Proposal: my bruin deal with vegas to move some row boats around

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
Beleskey and Eakin are completely a wash, in cap and as players. Might as well not even include them in the trade.

Exactly what I was thinking.

Beleskey:

Age - 29

(26) 14/15 - 64 GP | 22 G | 32 P | 0.50 PPG
(27) 15/16 - 80 GP | 15 G | 37 P | 0.47 PPG
(28) 16/17 - 49 GP | 3 G | 8 P | 0.16 PPG

Cap hit - $3.8/per for 3 years

Eakin:

Age - 26

(23) 14/15 - 78 GP | 19 | 21 | 40 P | 0.51 PPG
(24) 15/16 - 82 GP | 16 | 19 | 35 P | 0.42 PPG
(25) 16/17 - 60 GP | 3 | 9 | 12 P | 0.20 PPG

Cap hit - $3.85/per for 3 years

Schmidt is interesting. Eakin is trash I wouldn't take for free.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
When methot went for a 2020 second this board lost its mind... surely ottawa would pay more?

As vegas sits there at the end of july with around 9 lhs shot dmen under contract including sbisa and stoner who are absolutely untradable... this board has no answers

Honestly i think anyone who believes they know what vegas is upto... clearly is far more optomistic than i am.

If nate schmidt truely is so valuable they shouldnt leave him unsigned but is he?

For my money shea theodore is their most talented puck moving dman of the future
And then theres jason garrison they already trotted out in their colors

None of merril, mcnabb, reinhart are waiver exempt

Do they really plan on using these guys on the right?

And of course there is around 7 mill being paid to sbisa and stoner

Trevor van rymsdyke was dealt for a late second in a weak draft

I will stand by my value. I thank everyone for participating but if you tried to ptopose a trade youd be slammed too. And when a real trade happens you slam it as well.

So no... i wont stop having fun here... thanks

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
:popcorn:
Exactly what I was thinking.

Beleskey:

Age - 29

(26) 14/15 - 64 GP | 22 G | 32 P | 0.50 PPG
(27) 15/16 - 80 GP | 15 G | 37 P | 0.47 PPG
(28) 16/17 - 49 GP | 3 G | 8 P | 0.16 PPG

Cap hit - $3.8/per for 3 years

Eakin:

Age - 26

(23) 14/15 - 78 GP | 19 | 21 | 40 P | 0.51 PPG
(24) 15/16 - 82 GP | 16 | 19 | 35 P | 0.42 PPG
(25) 16/17 - 60 GP | 3 | 9 | 12 P | 0.20 PPG

Cap hit - $3.85/per for 3 years

Schmidt is interesting. Eakin is trash I wouldn't take for free.

i think bostons kid wingers are closer to contibuting than their centers are... im not saying eakin is better than belesky in a vaccuum but eakin makes spooner expendable

Eakin plus a kid at 4.8 cap is better than spooner plus a kid at 6.5 cap

As for vegas they dont have nhl ready kids and could stand to have a few warm bodies up ftont with some winning experience

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
So, not only do the Bruins shed themselves of a player with negative value because of the contract he has(Belesky), they also get the two best players in the deal by a significant margin.

And all they give up is a 3rd round pick?

This is beyond terrible.

We can agree belesky has no trade value... i wouldnt agree he has no value on the ice for a western conference expansion team.

Lets break my offer down to spooner and a 3rd for schmidt

And say its mcquaid and belesky for eakin

If vegas passes i lose very little sleep. Even though this fills a hole for boston the upgrade is nominal. I do like opening a spot for a kid but that can be accomplished by putting belesky in the box

Spooner has much more upside than eakin but is behind begeron and krejci... trust me vegas doesnt have anything close to bergeron or krejci getting in the way of spooner becoming a top 6 center for them

airbus220

Feb 19, 2012
When methot went for a 2020 second this board lost its mind... surely ottawa would pay more?

OTT didn't want to pay to protect Method. It's their fault !!!
Vegas shouldn't have traded Method for so less but obviously nobody else wanted to pay more. So DAL is the lucky one and not BOS.

As vegas sits there at the end of july with around 9 lhs shot dmen under contract including sbisa and stoner who are absolutely untradable... this board has no answers

Who cares, at least we got Miller and we will keep him. Only that is important.
I could even imagine we extend Sbisa, not for 3M of course.

If nate schmidt truely is so valuable they shouldnt leave him unsigned but is he?

Why should Schmidt sign with BOS?

No problem, we can keep all D we have and would waive only Hunt and Casto. Have fun with them.

Obviously Vegas has a bigger budget.

TVR is only 8 days younger than Schmidt. Schmidt will likely be the oldest we will keep, so I don't complain about this trade. Obviously BOS didn't offer more for TVR.

Eddie Munson

This year is my year. I can feel it. ‘86 baby!
Jul 11, 2008

Honestly i think anyone who believes they know what vegas is upto... clearly is far more optomistic than i am.

For my money shea theodore is their most talented puck moving dman of the future
And then theres jason garrison they already trotted out in their colors

Do they really plan on using these guys on the right?

I will stand by my value. I thank everyone for participating but if you tried to ptopose a trade youd be slammed too. And when a real trade happens you slam it as well.

So no... i wont stop having fun here... thanks

This favors Boston way too much. Both sides give up a good piece in Spooner/Schmidt and a terrible contract and piece in Beleskey/Eakin. The problem then becomes that you talk about LVK having too many D-Men but then send them a bottom pairing guy? Koko is about as useless as they come and the price to eat another contract in McQuaid is a 3rd. That's a lot to ask from LVK with little incentive.

Also the bold text.... are you forgetting Pastrnak? Leaving an RFA unsigned doesn't quantify the teams apparent value of that player. Poor logic to try and prove a point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad