GDT: My Boys Are Back In Town, Swoon Edition - Pens @ Habs 19:00 EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I lost my slapping glove, how am I supposed to provoke him in a duel?
1532558057303.jpg

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
I will laugh when fans come into the GDT and say "The Pens better want revenge for Montreal's win!" :biglaugh: I doubt this team gives two ****s if they get beat in a regular season game like that. It happens. There is no bad blood over it. They'll say the right things but no action.

This will be a fun game because the Pens struggle with very structured teams who also play fast and transition.
z00caX.gif

Reactions: Bumpus

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal
Habs trying to stop those without lower bowl seats from going down to the glass unless you have a kid with you, another reason to hate these :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Being in the vicinity doesn’t equate guilt. That’s pretty silly.

Rust is suppose to protect the high slot on that play and he let his man coast right in and score, but because Letang was there you claim it’s his fault?

Anyone who doesn’t think Letang has been playing well the first three games of the season needs a hockey 101 refresher.

Now, as for those pimping Simon's greatness . . . :thumbu:

Is rikkola playing?

Based on yesterday's practice, it will be Maatta-Riikola with Oleksiak on the bench.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Technically Brassard is LW and Guentzel RW... technicallly.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA

To be honest, Guentzel makes more sense on RW than on LW to me. He's more of a goal scorer than anything else and is a converted center, which likely means he has more position flexibility than if he'd be a natural LWer.

Reactions: Ms Maggie

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005

I am NOT surprised that he went there. I HOPE that Brass is the RW and Jake is the LW.

I expected that HMK abomination to remain in place, but I suspect it's on borrowed time now (once Horny went off L1, everything else became fair game).

Honestly, if HMK craps the bed early tonight, I'd expect a Kessel and Horny flip.

Reactions: Andy99 and Peat

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
To be honest, Guentzel makes more sense on RW than on LW to me. He's more of a goal scorer than anything else and is a converted center, which likely means he has more position flexibility than if he'd be a natural LWer.

Fair points. Just it's not going to make anyone go "Oh, I guess those lines aren't a surprise after all".

Me, I like the first line. The rest... vintage Sully. Which probably means a lot of us will be eating crow in a little.

Reactions: Ogrezilla

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Fair points. Just it's not going to make anyone go "Oh, I guess those lines aren't a surprise after all".

Me, I like the first line. The rest... vintage Sully. Which probably means a lot of us will be eating crow in a little.

Yeah, I don't like the 3rd line. Then again, I'm not sure I like Sheahan as my 3C on this team either, so it may be a lose-lose situation regardless of what you run with there.

Reactions: Andy99
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad