Value of: My dream combo of Colton Parayko and Brady Skjei to Calgary

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
How about something around Bouchard. You trade experience for youth, defending for offense... Bouch is a smart kid, the defending will come with time (the physicality is already kicking in).... time that we don't have to wait.

You'd need to take on Foegele or JP (at least), as we'd need to shed significant salary to fit in Parayko.
Bouchard is type of guy we would need if we dealt Parayko, a defenseman that we think will be top 4 by time we are good again.

Oilwings

Jan 23, 2006
604 Area
As a blues fan with clear knowledge that Parayko isn’t remotely as good as u seem to think.

I’d happily take 1st+ Pelletier + Zary+ Mackey

And no I don’t hate Parayko, he’s a mutant and solid defensively. But his puck play and distributing ability is league average at best(if I’m being nice)
Parayko for Nurse?

mab894

Nov 27, 2017
Parayko is definitely not untouchable but it would take a pretty good haul to acquire him. 1st + a couple good prospects.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
the-price-just-went-up-dwayne-johnson.gif

PerryTurnbullfan

Sep 30, 2006
Penalty Box
Only if oil retained on nurse. He is fine player but that contract is insane.
oilers retain $11 million over 8 years? That be half of the $22 million over Parayko's deal. Plus we get first crack at the next top ten pick of Edmonton's that flops as a possible 2nd chance before they exit into oblivion.... Some of the guys were fun in a Blues uniform....

StlBill

Jul 1, 2018
oilers retain $11 million over 8 years? That be half of the $22 million over Parayko's deal. Plus we get first crack at the next top ten pick of Edmonton's that flops as a possible 2nd chance before they exit into oblivion.... Some of the guys were fun in a Blues uniform....
Nurse does nothing for the blues. We already have a left side D full of bloated contracts, last thing we need is the worst D contract in the league joining them.

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
I'll give up one testicle to either Carolina or St. Louis. The other one can have a kidney.
You can double donate your liver as well but considering what you are asking for my guess is that you'll have to put an eye as well as all your follicles on the table.

Sigurd

Slavin, our Lord and Saver (AKA Extra Goalie)
Feb 4, 2018
North Carolina
Skjei got another goal tonight. He is now tied for most goals by a defenseman since December; a total of 4 since December. Tied with Makar and Josi.

Reactions: Identity404

Discipline Daddy

Brentcent Van Burns
Nov 27, 2009
Raleigh, NC
Skjei got another goal tonight. He is now tied for most goals by a defenseman since December; a total of 4 since December. Tied with Makar and Josi.
I don't know the exact stats but I believe since the start of last season, Skjei has the same 5 on 5 points per 60 that Cale Makar has. Obviously Cale is 1000x the power play player, but nevertheless that was surprising for me.

Reactions: Sigurd

Sigurd

Slavin, our Lord and Saver (AKA Extra Goalie)
Feb 4, 2018
North Carolina
I don't know the exact stats but I believe since the start of last season, Skjei has the same 5 on 5 points per 60 that Cale Makar has. Obviously Cale is 1000x the power play player, but nevertheless that was surprising for me.
Well, since Skjei really hasn't been put on the power play, that's obviously hurting his production. Thankfully Rod put him on the PP last night (surprisingly). Rod will most likely continue that since Skjei's PP unit did well throughout last night IMO. Quite a few good chances.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Over last season and this season combined, Brady Skjei's ranking among NHL defensemen:

ES Goals: tied for 10th
ES Points: tied for 9th
+/-: tied for 9th best
5v5 GA/60: 6th best (> 1000 min)
5v5 GF%: 8th best (> 1000 min)

He and Pesce have taken on the toughest competition the last two seasons as well.

Reactions: Finlandia WOAT

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad