. Skjei-Parayko would be the modern-day Park-Orr in my mind, Pronger-Macinnis, all those other great pairs that exist but I can't name them right now.

Nothing is off the table right now. I'll even put some of my organs on the table for the possibility of this thread. Imagine Calgary's d-core...

Skjei-Parayko
Weegar-Andersson
Hanifin-Tanev
Zadorov

What the f*** do you want St. Louis and Carolina... TELL ME!!!
where does Calgary find $11.75M in Cap space?

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
Someone needs to overpay for Parayko like now, as he seems to already be declining for some reason

Though then the RHD is a bit scary in St louis lol

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
There's been no suggestion Parayko is available and it would leave a huge hole on the Blues. If the Blues find a reason to move him it would be a roster second pairing defenseman coming back and the acquiring team would just be upgrading and paying at least an additional 1st to do it. The payment to upgrade from that roster player to Parayko would have to be pretty tempting to the Blues because as time moves forward Parayko's contract is pretty mild. But again, Parayko is very unlikely to be moved.

Discipline Daddy

Brentcent Van Burns
Nov 27, 2009
Raleigh, NC
Brady Skjei's contract expires after the 23'-24' season. This depresses his value a little. He's played phenomenally this year. Easily a #2 quality, and often a #1 type here and there. His offensive swagger has grown to the point that it no longer inhibits his defensive game. He and Pesce are definitely our best pair this year.

In a vacuum, I'd say his value is around a #5-10 overall draft pick.

I don't know if we can re-sign everybody in the 24' offseason. The holdup may be term as he may want 7 or 8 years and he'll be 30 when his contract ends. I'd pay $6M for a 4 year contract, but that may not be enough term. He is a really physical player and a great skater. At some point in his 30s the wheels will come off.

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
Having these 2 would do wonders for the roster. Skjei-Parayko would be the modern-day Park-Orr in my mind, Pronger-Macinnis, all those other great pairs that exist but I can't name them right now.
Pronger & MacInnis wasn’t a thing. They each carried their own pairing for 26-mins per night.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
I really don't see how this makes the Flames better. They have enough solid defensive personnel. What they really need is a guy who can put pucks in the net. If they are targeting a d-man, it should be one with a massive shot from the point to potentially fix their power play.

Reactions: Ledge And Dairy

Ledge And Dairy

I really don't see how this makes the Flames better. They have enough solid defensive personnel. What they really need is a guy who can put pucks in the net. If they are targeting a d-man, it should be one with a massive shot from the point to potentially fix their power play.
Even then Ras has been just fine. Chychrun is the only legitimate upgrade to their PP on the market and he shouldn't be a high prio target for us

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Someone needs to overpay for Parayko like now, as he seems to already be declining for some reason

Though then the RHD is a bit scary in St louis lol
He has had bit of crappy season, as has entire team. But I don’t see physical decline. He should be quite good for several years (not necessarily full term of his contract) if he keeps head out of his @SS.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Because saying someone who is 28 is too old for a rebuild is somehow equivalent to being a disgusting person.
WLwr.gif

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
And? He's less than two years younger, If I'm dealing Parayko I'm trying to get much (3-4 years at least) younger. Blues have one of the oldest rosters in the league. The Blues should be looking at players under the age of Buchnevich and around the ages of Kyrou and Thomas.
How about something around Bouchard. You trade experience for youth, defending for offense... Bouch is a smart kid, the defending will come with time (the physicality is already kicking in).... time that we don't have to wait.

You'd need to take on Foegele or JP (at least), as we'd need to shed significant salary to fit in Parayko.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad